Screenshot of a New 0.11.0 Feature

"
Nithryok wrote:
onslaught has nothing to do with cut-throat as stated twice by chris already.

My guess is that they are releasing act 3.5 and bringing back MoC

Act 3X is being released in Sept/Oct. This patch doesn't bring back MoC, sorry!
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Wonder what the patch timing is? Are we going to have a 10.08d this week? 10.08c earlier this week seemed like "stuff we wanted in 10.8b but couldn't fit in". Or are things slowed down on the uniques front because that guy is on vacation? Not complainin' or nothing just loving be kept in the loop!

edit: or maybe thats what tonights news post will answer!
Last edited by habbey on May 22, 2013, 8:44:08 PM
"
Roudy4 wrote:
Wait wait wait. I think i worked out what the 'Onslaught' league may be. A while back when devs were chatting in game, think it was in one of the races, i can't recall when and exactly which GGG member it was that said it but they said that they have a separate league that allows them to cheat and do whatever on. Essentially just a debug kind of mode. Maybe all it is, is that?

It's what allows them to do all their in game testing to do with skills and stuff. Think about it, they have to able to tell the game to give them the items to test otherwise they'd be spending hours trying to obtain them just to test them lol.

I have no doubt the dev have such debug league for internal testing and development, but this picture seems to be intentionally hinting something. The character from Onslaught league was particularly selected (hence highlighted). I don't think the dev would tease us with a debug mode we will never see :p

My guess is this has to do with the secret surprise they have been talking about. A new special league would be big enough to fit such surprise.
"
f0xx wrote:
"
FerociousFeAr wrote:
Chris, I hope you have a team dedicated on pushing pvp to be the #1 priority. I can almost assure you that if you have a badass pvp system that is fun, the competitiveness of gamers will go nuts and your game will grow.

From what I see, there is no hint of pvp being pushed as hard as some of your other content, until then I find it hard to continue to play content that is repeatable. I know arpgs are hard to stick to if you get bored quick but it would help if pvp was interesting. Right now it has too many issues.

I'm no longer playing anymore, I do read your patches every time you announce it in hopes that pvp gets the respect it deserves in your company.

At any rate if I'm not back, I wish you and your staff the best of luck.

Cheers.

This.

Same here
Hell no. PvP is a terrible idea. That's why it's received close to zero attention. That's why it's a sideshow, just like it is in every successful ARPG.

Having to struggle for PvP balance is the enemy of a PvE focused game, especially one that offers as diverse and flexible a character customization system as this. How many times are we going to see games ruined before players learn?
I agree with you to a point ... I don't think the PvP arenas should be a main aspect of the game because they would need tremendous amount of balancing but I do think Cut-throat league would be.. It doesn't need balancing and people would play with groups so they wouldn't get killed and it would be fun for players.
"
lepre84 wrote:
(you should add a button to filter staff messages from the forum since few know about the "filter-account-type/staff")!

Would you be kind enough and explain in detail how to do it?
"
Chris wrote:
"
Nithryok wrote:
onslaught has nothing to do with cut-throat as stated twice by chris already.

My guess is that they are releasing act 3.5 and bringing back MoC

Act 3X is being released in Sept/Oct. This patch doesn't bring back MoC, sorry!

I'm gonna read between the lines here and take this as evidence that MoC WILL be back. Eventually. That makes me beyond happy. :D

"
Bhaya wrote:
"
lepre84 wrote:
(you should add a button to filter staff messages from the forum since few know about the "filter-account-type/staff")!

Would you be kind enough and explain in detail how to do it?

*looks at the little GGG button beside threads* *clicks it* *sees all developer thread posts within said thread*

... There's already a button for that?
Last edited by TremorAcePV on May 23, 2013, 2:15:53 AM
"
TremorAcePV wrote:
*looks at the little GGG button beside threads* *clicks it* *sees all developer thread posts within said thread*

... There's already a button for that?

Thank you very much for your kind help! Meanwhile, I have found GGG Tracker.
I do like to do the Races and so I really find this one useful, as the Event kalender is one of my most visited pages just now ;)
Keep calm, play PoE, drink Tea & listen to Prog!

Exiled.eu ... deutsche PoE-Community mit News, TS3, Guides & vielen netten Leuten :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info