Season Two, Event 183: 2 Hour Cutthroat Solo

This league has Cutthroat and Hardcore enabled, when you die to enemies of any type you will be moved to Default league.

A summary of hardcore Cutthroat rules:
  • This is a separate short-duration league that has its own stash (as usual). At the end of the event, characters and stashed items will be moved to Hardcore.
  • There's a PvP damage multiplier because players start with a lot more life than they do damage. This multiplier will be adjusted substantially based on feedback from this event and others.
  • Players are hostile by default to players who are not in their party.
  • You can ctrl+click on the entrance to an area to use the Instance Management screen to manually enter any other player's instance of an area.
  • Cut-throat instances can hold a maximum of 12 players.
  • This is a hardcore league. When you die, you will be moved to default league, you lose the normal experience penalty for your difficulty plus 30% of your current level. You also drop all inventory and equipped items. Your flasks, skill gems (even ones in your inventory) and quest items are not dropped.
  • If you were killed by another player, your lost experience is split among their party.
  • If you attempt to abruptly leave the game in a non-town instance, you have to wait 5 seconds and are unable to move or use flasks.
  • The grace period of invulnerability upon entering an area is 20 seconds. This should start once the player is mostly done loading.
  • Non-partied players only show up on the map if they're nearby.
  • There are no notifications for players joining or leaving areas.
  • Portals cannot be used until they have been up for five seconds.
  • You cannot apply microtransaction effects to items in cut-throat. You may dance and have pets.

Standard rules for league events apply. Please click this link if this is your first race event.

For information about Race Season Two, please check out this announcement!

To see your points in the current season (and its prizes), go to this page.

Top Prizes:

The overall top player by experience will receive 3 Reward Points.

The top 20 players of each class by experience will receive:
  • #1 player of each class: Demigod's Triumph (Unique Golden Wreath) and 10 Reward Points
  • #2 player of each class: 6 Reward Points
  • #3 player of each class: 5 Reward Points
  • #4 player of each class: 4 Reward Points
  • #5 player of each class: 3 Reward Points
  • #6-10 player of each class: 2 Reward Points
  • #11-20 player of each class: 1 Reward Point

Prizes for reaching specific levels and staying alive:
  • Level 33: 10 Reward Points
  • Level 28-32: 7 Reward Points
  • Level 24-27: 6 Reward Points
  • Level 20-23: 5 Reward Points
  • Level 16-19: 4 Reward Points
  • Level 12-15: 3 Reward Points
  • Level 6-11: 1 Reward Point

Quest Prizes:
The first player to complete each of these quests wins the prize listed.

• Normal difficulty Hillock (Twilight Strand): 2 Reward Points
  • Normal difficulty Medicine Chest (Tidal Island): 2 Reward Points
  • Normal difficulty Fairgraves (Ship Graveyard): 2 Reward Points
  • Normal difficulty Deep Dweller (Flooded Depths): 2 Reward Points
  • Cruel difficulty Hillock (Twilight Strand): 2 Reward Points
  • Cruel difficulty Medicine Chest (Tidal Island): 2 Reward Points
  • Cruel difficulty Fairgraves (Ship Graveyard): 2 Reward Points
  • Cruel difficulty Deep Dweller (Flooded Depths): 2 Reward Points

Full-clear Prizes:
The first player to kill all of the monsters in any of the following areas will receive:

• Normal difficulty Fetid Pool: 2 Reward Points
  • Normal difficulty Old Fields Cave: 2 Reward Points
  • Normal difficulty Dread Thicket: 2 Reward Points
  • Normal difficulty Catacombs: 2 Reward Points
  • Cruel difficulty Fetid Pool: 2 Reward Points
  • Cruel difficulty Old Fields Cave: 2 Reward Points
  • Cruel difficulty Dread Thicket: 2 Reward Points
  • Cruel difficulty Catacombs: 2 Reward Points

Random Prizes:
Each Reward Point you earn in this race counts as a ticket in a random draw for one of the following items:

• Alternate Art Karui Ward Unique Item (15 available to be won)
  • Alternate Art Shiversting Unique Item (5 available to be won)
  • Alternate Art Quill Rain Unique Item (5 available to be won)
  • Alternate Art Onyx Amulet Item (5 available to be won)
  • Alternate Art Death's Harp Unique Item (3 available to be won)
  • Alternate Art Carnage Heart Unique Item (1 available to be won)
Last edited by GGG_Neon on May 21, 2013, 7:39:21 PM
Hello; love the inclusion of CT events, but 10 out of 12? Seems a bit much, especially during a holiday weekend when we finally have some free time...or does this mean I have to spend my entire Saturday outside actually doing something? That, sir, is crazy talk.

Thanks.
"Experience is the best teacher,but there's only one seat in his classroom."
Play with honour and show some class - www.theAmazonBasin.com
Zarabeth - Level 89 Ranger
Wicked Wanda - Level 87 Witch
Xarabeth - Level 79 Scion
"
OldeSchool wrote:
Hello; love the inclusion of CT events, but 10 out of 12? Seems a bit much, especially during a holiday weekend when we finally have some free time...or does this mean I have to spend my entire Saturday outside actually doing something? That, sir, is crazy talk.

Thanks.

You could always roll the dice and try an event.... You might even enjoy them. Plus they are testing for future leagues according to the site updates. Personally I'm happy they are doing some extensive CT testing and plan to help them.
Best results as Ranger
rank 29 (1 Hr Lethal TI Solo (S02E148))
rank 40 (2 Hr Fixed Seed Solo (S02E249))
rank 49 (1 Hour BLAMT Solo (S02E258))
Good luck everyone :)
Last edited by JonSoucy on May 25, 2013, 2:40:28 AM
Currently the "Chance to Freeze" skills are just completely overpowered at low levels. I suggest removing that chance to freeze on players. The chill is already good enough on glacial hammer and cold snap.

This also makes low level pvp completely RNG over who can freeze the other person first.
IGN - Customs
#1 Duelist Season 4
Was going well, hunting a few people down through prisoners and caverns, then Merveil freezes me and shits on me. Embarrassing.
This is my first CT... I have one question, what is stopping higher levels camping/griefing lower level areas?
IGN: Athulua
"
OldeSchool wrote:

Thanks.

Totally agree, i can't stand these events. I'm playing POE because it's casual PvE without annoying imbalanced PvP. The only interesting event for me starts at 5 AM, so not going to play POE this week-end (again)!
Would someone mind telling me how to invade australians? I tried every gateway on my list (US, EU, Singapore) and could not see their instance, and they cruised to a 100% pve win.
Last edited by aimlessgun on May 25, 2013, 5:05:27 AM
"
aimlessgun wrote:
Would someone mind telling me how to invade australians? I tried every gateway on my list (US, EU, Singapore) and could not see their instance, and they cruised to a 100% pve win.

LOLOLOL.

A mod won which is pretty legit, also he didnt just PvE, he killed someone. It's pretty funny since I've now came twice because the top racers have no clue how to get onto the Australian server, legit.

GGG_Fairgraves!
IGN TDA
Last edited by TDA on May 25, 2013, 5:08:32 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info