Gameplay focused on spamming one single skill?

Hey guys, first off, i ve not played PoE yet, hence i cant really tell if its true..

but from those thousands of vids i ve seen now

to me it seems that the gameplay of this game is focused around spamming just one single prefered skill...

i dont know how this type of gamestyle will work out, since i ve not experienced it yet, but i could imagine it may get boring after time..

in D2 people usually used around 2+ skills

and in d3 (which btw sucks imo) players at least had practically 1 primara + secondary + some other skills, based on setup and preferrence making it in average 3+ different skills
theoretically player also could ve used 4 primary + 2 sec skills making it 6 different variations of attackstyle

what are your thoughts about this and do you think that this "issue" needs to be adressed?
Not really, depends on your playstyle. Noone an tell you what to use. For example my Marauder uses 5 skills often and one or two more sometimes. But for dealing damage he has 2 + leap, which also does damage, but is mainly used as close gap.

Mostly you should have at least one elemental attack and one physical, so you can deal with different monster types, also one AoE and one single target. I have Aoe elemental and single physical and it works nice so far.
IGN: Mayon
__________________________________________________________________________________
Never argue with stupid people,
they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
Mark Twain
If you have a build that can be pulled off with just one active 'attack' skill, it's very likely you're using other skills such as summons, auras and totems to make it work properly. I've never seen a high level build without a full set of skills on the hotkeys.

Typically I'll have 2-3 active skills, and the rest will be auras and the like. I don't find this game any more repetitive skill-wise than D2. Can't comment on That Other Game because its final skill setup was a travesty compared to what was originally proposed. In my most humble of opinions.
Predecessor! Paragon is BACK.
Finished Dragons Dogma 2 at 327 hours, 9 playthroughs. Loved every minute.
Holy shit, Assassins Creed ARPG trilogy isnt shit. 3D titan quest with better writing?
Dungeon Encounters is brilliant. Square Enix should stop banking on bloatjunk like ffxvi and ff7r.
2-3 "passive" skills (auras)
1 sprint skill
1 totem
1 debuff (curse)
2 attacks (AoE + single target)
here
If you're leaving PoE, chances are I'll rezz you as my minion! MWHAHAHAH
I use 3 skills leap, sweep and molten since lvl 15 I rhink I could be wrong and I'm perfect with those three cause I built the char to my preference. I don't like having lots of skills to juggle I just wanna get in there and smash shit. But these skills also don't get boring cause of my support gems which add LoH, 2 types of elemental dmg (the red and green fire and ice I think) and increased radiuse. Those are all on my sweep skill. I'm almost lvl 45 on the 3rd difficulty.
Please don't pm me asking for beta keys :)
Hmm well i originally plan to use only one skill (Ice nova with super big aoe wit lots of crits)from start to end. But then i found ice spear is super effective vs single target far away. Then, i found fire traps are fun to play with (its like fire in the hole). I thought why not get some zombies as support too. At level 34 i got a support totem and hey lets put it with cold snap for the utility more freeze. Around this level i also got critical weakness which upgrades my build. Did i say i also got clarity and discipline as auras.

Is it a viable build!!! Don't care.. I am having super fun with my ice nova nearly hitting everything in the whole screen.
No food in fridge... Beer it is.
That seems only natural to me that you don't have many "main" skills.

I for one have 3 skills that use the most, in order of importance Poison Arrow, Elemental Hit, Rain of Arrows. But I run with hatred up, summon skellies for tough fights and debuff with temporeal chains when I get surrounded. Love love love utility skills. I am yet to find a socket to fit grace but I need more mana for that anyways which I am working on but even then it'd probably be a switch between hatred and grace based on type of fight I am in.

Did I just blow my own mind? I think so.
SwiftScylla :: Ranger
OldBullLee :: Templar
Castelmore :: Duelist
Vronsky :: Marauder
On my archer. Lightning arrow is my main attack. I use temporal chains and phase run. They're the only things I really use though.
Both my mains use 2-3 attack skills, 2-3 auras, totems, other backup skills etc. Id also use more active skills if the hotkey config wasnt so restrictive.
IGN: KoTao
I play ranger and i use one single target spell, an aoe and then a curse. I could easily use more but this style suits my personal preference.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info