18 current issues of path of exile

path of exile is very far from an open beta as is, (no matter how much people try to say otherwise) so here are 18 things i feel that could help this game out. (feel free to add to the list too. but nothing uncessary, like nerfs to normal, or automatic orb pick ups, or auction houses. this isnt TOG).

1) loading screen takes too long - might be a slow processor on my end, but ive noticed it does take a little bit to load up)

2) items take up too much space - its find to port back to town with a full pack, but does a bow really have to take up so many squares?

3) graphics loads are choppy - i fixed this by turning shadows off in my game, and it doesnt happen as often, but it does happen

4) no way to resize chatbox - if its there please let me know, but the chat box is a little big

5) monster AI is slow to react sometimes enemies will just stand there doing nothing... or not react at all when being hit

6) each area should have its own lore sub menu - i know lore is in the works, but if this is added, please no voice recorded audio in my lower right corner, let me read the book....

7) hitting hte ESC key does not pause the game - i know its online, you cant physically "pause" the game, but itd be nice if the ESC key could

8) no way to see your groups location if you get seperated - id really like to know where they are..

9) no way of seeing damage - floating text

10) AOE effects sometimes do not register on enemies if the spell hits a tree directly next to the enemy, or in a doorway, or a few other instances i cant quite remember

11) summoned minions run off going nowhere, or run off to attack enemies off screen - since i summoned them, they should be with me, or is this some sort of draw back to summoning?

12) casting animations are a bit rigid - however the realistic movement is acceptable, dont want to spam like an idiot.

13) monsters will "warp" in front of me or away from me - turning shadows off fixes this, but not completely

14) rubberbanding due to server communications - my end? their end? not sure

15) sometimes items that drop from looting can cause slight game freeze - not sure if my graphics, or its on their end

16) no way to right click items to stash or sell screen - have... to... move... every... single... item... one... by... one...

17) very easy to out level content - i am still 4-5 levels above all content, because i had to level up to defeate marveil. becaue of that im even 4 levels above act 1's content on the second difficulty

18) certin suffixes or pieces of gear, and certain skill builds should make your character, and armor glow - creates a sense of power.

more to come, but this is what i have now, what are some other things you all see that could be a fix? please no arbitrary nerfs, or auction houses, or auto pick ups.
support - grinding gear games, cdprojekt, runic games, clockstone, larian studios, south peak games, crate entertainment, invision games (on facebook), localize dragonquest anniversery (facebook).
Last edited by Malurek on Jul 10, 2012, 6:17:14 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
Malurek wrote:
16) no way to right click items to stash or sell screen - have... to... move... every... single... item... one... by... one...

Just a note: while this is an issue for the stash, shift+click is the functionality you're looking for when it comes to the vendor.
I have wandered through insanity;
I have walked the spiral out.
Heard its twisted dreamed inanity
In a whisper, in a shout.
In the babbling cacophony
The refrains are all the same:
"[permutations of humanity]
are unworthy of the name!"
I'm sure people will agree/disagree with different points there.

But I would like the devs to know that the game's load time seems to have increased dramatically over the past few patches.
In Wraeclast, if someone tries to kill you... you just kill them right back.
1) Beta

2) Not an issue, a design decision.

3) No idea what you're trying to say here.

4) Agree.

5) Zombies?

6) Personal preference.

7) Personal preference.

8) Agree, arrows would be nice.

9) Planned addition.

10) Not an issue, aim better.

11) Planned to be totally reworked in 0.9.12.

12) Ok?

13) Turning off shadows makes monsters stop warping around?

14) Server issues are hopefully being worked on (they are known).

15) Never had this happen to me.

16) Answered already.

17) Congratulations.

18) Personal preference.
TehHammer is not a crime!
"
I'm sure people will agree/disagree with different points there.

But I would like the devs to know that the game's load time seems to have increased dramatically over the past few patches.

Seconded and then some. When I first got the beta, the loading times were miraculous. The increases since then have been very significant indeed.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
nothing to do with aiming. its the fact that if i hit a barrel or a wall and an enemies is directly next to it, they take aoe damage, but for whatever reason, the same doesnt happen when you are around trees, and the enemy is right next to the tree you hit, it takes no damage.
support - grinding gear games, cdprojekt, runic games, clockstone, larian studios, south peak games, crate entertainment, invision games (on facebook), localize dragonquest anniversery (facebook).
I'll try to answer some of these but as usual, I can provide but one angle, being my own:

"
Malurek wrote:
path of exile is very far from an open beta as is, (no matter how much people try to say otherwise) so here are 18 things i feel that could help this game out. (feel free to add to the list too. but nothing uncessary, like nerfs to normal, or automatic orb pick ups, or auction houses. this isnt TOG).

1) loading screen takes too long - might be a slow processor on my end, but ive noticed it does take a little bit to load up)

Yep, it's not your processor. The past few patches have really increased the loading times. Fairly sure GGG would be aware of that.

"
Malurek wrote:
2) items take up too much space - its find to port back to town with a full pack, but does a bow really have to take up so many squares?

Forum search 'inventory size'. Ongoing discussion, mostly dismissed. Working As Intended.

"
Malurek wrote:
3) graphics loads are choppy - i fixed this by turning shadows off in my game, and it doesnt happen as often, but it does happen

Haven't experienced this to any great degree, so maybe it is your processor. Maybe.

"
Malurek wrote:
4) no way to resize chatbox - if its there please let me know, but the chat box is a little big

I expect the chat interface to get worked on significantly before or around Open. How it is now worked fine for a Closed Beta, but PoE is now accessible to anyone with 10 bucks to spare. No guarantees but I'll be disappointed if this game goes Open with its current chat setup.

"
Malurek wrote:
5) monster AI is slow to react sometimes enemies will just stand there doing nothing... or not react at all when being hit

There are also threads about this. You can delve deeper into the issue on them.

"
Malurek wrote:
6) each area should have its own lore sub menu - i know lore is in the works, but if this is added, please no voice recorded audio in my lower right corner, let me read the book....

http://www.pathofexile.com/areas/

I realise it's far from obviously placed, but there you go. Read away.

"
Malurek wrote:
7) hitting hte ESC key does not pause the game - i know its online, you cant physically "pause" the game, but itd be nice if the ESC key could

It'd be nice but it's not going to happen, not unless you find a way to pause the internet. Let me know if you do, that'd be kinda cool.

I know Starcraft multiplayer had a pause function, but this isn't an RTS, it's an ARPG. It's part of a world that never pauses, even if you do.

"
Malurek wrote:
8) no way to see your groups location if you get seperated - id really like to know where they are..

I find that looking at the overlay map suffices for this.

"
Malurek wrote:

Discussed on other threads. You could have saved yourself some effort by doing a few simple forum searches here. 'Floating Combat Text' will yield a thread to which GGG themselves replied.

"
Malurek wrote:
10) AOE effects sometimes do not register on enemies if the spell hits a tree directly next to the enemy, or in a doorway, or a few other instances i cant quite remember

I can't speak to this directly. Again, search if this is a known issue, report it separately and more thoroughly if not.

"
Malurek wrote:
11) summoned minions run off going nowhere, or run off to attack enemies off screen - since i summoned them, they should be with me, or is this some sort of draw back to summoning?

There is a patch coming that directly addresses this. Please check the Beta Status board for the patch schedule.

"
Malurek wrote:
12) casting animations are a bit rigid - however the realistic movement is acceptable, dont want to spam like an idiot.

AGAIN, there are threads that address combat/animation fluidity. I realise your concerns are valid but do you really think you're the first person to notice these things?

"
Malurek wrote:
13) monsters will "warp" in front of me or away from me - turning shadows off fixes this, but not completely

Desyncing is another known issue...I hate to parrot Rabbit, but this is a beta. These are things being worked on. Please keep in mind that you are a beta tester and that while your feedback is valuable, it's always good to check first to see if what you've noticed is already known. We're all here to do the same thing, after all -- add to the pile of things GGG has to fix, but at least try to add things that aren't already on that pile. ;)

"
Malurek wrote:

I've had a bit more than usual this past patch. Their end, not yours.

"
Malurek wrote:
15) sometimes items that drop from looting can cause slight game freeze - not sure if my graphics, or its on their end

Never encountered this.

"
Malurek wrote:

Yet again, this has been discussed on here. One dev response was that they're trying to find a combination of keys/clicks to make this work. As you should know by now, right-clicking inventory-wise is reserved for socketing and unsocketing gems.

"
Malurek wrote:
17) very easy to out level content - i am still 4-5 levels above all content, because i had to level up to defeate marveil. becaue of that im even 4 levels above act 1's content on the second difficulty

That won't last. Besides, that you chose to overlevel yourself to beat Merveil is entirely your choice. There are other ways -- even I can beat her at roughly her level with cold resist rings and the right tactics. I agree that the current difficulty curve level-wise is a bit skewed, but I think with the introduction of act 3 and the removal of the 4th difficulty tier, this may become smoother. As it is, I tend to overlevel anyway: I'll stay in The Ledge from 8-12, and Fellshrine from 18-25, Dread Thicket from 26-31/32.

"
Malurek wrote:
18) certin suffixes or pieces of gear, and certain skill builds should make your character, and armor glow - creates a sense of power.

Anything visually enhanced like particle effects or better looking gear will likely be a cash shop option. You do realise that planned cosmetic upgrades like that are PoE's sole method of making money, right?

"
Malurek wrote:
more to come, but this is what i have now, what are some other things you all see that could be a fix? please no arbitrary nerfs, or auction houses, or auto pick ups.

Sorry, but this was far from the most attractive 'general feedback' threads. You've mostly covered well-trodden ground, and while I acknowledge this forum needs a good overhaul, there are stickied threads and threads with very recent posts that address most of your concerns.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
Malurek wrote:

I agree. Also, the game takes quite a while to load when starting as well. I'd like to see this streamlined in some way.

"
Malurek wrote:

I disagree. I enjoy playing inventory tetris. I also sometimes let the physics of our reality nag at me when playing games, like how in a certain other recent title you can carry around about 4 tons of eq with you at any given time. That irks me.

"
Malurek wrote:

No comment. I play in linux so I won't be offering much feedback re: graphics glitches/performance.

"
Malurek wrote:

Meh.

"
Malurek wrote:

I've noticed this too. I was wondering if it's a bug in the stun code. Sometimes I'll lose track of one and I'll be mousing over treasure before noticing they're still standing there waiting to be finished off.

"
Malurek wrote:

I agree. Keep voice acting to a minimum please. It disrupts my immersion.

"
Malurek wrote:

Mixed feelings. I have a 2.5 yr old and a 1 yr old, so this could definitely benefit me. I can understand why it isn't implemented and my feelings won't be hurt if it isn't.

"
Malurek wrote:

The map overlay shows quite a bit of real estate and you can usually find your way back to members in the same area. Using the social panel will show you what area they're in if not the same, so I don't see this as an issue.

"
Malurek wrote:

Meh.

"
Malurek wrote:

I haven't noticed this.

"
Malurek wrote:

They probably have the same aggro AI and range as normal mobs. I'm not sure a mindless zombie should be overly controllable.

"
Malurek wrote:

I remember reading somewhere that reworking some of the spell/skill animations and effects is way up on their TODO list. I'm happy as-is.

"
Malurek wrote:

I get the warpiness and rubberbanding fairly often even 1.5 states away from the servers with pings in the 30s. Last night I rubberbanded right through a wall. I hope the netcode gets some optimization before release.

"
Malurek wrote:

Have not noticed this.

"
Malurek wrote:

True for stash, shift+click for sell screen.

"
Malurek wrote:

This. Very much. I haven't had a very hard time with any of the content yet (just starting Merciless) but I'm staying 6-7 levels ahead of the content just by being a completest (killing every mob in every zone as I go). I realize not everyone is an anal retentive zone scourer like myself, but I hope this is made a little less noticeable when act III is release and the fourth difficulty is dropped. I feel like I'm getting crappier orb drops because of it (1 orb of alchemy throughout all of Cruel, killing absolutely everything as I went as noted).

"
Malurek wrote:

Or makes you easy targets in PvP, etc. Big meh on this one. I like the sleeper look.

"
Malurek wrote:

Out-leveling content was something I had planned on posting about on here, but you beat me to it. The netcode was the second, and voicing my opinions about voice acting was the third.

I guess one other suggestion would be to copy "that other games" absolute best feature -- an option to display a clock in-game. I found it handy when playing a game like this so as to not let time get completely away from you.
you see, one thing that has always bugged me about forums is trying to find exact threads. going through pages and pages and pages of threads to find something, i have always hated that. so ive always just wrote things down, and then posted a new thread.

also with this being beta, the game is in constant change, or is about to be in constant change so something that is in a thread already could become obsolete later.

but thank you for answering the post. any post that gets direct feed back from a moderator, is enough to show why people should be here.
"
It'd be nice but it's not going to happen, not unless you find a way to pause the internet.

The other game managed to do it, so don't act like it is impossible.

And honestly, it being a beta goes both ways. Yes, certain issues are going to be addressed, but the point is for players to give feedback.

Seeing a snippy attitude from a moderator of an indie game is fairly disturbing. This game doesn't have the luxury of driving people away if it wants to be successful.
Last edited by TheMediator on Jul 10, 2012, 7:13:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info