Put my money where my mouth is

So I've followed this game for a good while, and after D3 launched I decided to buy the "supporter" pack and give it a try.

Later that week I upgraded to silver, then gold, and now, finally... Diamond.

I feel like I have all but given up on huge companies and their games. I have some big life changes ahead of me this year and I think this game is going to be the only game I play during all of it.

I not only enjoy the game that much, but much more importantly, I value this kind of a development team enough to put up this kind of money to support your project.

I've always spent more on video games than I should... I've gone to Blizzcon a bunch of times... But this particular situation made me feel like I could REALLY make a difference, and be part of something unique. That's something I've never truly experienced.

So, thank you GGG. Thank you for your passion, your genius, and for allowing me (and all of those who contribute) to be part of this.
Last edited by DevilJade on Jul 6, 2012, 2:01:37 PM
Great post, would read again.

Thanks for your support, Exile! :)
Very nice post. Welcome to the community, and I feel your sentiment. =)

For me, the straw that broke the camel's back was Skyrim. I was a huge fan of morrowind. I enjoyed Daggerfall and Oblivion, but Skyrim just became too casual and cliche. Dragons and Vikings game #4734. Just like D3, no stat allocation. Way simplified enchanting, and no more spell making. That's a big yawn for me. At this point, I'm an ex-Bethesda fan.
IGN: Royal_Princess, Princess_of_Wraeclast, Vaal_Princess, Diamond_Princess
I'm sure GGG appreciates your support.

Now get to work on your unique item.

:P
"I would have listened... I would have understood!" - Scion

Have you removed Asus ROG/GameFirst yet?
Agreed with all of the above 100%. If I knew how the next few years might go (I'm 17 and fresh out of highschool, though I earned an A.A. while earning my diploma), I'd jump on the Diamond supporter pack. Since I'm still fairly young and entering the "real world," I figured I should probably play it safe and not go overboard - never know what might happen in the next few months/years. In any case, I love the game, I love the staff, and so far, the community; it's been a wonderful experience all around so far. :)
Former player moderator, valued poster, and early-adopter responsible for The Blood Dance.

GGG has forgotten where they came from. As a result, I no longer support the deceitful, corporate Tencent slave sellouts running this game.
Last edited by MonopolyLegend on Jul 6, 2012, 8:38:16 PM
"
DevilJade wrote:
But this particular situation made me feel like I could REALLY make a difference, and be part of something unique. That's something I've never truly experienced.

Congratulations!

And I do suppose you'll be a part of something unique. :)

IGN Astramor
Welcome to the Crazy Shiny Club. I believe you might be number 48. There's a thread in the General Discussion board about the Diamond Support count you might want to have a look at it, too.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
17 yo drops $250. That says alot.

Yeah, I'm sold on this. POE is the diablo killer.
Money -> mouth = Silver -> Gold.

POE is a constantly evolving game, so expect balance changes, buffs and nerfs STILL!
LOL @ Charan constantly changing his supporter label for the hell of it.
I popped today on the $15 Supporter package, Installing now.

I wanted to support what looks like a great game.

Wish I could justify the bigger supporter packages, I'll see once I get in if I want to up my support level (sure I will).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info