Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

What POE can take from D3

"
Covert wrote:

Mercenaries/followers

D3 has quite a good merc system. It is different from the D2 system better in some ways, worse in others. I like the fact that you can choose skills for your mercs and I like the interactions between them and your character.

To my knowledge there has not been any announcements regarding mercenaries for POE yet. I believe they would fit into the game (being exiled, surviving, wanting to earn currency, escaping to Oriath). They would of course have to cost, perhaps they could take every fourth currency item that drops for you or something. They should not be necessary but should provide a bonus sufficient to their cost.

Chris on Mercenaries (YouTube)

"
We have some very interesting plans that unfortunately we can't talk about yet. (...) Really cools plans.

Players. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Something else PoE can take from D2 or D3 ... /players 6. :D

My pc for some reason cannot handle playing with multiple players very well ... especially when there are a lot of animations from skills. It just bogs me down and paints me with a large red X saying ... KILL ME!

So, since I have heard others whine about playing with my 75 summoner, saying I lag them and such ... this obviously would be something that would help me and others. Imagine being able to SOLO mobs like you were playing with 6 other people.

The difference between playing with 5 others and playing solo is that you dont have the irritating hassle of other players and the lag that comes with them, but you get all the bonus's.

That doesn't sound right, but you know what im trying to say. :D
"
maximusel31 wrote:
Something else PoE can take from D2 or D3 ... /players 6. :D

My pc for some reason cannot handle playing with multiple players very well ... especially when there are a lot of animations from skills. It just bogs me down and paints me with a large red X saying ... KILL ME!

So, since I have heard others whine about playing with my 75 summoner, saying I lag them and such ... this obviously would be something that would help me and others. Imagine being able to SOLO mobs like you were playing with 6 other people.

The difference between playing with 5 others and playing solo is that you dont have the irritating hassle of other players and the lag that comes with them, but you get all the bonus's.

That doesn't sound right, but you know what im trying to say. :D

Wow! good necro! We have todays winner! You sir, have just won the internet ;)
"
Fluidity of combat

This has been mentioned many times and having played the game I have to agree. POE feels a little clunky in comparison.

Speed up the initial run speed by 10%. Change the casting animations to be able to be cancelled earlier. Remove/change the casting animation for auras so you can cast them on the run.

I belive this could make the game better yes, however I don't fully agree with you. To begin with, I feel 10% more initial movement speed would be a bit too much - perhaps 5% would do?

And about the removal of aura casting, it's a big NO from me on this since it makes, especially the hardcore leauge a bit more interesting knowing you must pre decide what auras to run with during the mapping, rather then having time to change all your offensive auras to defensive ones just because you get chased by a dangerous monster.

I totally agree with the person suggesting a "/players x" command being implemented.
Last edited by jeppesu on May 24, 2013, 1:08:28 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info