Hardcore Questions

"
RWTD_Burn wrote:
"
I am asking because I normally play hardcore in games that have the option to but lag is killing me. Barely get it maybe once a day bit it is enough to character. So I don't want to keep starting over. Especially since it is not related to my personal play style.

I have to log out and back on when the lag happens. I have a 60mb down and 12mb up connection. I get 198ms latency. So I dunno what is happening....maybe bad packets?

Here's a quick, free way to check if it's your ISP or an issue with your local modem, router, or NIC. Before you start playing, open up a command prompt and then type "ping www.yahoo.com /t" and leave this ping test running in the back ground. When you have a lot of lag in the game, hop out and check your ping times to see if they increased during that time and check for packet loss (you can hit ctrl + C to end the ping test and view the final results). If so then you may want to contact your ISP, especially if you're experiencing any packet loss.

As for HardCore mode, there is something about the finality of death that makes life so much more fun.

Will do. In this game seem not to lose everything. You die and rez and your now just in soft core mode. I am use to it in dungeon crawlers life stone soup and Diablo where you lose everything and start over.

I guess I won't start over. At the moment it seems pointless to go hard core.
I live in the +8 Standard Timezone
"
I am asking because I normally play hardcore in games that have the option to but lag is killing me. Barely get it maybe once a day bit it is enough to character. So I don't want to keep starting over. Especially since it is not related to my personal play style.

I have to log out and back on when the lag happens. I have a 60mb down and 12mb up connection. I get 198ms latency. So I dunno what is happening....maybe bad packets?

Funny...I have 200 to 250ping, and yet I don't lag at all...
Sweeping Maid
I am in Taiwan if that matters
I live in the +8 Standard Timezone

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info