Season Two, Event 92: 90 Min Fixed Seed Solo

died as first/second ranger 1h in in western, i was delusional that hittin /oos after every pack will help in staying alive : /
ign: Krowa_IX HC | RacingCow races
I've planted my seed now... but damn 3 pages of people ahead of me because they've seen the whole map once before, ehhhhhh.
Archives, https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2206812
Noticed my strand wasnt revealed at the start. Oh joy, bugs. Ended up way behind due to this, though either ranger was underrepresented or everyone ahead of me died or both, so i won anyway.

Got move boots in climb and strong dps gear throughout the race, so cant complain there. Also got a couple uniques:

The amulet dropped in crossings, and im pretty sure the gigantic advantage it grants is what enabled me to barely take 1st in class. The bow dropped with 5 mins left and obviously saw no use.

Feedback: This league went from being the most even race type to being the least even due to that rather colossal oversight/bug. Test these things before you impliment them!

GG all, cya next race.
IGN: KoTao
"
KoTao wrote:
Noticed my strand wasnt revealed at the start. Oh joy, bugs. Ended up way behind due to this, though either ranger was underrepresented or everyone ahead of me died or both, so i won anyway.

GG all, cya next race.

lost about 25k exp to you, but my rng was terrible, ended race with white Recurve Bow lol
anyway congrats
standard ign: V_E_R_G_I_L
rampage ign: GEMSRIPPER
"
H4WKEYES wrote:
"
Khy wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:
This is a Fixed Seed event. [...] Also, the minimap will automatically be fully revealed.

Since there were three Fixed Seed races today and all of them didn't work as intended, all new racers should know:

The map isn't "automatically fully revealed". You have to manually reveal it first. Then, when you reset the instance or play with another character in another race, you see the map uncovered. But even then you don't see it fully uncovered, you just see the areas you have explored before.

So if you didn't participate in a Fixed Seed race yet, you have to play like in a normal race. In the race after that, you will see your explored areas from the beginning.

you should really stop with this. You're not a Dev, you don't know which way they wanted the race to be.

In the description it says "Also, the minimap will automatically be fully revealed."

It says automatically, which implies you shouldn't have to manually reveal it.

Also, when in game, if you hit tab and look at top right, it says "Minimap Revealed." Obviously if it were your first race, that statement would simply be false.
Last edited by Bairemuth on May 9, 2013, 7:49:58 PM
"
Bairemuth wrote:
"
H4WKEYES wrote:
"
Khy wrote:

you should really stop with this. You're not a Dev, you don't know which way they wanted the race to be.

In the description it says "Also, the minimap will automatically be fully revealed."

It says automatically, which implies you shouldn't have to manually reveal it.

Also, when in game, if you hit tab and look at top right, it says "Minimap Revealed." Obviously if it were your first race, that statement would simply be false.

yes, what i'm saying is that there description of the event could be incorrect. not how the race is set up.
IGN: HChawk
*This was my first fixed seed so none of the maps were revealed*

I started off a bit slow in this race. Last I checked around 40min I was Rank 17 duelist and didn't check my overall rank.. I had very good gloves drop in Wrath ->> but other than potions I had some mediocre gear. Anyways, I prefer 35min Mervails, and more often than not, I get 40-42 Mervails max. I ended up getting a 45-46min Mervail @ 12.5 and still had a Longsword up until 16.5. I chanced a Jade Chopper and got one INCREDIBLE roll. By far the best roll I've ever seen after nearly 100 practice races and a lot of other races... Transmuted my corals and got +phys rolls as well.

All in all, I just kept chugging along and got Rank 17 Overall and Rank 4 Duelist @ a few bubbles shy of 23. I've been 15-35 ranking lately and my goal is to be #1 -> I stream my practices on my twitch channel (twitch.tv/calipark). In any case, I was pretty surprised to see the result... Cheers!

Note: I understand some of you may be disappointed and I see why - the map rolls are some of the hardest out there and they're *newer* so it makes them a bit more difficult. I practiced these and I recommend you do the same because there are more than a handful of brand new harder-to-predict maps in Act 1 now. This is necessary and I'm sure you could understand that it levels the playing field and gives everybody a better shot, especially with fixed seed in mind (the premise of which is absolutely beautiful). I hope that fixed seed becomes the new standard and I'm very excited about the ideas GGG continues to create and the ones that GGG sticks with.
Twitch.TV/Calipark (CaliTV)
The Racing Channel!
Last edited by calipark on May 9, 2013, 8:38:12 PM
"
H4WKEYES wrote:
"
Khy wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:
This is a Fixed Seed event. [...] Also, the minimap will automatically be fully revealed.

Since there were three Fixed Seed races today and all of them didn't work as intended, all new racers should know:

The map isn't "automatically fully revealed". You have to manually reveal it first. Then, when you reset the instance or play with another character in another race, you see the map uncovered. But even then you don't see it fully uncovered, you just see the areas you have explored before.

So if you didn't participate in a Fixed Seed race yet, you have to play like in a normal race. In the race after that, you will see your explored areas from the beginning.

I'm not a dev, but I can READ what the devs write and describe. Servers are restarting in some minutes. So we will see if they just change the description of these races or fix the mod itself. ;p

Edit: The restart fixed it. In event 94 everything on the map is uncovered. It's working as intended (and described) now.
Last edited by Khy on May 9, 2013, 11:09:26 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info