Private Servers?

I've been trying to think of ways to use multistrike with cyclone, it makes me sad to think if they did allow this I could use it without any desync at all....and it would be great...
"
"
zheavy wrote:
Asking for a private server is like asking for a cracked game <.<

Good business model?

Nope,Imagine half of the popularity of the game disappearing into their own leagues and the other half slowly quitting due to low popularity,because they can't pay for a league or something like that.
"
,,,whould love to have a 9999 skillpoint league just to dick around with my charakter lol,,,

I believe they have also stated that they would never produce a league of that particular type (heavily twinked or what not). I believe that they are independently against offering people the ability to so easily try alternative builds, also. Their reasoning is that they want the process of build discovery to be a progressive community maturation thing. That's what I have inferred from various discussions, anyway.

I actually do think they should create a permanent league with a bit more casual appeal (this would mean a modest difficulty decrease, and perhaps a non-modest reduction of the XP death penalty, and other such alterations). No doubt some casual hater is going to poop on me for saying that, but ultimately I don't see virtue in GGG turning customers away, insofar as such work doesn't distract them from their core.

"
"
zheavy wrote:
Asking for a private server is like asking for a cracked game <.<

I don't think the poster was asking about people who have ripped off the server code, but about GGG's possible willingness to sell the service.

It's cost prohibitive, for one they will not give you the code they have to run the game on your own (offline or private server)

Even if they were willing to they would not give you it in it's current form and would basically require a total recoding to be sure that cheats that would inevitably be made for the OP's version could not in anyway work with the online version, and given that they would charge you anything from $25 to $50 for it not many people would be willing to fork out for it, then you would also have to deal with the lass in revenue due to piracy.

So, NO, it's not going to happen
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info