Trick to finding Uniques?

Is there some sort of trick to finding uniques?

I have been playing since April at least 6 times a week for an average of 4 hours a day.

I have not found 1 single unique. I am pulling my hair out, I was talking on mumble to a new player last week and he was level 6 or something like that, He asks me if an orange item is good and what it was... AAARRGGGHH, this guy plays for 2 hours and finds a unique, I play for 3 months and zippo, nadda, nothing.

I have had a few people offering to give me one but I don't want one that way, I want to find my own in the game. Ever since I hit lvl 30 my drops have been crap, maybe 1 or 2 yellows an instance.

I burned through every orb of chance and orb of scouring I had from 3 months collecting and nothing

Getting frustrated but never enough to quit.

I shall endeavor to persevere!
.....And that's all I have to say about that.
Last edited by TheBigMick on Jun 22, 2012, 7:38:36 PM
"
TheBigMick wrote:
Is there some sort of trick to finding uniques?

I have been playing since April at least 6 times a week for an average of 4 hours a day.

I have not found 1 single unique. I am pulling my hair out, I was talking on mumble to a new player last week and he was level 6 or something like that, He asks me if an orange item is good and what it was... AAARRGGGHH, this guy plays for 2 hours and finds a unique, I play for 3 months and zippo, nadda, nothing.

I have had a few people offering to give me one but I don't want one that way, I want to find my own in the game. Ever since I hit lvl 30 my drops have been crap, maybe 1 or 2 yellows an instance.

I burned through every orb of chance and orb of scouring I had from 3 months collecting and nothing

Getting frustrated but never enough to quit.

I shall endeavor to persevere!

OK, do you have good quality/rarity mods on your armor and gear? If not, then that's probably one factor.

Are you way above or below the level of the area you're fighting in? If so, then that could be a factor.

I've played a month and I've gotten 3. Granted, that's not a lot, but better than 0.
Why in god's name do you care if you find a unique or not? With a few exceptions they are almost all crap items only useful for low to mid levels and gimmicky builds. Most don't sell for much either, except to new players who, like you, have some weird fascination with that color.

That said, if you are only finding 1-2 yellows per instance you obviously don't have any rarity gear on, so your chances of finding a unique are slim to none. I only have about 120% rarity gear on and i can easily find 10+ yellows per instance and have found 4 uniques total across all characters.
I played since November last year and I found my first unique couple of weeks ago. So, yeah...

Most of them are useful for a small level range anyway
Last edited by Letamol on Jun 22, 2012, 8:35:08 PM
"
jackals1234 wrote:
Why in god's name do you care if you find a unique or not? With a few exceptions they are almost all crap items only useful for low to mid levels and gimmicky builds. Most don't sell for much either, except to new players who, like you, have some weird fascination with that color.

Some people, like me, just like finding things. Regardless of their in game value.

Some people, also like me, are very confused when people seem to care what other people enjoy and get all in a twist about it for no real reason.
"the premier Action RPG for hardcore gamers."
-GGG

Happy hunting/fishing
the best trick to finding uniques is to run 6 accounts at once. form your own 6 man group.run merc fellshrine with your main account running +%250 IIR and you should average 1 to 2 uniques a week.
Luke: Sorry we have to leave you here, but it just ain't right to eat your wife's and daughter's brains. Plus you're really disgusting and I don't want to spend anymore time with you.
"
Wittgenstein wrote:
"
jackals1234 wrote:

Some people, like me, just like finding things. Regardless of their in game value.

Some people, also like me, are very confused when people seem to care what other people enjoy and get all in a twist about it for no real reason.

All in a twist? Wow, i hope you're joking or is this your first time on an internet forum? If you like finding things for the sake of finding things, more power to you. However, read the OP again and THEN tell me he's enjoying it. And i don't see you coming to the forums to whine about it either.

Last edited by jackals1234 on Jun 22, 2012, 9:08:33 PM
If he is playing the game I assume he is enjoying it, or he is a masochist, in which case he is enjoying it.

"the premier Action RPG for hardcore gamers."
-GGG

Happy hunting/fishing
"
velrac wrote:
the best trick to finding uniques is to run 6 accounts at once. form your own 6 man group.run merc fellshrine with your main account running +%250 IIR and you should average 1 to 2 uniques a week.

I found a unique within the first 10 hours of playing and haven't found another since (easily 150+ hours later), only been playing since 0.9.8. I agree that yellows or properly socketed whites that you make yellow are much better for building your character. While I don't have 6 accounts I often login with a second account and portal to my level just so it's more of a challenge (1 player against 2 player mobs) and I do seem to get more (crap) yellow drops and I do increase the quality but I've never looked at the amount. I'll check it next week, try and really up the quality of drops and see if that helps.
Signed: Geldric, scribe of Oriath
"
Letamol wrote:
Most of them are useful for a small level range anyway

Not true.
With the right class and passives skills, you can keep using the low level unique for a long time...even better if you have good skill gems with quality and other good gear to back you up too!
Sweeping Maid

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info