Trick to finding Uniques?

Ya I know most uniques are not worth the effort, but it's the point ya know.

I am something like 30% quantity and 47% rarity on armor and items on my lvl 30 ranger.

Love the game but i just want to find 1, just 1 even a crappy little one. It`s just that guy who found one right away and I am a die-hard player and can`t get one.

As for finding yellows I just think I am on a bad luck streak, a few days ago, I had orbs coming out of my ass, every drop almost had something useful.

Won't quit, this has been the best game I have played in years. Just making comments and yes I am a collector and a finisher, I finish each level completely, every monster dead, every chest, pot, cairn, etc opened
.....And that's all I have to say about that.
Last edited by TheBigMick on Jun 23, 2012, 1:32:54 AM
I was level 28 when I found a unique item for level 14 characters
"
Slideshow wrote:
I was level 28 when I found a unique item for level 14 characters

Useful if you twink!
"
TheBigMick wrote:

I am something like 30% quantity and 47% rarity on armor and items on my lvl 30 ranger.

Love the game but i just want to find 1, just 1 even a crappy little one. It`s just that guy who found one right away and I am a die-hard player and can`t get one.

As for finding yellows I just think I am on a bad luck streak, a few days ago, I had orbs coming out of my ass, every drop almost had something useful.

Won't quit, this has been the best game I have played in years. Just making comments and yes I am a collector and a finisher, I finish each level completely, every monster dead, every chest, pot, cairn, etc opened

I'm running my little witch on 91% increased rarity atm it nets me on average 3 yellow items per area. However I also have only ever found 1 unique and it was a quiver. *shrugs* that would be for roughly 150 levels with my wipe/re-rolls.

Just the luck of the draw, but I know what you mean.
Those who beat their swords into ploughshares, will plough for those who have not.
It took me about six months to find my first unique. But recently, I found three of them in a few days. It's only luck.
Build of the week #2 : http://tinyurl.com/ce75gf4
"
TheBigMick wrote:

One of my tricks was to hunt an area where I knew plenty of the base items would drop. I wanted the unique Whalebone Rapier, so I hunted The Ledge. Repeatedly. I didn't care about magic find or level disparity -- just lots of the base item and a bunch of chance orbs.

Unfortunately this was before they fixed it, so I burned a good 50 Chance orbs on the process. But if indeed there is around 40x more likelihood to get a rare or unique from the Orbs of Chance now (as Chris stated), then I think this is certainly an option.

That said, I have -5% to magic find and dropped 2 of the unique Crude Bow (Silverbranch) and far, far too many rares in the course of the hunt. I don't put that much credence in PoE's rarity find system at the moment. Which is good, I think it's a ridiculous mechanic to begin with -- but there are other threads that address that concern too.

The rarity of uniques will obviously also drop as more and more are put into the game. :)
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
I got the unique whalebone rapier with the -20% rare item mod off that green skeleton who shoots the swarm of green arrows early game. I'm sorry the details are completely escaping me.

The point I wanted to get at was 20 minutes later I broke open a pot and got the same item (with slightly different stats) again. At this point my rare item find was actually -9%. Those are the only two unique items I've seen drop in the month or so I've been playing and they happened in the same short session.

You can be damn sure I don't skip breaking open pots and chests any more though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info