Question about possible lower graphics options

"
Guadagno wrote:
Also, devs can not respond to every thread. They will not always respond if somebody has already given the correct information.

Well how can somebody give the correct info if the devs havent ever said anything on the topic? I would just like some sort of legitimate confirmation, one way or another, not just some offhand info from random people who aren't devs.
"
FaceLicker wrote:
"
hacintosh wrote:
I directly asked chris the same question twice in a single thread and was ignored both times. If they intend to do it they certainly are not telling anyone about.
Actually, they have said that they plan to optimize at some point. Just because the devs don't reply to every single question doesnt mean that it hasnt been discussed or that you are being ignored.

A) Optimization and having the ability to turn graphic details down are not the same thing.

B) Both times i asked the question my post was directly beside a post that chris responded to. There is no possible way he did not see my question atleast one of the two times. My question only required a yes or a no. I find it hard to believe he saw my question and thought he just simply did not have the time to respond.
"
Asphilenos wrote:
I run a 570. When I'm in Maelstrom with electricity spammers, it stutters a lot and I can't keep track of the mouse pointer. It doesn't seem to matter how much I turn down the graphics.

The graphics engine needs to be more efficient or we need to be able to turn down graphics significantly. If a card that cost $250 last year can't play a D2 style game smoothly, there's something wrong with the game, not the card.

Ya, if you encounter any situation in a game such as this, on a gtx 570 that causes low fps /stuttering...you can chock it up to inefficient/bad coding. ( assuming of course your hardware is operating as it should, Clean and stable driver install etc)

As for the OP's question...
Really? You can get a 550ti/6850 for $100. And a 6950/560 ti from last gen are only $250 and will make you a very happy gamer. These price brackets are very reasonable for the performance you get. if you want to play modern games, why not build a PC suited to do so?
With all due respect, it is players with these requests that are responsible for the low base line of pc game graphics.
If you can't play a game,or experience low fps and wish you could lower settings further.... you need to upgrade. Asking the industry to conform to your pocket calculator antique isn't fair.

Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Jun 20, 2012, 6:51:59 AM
To be honest I wouldn't even touch these things right now, there are more important ones to be done first, and after all, I was playing the game even with an old Core 2 Duo E6400 @ 2.1, 2GB DRR2, 9600GT OC on high settings at 1680&1050 without too much problems, on a Q6600 / 3GB / HD5750 OC the game runs amazing (apart from a few cases in Act II where it stutters) on maximum settings at 1080p, and I believe that any gamer must have at least this configuration. You cannot expect to get amazing performance from a Beta, that's why it's a BETA.
How about DotA 2 then, which is made by Valve and you can't even play it at all if you don't have a powerful dualcore/older quad core ?
That game was unplayable on my E6400 even at lowest settings and on 640&480 resolution, while LOL/HON were running decently even when maxed out, plus DotA 2 is using an 8 years old engine + some upgrades ....
Last edited by CrossFadeRo on Jun 20, 2012, 11:22:40 AM
"
CrossFadeRo wrote:
Core 2 Duo E6400 @ 2.1, 2GB DRR2, 9600GT OC

Isn't good enough for most if not all modern games.
( unless you mean Minecraft). I wouldn't be able to stand it. The large majority of games today would be unplayable, or you'd have to go in to settings and drag every slider to the left.

But seriously. I think it's a mistake to baseline modern games around low end, out of date hardware, and unfair to expect developers to do it.
"
IlfirinVelca wrote:
"
Guadagno wrote:
Also, devs can not respond to every thread. They will not always respond if somebody has already given the correct information.

Well how can somebody give the correct info if the devs havent ever said anything on the topic? I would just like some sort of legitimate confirmation, one way or another, not just some offhand info from random people who aren't devs.

I did not mean that they did not respond to any threads. But if the information has been given before and someone makes a post that has the correct information in it they will sometimes not reply due to their busy schedules. On the other hand, this is the best I could find to resolve your problem:

"
Joel_GGG wrote:
Well all I mean is that there is no option to reduce the 'graphic details' if that means lowering polygon counts on models/ level of detail stuff.

There other changes that can be made to the game that would likely increase performance before resorting to these kinds of things.
They said I was mad! They said it couldn't be done! But now who's mad?!?!
Just turn off shadows, fixed my problems I had in dark forest and with my primary ability.
"
CrossFadeRo wrote:

How about DotA 2 then, which is made by Valve and you can't even play it at all if you don't have a powerful dualcore/older quad core ?
That game was unplayable on my E6400 even at lowest settings and on 640&480 resolution, while LOL/HON were running decently even when maxed out, plus DotA 2 is using an 8 years old engine + some upgrades ....

?????????

ok besides the nonsense about an 8 yo engine "+ some upgrades", I think there might be something wrong with your system since my 7 yo single core system plays dota2 (on all minimum settings) better than poe (where there are performance issues serious enough to make it unplayable)
I have a laptop with an Intel integrated card.
I've grown so accustomed to playing with a low frame rate,
it would feel otherworldly to play the game at anything above 15fps.

... It would still be nice to have some options though.
My name is Kro and I'm an eternal casual.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info