Exiled D3 Player (thoughts)

Like many of you, I have ditched D3 for PoE due to D3 being a huge disappointment. Many of us here are former D1/D2 players who had high expectations for D3, and yet, Blizzard has failed us.

However, this had led me to the best game I've played in years: Path of Exile. I am very impressed with everything: the gameplay, game/character/level design, and the community. This community (from what I've seen so far) is very helpful and mature: a delight not enjoyed on other game forums.

PoE is worth every dollar I've spent/donated, even in its current beta stage. This game could easily sell for $60 and is attested by the amount of donors/supporters on this forum, including myself.

GGG has created something unique and should work to hold onto those values that inspired such creativity. GGG has taken a admirable stance against "pay2win" and I think the gaming community respects that very much. It's amazing how well a small game developer is able to create such a great game with a tiny fraction of Blizzard's assets.

I'm excited for open beta and eventually the official launch of Path of Exile. See you all there :)
"A communion...but with what? By all accounts, it wasn't God that the Vaal were trying to reach." -Icius Perandus
well said! I fell in love with PoE too when i first played it for the first time (free weekend beta) but that ended when i meet Age of empire online :p

I'm here because aoe online is having a huge update.

What this game lack is the active trading, crafting and coop play.

This is why i have zero interest in D3, even if its f2p i won't even wanna touch it because PoE got everything for me when it come to killing things none stop... :P
A big thank you to Gari11 for the beta key! <3 on 4/13/2012

My video review and build if anyone interestd
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbgrcYkpPdw

Last edited by jsnazz on Jun 14, 2012, 10:09:54 PM
I fully agree with the kudos given, and it is one of the main reason to contribute with some cash.

It seems the main stream of developer/Publisher is more occupied to develop """stripped games"" and then sell DLC content that bring it up to what was normal before.

I hate to contribute to such development...and that is why I contribute to this way of doing it, in hope that other developer dare to do the same as GGG :)
"
jsnazz wrote:
buh uh Age of empire online :p

njuh bjuh

Now devs need to take another shot.

"
Rhutobello wrote:
I fully agree with the kudos given, and it is one of the main reason to contribute with some cash.

It seems the main stream of developer/Publisher is more occupied to develop """stripped games"" and then sell DLC content that bring it up to what was normal before.

I hate to contribute to such development...and that is why I contribute to this way of doing it, in hope that other developer dare to do the same as GGG :)

It's nice to see an indie developer create a game that easily competes with the well-established game companies. The only trouble is getting the message out about PoE and how great it is.
"A communion...but with what? By all accounts, it wasn't God that the Vaal were trying to reach." -Icius Perandus
Yeah, I just bought D3 a few days ago and I am having a hard time playing through the story just once. I really thought I would have fun at least the first time through.

I was a huge fan of Star Craft/BW and Diablo 1&2. Star Craft 2 was ok but I didn't like it as much as the first one and D3 is a joke. Blizzard has went down hill big time since the late 90's.
Hey all!

Another D3 gamer who is thinking about jumping ship.

I am currently downloading the client for PoE. I hope that PoE is what I have been looking for.

I like to play HC after an initial run to max in softcore. D3 has pretty much prevented that, and lately, pretty much prevented trying to play with the online only BS. Massive lag spikes, and tbh, a development that seems to be severely lacking in what made the once great franchise, so great in the first place.

After reading the OP's post, I am more excited to play PoE than ever. Cheer's to everyone, happy father day weekend and I hope to see you on launch.

The self imposed exile of former Diablo3ers is becoming an exodus! Welcome overboard all. Take a look around.
POE is a constantly evolving game, so expect balance changes, buffs and nerfs STILL!
"
THEHORNEDRAT wrote:
The self imposed exile of former Diablo3ers is becoming an exodus! Welcome overboard all. Take a look around.

i lol'ed
ZOMG ITS BETA TIME!

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/23123 This is why.
I got to 60 in D3 on a wizard and then never played the game again. It was ruined by the publishers.
Dynamic Environment - Day/Night, Rain/Lightning - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/110100

GGG's design philosophy in three words:
Quantity over Quality.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info