Show us your interesting characters and be featured on our YouTube channel!

"
pneuma wrote:
A trio. One person has Voll's + Conduit + very high crits (daggers?), one person has an aspd bow with the Frenzy skill + Conduit, and the discharger uses Enduring cry with 2x kaoms rings and typical diamond flask shenanigans.

If power charges were to hypothetically be involved at all, I'd use Voll's + Ice Spear for locking down rares on all the build(s) that would normally be spamming discharge on packs. Otherwise, it would probably be more efficient to focus on the other two types of charges since the overall goal, IMO, should be generating charges quickly for more discharge spamming. Neither Voll's + crit nor Power Siphon is as quick as the other methods, I would bet.

But you could have a tank-flavored conduit or two, a frenzy/CI blood rage type just to generate charges slightly faster for all the rest, which could be discharge spammers with spell damage and as high of max charges as could be obtained, just so they don't potentially max them out while positioning for discharge.

This might not be the best thread for theorycrafting though...
Urist McDwarfy has been happy lately. He admired an exceptional ARPG recently. He took joy in slaughter lately. He has been attacked by the dead recently.
Check out the Path of Exile wiki: http://en.pathofexilewiki.com
"
"
indczn wrote:
Painting_Fire: Level 48 Hardcore righteous fire marauder.

Current build:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAQEAzbEgVxIhjyPRND3Xy9UXz7uKQBkEjqec0z_wezGTSfeiN6h2NKgBeXWdGsR4TQG6-1rtDqprrnbA5lhvm29CSiU7Bn8q6vOPpBGAxfTSnUlxt7nffCUtDUyun4hIzhPc_155vz8HniHdtH8RjqcuojvFZShb2TY4voN84TeXCES0KCn6d_K8rdbGj5zJeg_6W3nBl1NPbMKSPryz2N1FzekbNkbCQPWiM4FEthRS-QjVwzd7tTlh8KSYTeLvHhJf402lRFmK8da2fNx4IPW7B0TGMulxhCkc

:)

Love to get my hands on a few things to help though.

Just curious, how are you actually using Righteous Fire? The build doesn't incorporate any INT nodes; are you relying purely on gear for INT?

It only requires 56 int at level 10. An +AA ammy and +int helm are sufficient so far.
Targuil: 63 level pyromancer at it's finest. Using almost all possible fire spells (not righteous fire) to wreck havoc on foes. Abuses CI, clarity and discipline heavily.

Fireball: Greater Multiple Projectiles+Concentrated Aoe+Pierce+Fireball=bread and butter

Fire Trap: Faster Cast+Ignite+Fire Trap=BURNNNNNNNNN

Firestorm: Remote mine+Concentrated Aoe+Increased duration+Firestorm=prepared super DPS (90 meteors falling over 2,2 sec with huge damage boosts)

Molten Shell: Faster Cast+Molten shell=Secondary melee defense. Mainly used to repel hordes of small creatures or flicker mobs

Detonate Dead: Detonate Dead=almost surpasses D2's corpse explosion

Summon Skeletons: Totem+Summon Life+Summon Skeletons=Endless horde of distraction

Elemental Weakness: Faster Cast+Elemental Weakness=for toughies

All these can be spammed as much as you want. Clarity combined with mana regen eq+passives totals to over 100mana/second, enabling huge spamming even though over 70% of my total mana is reserved.
I confirmed that I am still in HC league. Then I died.
The builds here are on a legacy character used in .98, but both builds still work in .99+

Ice Nova Witch (Cold to Fire)
http://youtu.be/ZEwBRRlf9q0

Linked supports on Ice Nova:
Cold to Fire + Concentrated Effect + Increased Critical Damage + Mana Leech

Linked supports on Lightning Warp:
Elemental Proliferation + Added Cold Damage

Why It's Unique: Using Lightning warp + Elemental proliferation + Added cold damage with a well timed diamond flask to stun large groups of enemies upon landing. Then continuing to lock them in place with crit Ice Nova and watching them burned/shocked/frozen simultaneously.

Build details:
http://www.pathofexile.com/classes/witch/view-thread/28226

Eldrich Battery Ice Spear w/Volls and Dream Fragments Rings (Cold to Fire)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6fGOKsz3nE

Linked supports to Ice Spear:
Cold to Fire + Increased Cast Speed + Increased Critical Damage + Greater Multiple Projectiles

Why It's Unique: No mana leech or mana refund talents used at all, the ultimate glass-cannon build.
IGN: Guillotine - Shadow - Open Beta
Bawss - 73 Witch - Closed Beta

Last edited by tzaro on Jun 24, 2012, 3:15:44 AM
I'm almost ready to unveil my most recent masterpiece. I'll give you a hint, the character name is LaserBeamsPewPew....
TehHammer is not a crime!
I have made a dual claw marauder. His gems are not that good: Dual strike for single target dps, molten shell for aoe!, defensive corpse explosion against the necromancers and vitality aura if I need to hit and run.

The gear is decent:
He is mostly based on the cheesy elemental damage we see roaming the world of Wraeclast, but not completely depending on it.
He is very beefy with 936 hp at level 33 and with a good deal of regeneration he can take on a lot of trouble without crying:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAQEAC0-8RxIhjyMUFSRXFxUX1iaTIz8qQ7nXL0-dhjAIfUAxk0n3OygtVTxIYktVHH1GcrKlbnhNAbp9C94zgjy-rITXHBKGfSmyjQ8pV6I3qHaqDgowqkgB863D2jG55T-9vc9tAMdBqpbL1RfPzbEgV9E0PdfTP_B74ytoReOGwCf2mE6z95J9zff0myg=

I do not think he is bad at all and dual claw is very viable in this case. He lacks more lifeleech to really be thematically correct, but since he almost one-shots monsters with dual strike it is not as necessary! :)
I appear to be living in "Romance Standard Time". That has to be good! :)
BloodRaider- Blood Mage specializing in fire. HP nodes, HP regen Nodes, Armor nodes for defense and mana. Rejuvenation Totem for more hp/sec. Don't have anywhere near the gear I really want atm on him but what he has suffices so far although I am only in Ruthless with this character (stopped playing him for a while).

Fireball- For now just supported by: Faster Casts, Iron Will, Life Leech. (Need to put lesser multiple projectiles back on it and probably concentrated effects when I get a 6l armor)

Firestorm- Unsupported atm. Just there for spamming edge of the screen or for mass AoE'ing with other abilities.

Fire Trap- recent addition I kept meaning to add and finally have.

Elemental Weakness- Resist Fire mobs don't stand a chance.

Molten Shell- The tip on the loading screen says "Don't let monsters surround you" but then there is Molten Shell.

Rejuvenation Totem- More health regen on a blood magic build....need I say more.

Decoy Totem- Sometimes you just need to breathe or put a little distance between you and that mass of monsters.

Gameplay: Just run around spamming fireball. Use elemental weakness on everything especially fire resistant and high hp and hp regen mobs. Pretty much just tank melee/ranged and use Molten Shell for both the defense it provides and the AoE damage. Keep Rejuvenation Totem down and typically keep it near me so I can cover it easier with traps, molten shell, fireball AoE, and Firestorm. Use Decoy when things get a bit hairy or there is that big bad mob that hurts. I have Diamond and Granite Flasks as well as 2 HP flasks that I use.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/36608
FAQ made through many hours of enduring global chat in Normal

Bowstave- Elemental Templar Ranger
Again another character who's gear could use work but he can clear MoC so I haven't really messed with his gear much. MoC is a bit tricky though with his current gear. Lots of kiting.

Burning Arrow- Elemental Weapon Damage, Faster Projectiles

Lightning Arrow- Elemental Weapon Damage, Greater Multiple Projectiles, Reduced Mana Cost

Decoy Totem

Wrath

Anger

Phase Run

Frenzy

Elemental Weakness

Gameplay: Decoy is used for grouping mobs, moving mobs off to the side so you can deal with those pesky necros, and advance scouting of stuff offscreen since Decoy will go off if mobs are near that you can see. Burning Arrow is used most of the time unless in MoC when I pretty much spam Lightning Arrow and chain mana pots. Use elemental weakness since this build is focused on elemental damage.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/36608
FAQ made through many hours of enduring global chat in Normal

Kiia - Support Build

my current Passives

this character focuses mostly on increasing party damage and keeping them alive with auras, charges and totems.

i keep all my auras on "5"/"T" and pic them based on the needs of my party while trying to keep healing totems up and charges full.

im not sure if it is just my gear or if this build just cant solo very well do to passives... but seems to be a great boost to parties. :)

the passives for this build are a bit of a pain since i really need more max mana but have to have the increased aura range passives to make the aureas any where near useful in a party since the gem range is crap.
We can't solve problems we can't talk about...
Last edited by KiaKun on Jun 26, 2012, 11:12:02 PM
I wish this would have started up before the wipe. I had a Spark witch based on critical strikes working in synergy with Voll's.

Guess I'll just have to re-roll it in 0.9.11
Last edited by Pastromy on Jun 27, 2012, 2:41:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info