Ranger with phisical dmg.

well my question here is, im seeing lots of marauders/templars/shadows/rangers with bows focusing elemental dmg instead of phisical, i know that u can get more dmg with ele than with phisical, im a full phisical glasscannon ranger with bloodmagic at ruthless and im getting hp right now cuz the mobs one-shot me ¬¬ but going back to the point, why so much build with elemental dmg when with phisical dmg u got crits and atack speed(i know atack speed also stacks at elemental dmg). is it so underpowered? is it balanced? opinion pls :)
It is easier to get a lot of different high elemental damage mods on items. Then you can get the elemental damage with weapons passives (which are huge) and also get the increased elemental damage with weapons mods on items. This increases your damage a lot with much fewer passive points invested. Also, you can crit with elemental damage. That is how status effects are activated (unless you have something that gives you chance on hit like the chance to ignite support gem).
They said I was mad! They said it couldn't be done! But now who's mad?!?!
But... but... to ignite or freeze or shock u only need lage amount of dmg, crit is one way but if u dont crit and still do large amount of dmg to a low hp target but u dont kill him u triger the status ailment on him, correct me if im wrong. also i didnt meant that elem dmg couldnt crit i meant that the crit nodes are quite far arent they? i dont know i just move around archer nodes and blood magic, again correct me if im wrong and post some pasive skill tree of phisical dmg at chaos to see if im doing it right :D
"
GinsooPanda wrote:
well my question here is, im seeing lots of marauders/templars/shadows/rangers with bows focusing elemental dmg instead of phisical, i know that u can get more dmg with ele than with phisical, im a full phisical glasscannon ranger with bloodmagic at ruthless and im getting hp right now cuz the mobs one-shot me ¬¬ but going back to the point, why so much build with elemental dmg when with phisical dmg u got crits and atack speed(i know atack speed also stacks at elemental dmg). is it so underpowered? is it balanced? opinion pls :)

elemental damage scales better, it is easier to get 2-3 high ele damage mods on any fast weapon then a 200%ipd high lvl bow. Nearly every armor piece can get ele damage mods (pure damage or up to 30% increase).
The elemental damage % passives pushes your damage over the top (20%-45% easy to reach).
I dont get your last point, with ele damage you have crits and attack speed too and it scales much better.
well now i understand it all :) im going to respec my archer :( so much respec orbs :D
"
GinsooPanda wrote:
well now i understand it all :) im going to respec my archer :( so much respec orbs :D

Yep until they decide to make changes to the mechanics, but right now, physical damage is pathetic.
Combined phys damage+ele damage build with high ipd weapons for ranger much better then pure phys or ele build. Cause u not waste lots of skillpoints for long way to catalise and have good dps with ability to life and manaleech from item mods instead support gems and can spend points for survive passives.
Here is 2 daggers with top ele damage and ipd mods.
Unavailable

Unavailable

And here is screen with damage of lightning strike with buffed hatred aura and 4 support gems, weap ele damage+lesser multi+crit chance+crit damage. Mainhand is ele dagger off hand is phys dagger. Wont share build can say only it have 60% ele damage from dex area and 45% cold damage ice bite keystone also it have 106% phys damage.
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Yeah, elemental archers are default material, really.

You will have much better survivability, and okay damage with projectile nodes only.

You sacrifice a lot to go across the tree to pick up the elemental damage from the templar side. All it gets you are overkill on your damage. Once you one shot things, you don't need more damage.

Of course the elemental route is more forgiving gear wise. But it's not hard to keep your bow up to date with physical damage either.

This elemental damage business REALLY needs to be rebalanced. I think it's sad if a PS tree that's designed for said class ends up being discarded and near useless if the majority of people in that class goes for another class's PS tree.
For Ranger build tips, tactics, and critiques, visit this thread:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/69224
Last edited by Islidox on Jun 14, 2012, 4:09:40 PM
"
Islidox wrote:
This elemental damage business REALLY needs to be rebalanced. I think it's sad if a PS tree that's designed for said class ends up being discarded and near useless if the majority of people in that class goes for another class's PS tree.

But that's the fun part, there is no set tree for any class. They all share the same tree, the only difference is where they appear in the tree.
A good game isn't about the graphics or how big it is. A good game is one that you play for hours yet seems like minutes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info