T17 maps

"
Coconutdoggy wrote:
Sure he has.

It's right there on Overview, as real as your 40/40s.
T17 boses are super easy and actually spectacular some of them. I am loving the expedition boss map. Sexy as hell.

Maps itself? Dogshit. All I can think doing T17 "it is a mess". Jsut like this entire league. So much broken stuff and hotfixes it blows my tiny brain.

Spoiler
D4 bad.
• I eat cats for breakfast. I will eat you too.
• GGG has 0 play testers it seems. 3.24 shows it clearly.
• Screw 6-link one hand item exploiters and their deleted items. Your tears are as delicious as Pepsi Max Raspberry sizzling sip.
I know the people defending T17s are the ones farming them with meatsack allflames for the CRAAAAZY ALTERATION ORB AND SCARAB AND T0 UNIQUE EXPLOSIONS but seriously they have completely failed with the design of these maps. It breaks the whole economy and now if you can't get your mageblood progenesis 90 all res immortal leaguestarter that costs a meager 2 mirror budget rolling in the first week then you make significantly less currency than the people farming these maps all day. Then it becomes literally pointless to do them, just let em pile up and sell them all in bulk for divines, you will always make more currency than just struggling to try to run them and possibly fail. So for the average casual the best choice is to avoid the content and sell their maps, great design huh.
First of all they shouldn't have any insane valdo mods at all like who thought of that idea????
Second why do we need to farm 5 fragments that randomly drop and the bosses only have a "bias" towards 3 of the 7 fragments and they randomly drop 1-2 and we don't even know the % chance for the fragments to be one or the other. Literally just make 1 fragment=1 boss invitation or just give us back the keystones for ubers those were better than this mess.
And finally, some other mods should go away like -2 max number of mines/traps,-2 max number of summoned totems,players take % of damage their totems take,players and their minions do no damage for 4 seconds out of 10 seconds(like what even is this joke of a mod? that's just an Ultimatum round modifier but for your entire map OMEGALUL). All those and many other mods are just build-disabling and not fun at all. And obviously all the valdo mods need to go like shaper-touched,crazy stuff like all mobs are in a union of souls making a blue mob tankier than an uber boss,maven interferes with player and she just spam-heals the map boss infinitely hahaa.

And I'm living proof that the design of these maps has completely failed its objective to be the "bridge" between ubers and normal endgame content. I've killed 6/7 yet I can't farm these maps. The only uber boss I can't do is uber uber elder because of too many immunity phases and shaper balls. If I can kill almost all uber bosses yet can't do these maps which are supposed to be easier, something is wrong. Yes I play a 20k max hit glass-cannon build, and guess what I can do juiced up modifier effect maps with atlas trees that reach 300 quant with rippy harbinger bosses running around, yet I can't do T17s because of how overtuned they are."Just build defences,just play a tanky build" isn't an excuse for these maps being so bad.

And you know what? If they change nothing about them next patch I'm just gonna sell all of mine in bulk and enjoy my free divine orb profits every 30-40 maps kek
I haven't done Uber's this league, can't, can't get past a T17 map. Are they significantly harder this league? B/c if they aren't then T17's are definitely harder. Really my main complaint is that they gated the 5th map slot behind these T17 maps, and when I was lvl 98 i found that super frustrating. I'm lvl 100 now, still can't do em. I'll unprivate my account or whatever so you can see my gear. I don't have a mageblood yet, but my gear and gems and skill tree aren't trash. I'm sure you guys will roast me anyways....whatever. T17's still suck. Is mageblood a requirement to do these? That seems insane to me. What's the % of players that get one during a league?
"
SlowNSedated wrote:
I haven't done Uber's this league, can't, can't get past a T17 map. Are they significantly harder this league? B/c if they aren't then T17's are definitely harder. Really my main complaint is that they gated the 5th map slot behind these T17 maps, and when I was lvl 98 i found that super frustrating. I'm lvl 100 now, still can't do em. I'll unprivate my account or whatever so you can see my gear. I don't have a mageblood yet, but my gear and gems and skill tree aren't trash. I'm sure you guys will roast me anyways....whatever. T17's still suck. Is mageblood a requirement to do these? That seems insane to me. What's the % of players that get one during a league?

I don't wanna sound elitist or anything, but with that gear I wouldn't even think about T17s or Ubers. I for once rebuilt my character to become reeeaaally tanky before I even attempted T17s.

I'm not very familiar with trap builds, but what exactly is ur defense setup apart from Grace and Immortal Call?
I agree that T17 map mods are insane and the difficulty jump is extremely high.

BUT

Maybe GGG wants us to spend a good amount of chaos to roll these maps.

OR

Maybe GGG wants these to be later league content that players can aspire to in order to continue playign for longer (vs. quitting after accomplishing goals in 2 weeks).

AND

Maybe instead of calling them T17 maps, they should be called something else like Zana's maps or something

Cause when you call them a "T17 map", the difficulty jump is not logical from a T16.
"
Ceryneian wrote:
Maybe instead of calling them T17 maps, they should be called something else like Zana's maps or something

Cause when you call them a "T17 map", the difficulty jump is not logical from a T16.

I agree with this a lot. It's its own thing and should be treated as such. T17 Valdo maps aren't baseline as difficult either, it's just the mods that roll on the map that make them this difficult. For T17s it's a combination of mods AND new mob types AND map bosses

I am very happy that these maps exist now, because I currently sit in HCSSF and any regular content is "boring" because I can beat it easily. The only thing left on my to-do list are uber pinnacles and T17 map grind where normally I'd be done now. It's awesome!
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
I have done 5 or 6 of the T17, burning chaos to get them to something doable. They are just not fun to play. Though the character I'm using can do them, they again are just not fun. They are just a bunch of dung all smashed together.

GGG said, Here exile have fun with this, HA HA HA HA!

seriously, not fun, I can't image someone that is just starting to play this ever getting to T17s, not sure how this helps GGG make money......
Great news everyone! Because you all clearly care so much about other players and what they think. I got Mageblood, got a lot of my gear upgraded, at least 150+ divines in this character total, and I was finally able to complete a T17 Map! Thanks for all of your support and you kind words...love you guys/gals. I still don't think that amount of gear should be a requirement for completing these "warm up" maps. Gating the 5th map slot behind completing a T17 also sucks and GGG should do something different with that if they were wanting to change it up, but that's just my opinion I guess. Thanks everybody for the encouragement! You all rock!!! -_-
I think the t17 bosses are good and actually in a pretty good spot themselves. The map mods are very disappointing to say the least. I am not sure what's going on with ggg anymore, I mean most of those mods are just anti gameplay. Its feels a lot like the original archnemesis monster mods.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info