Dear GGG: Not finding any loot sucks.

You can practice crafting here:

https://www.craftofexile.com/
Pour one out for my Syndicate homies.

Complex PoE mechanics are getting Diablofied.

GGG: What's better than stable income? Random income of course.
"
Bosscannon wrote:
Completely disagree with previous poster.
Perceived item value should be derived from item function and not from market value.
More drops would definitely make the game better for anyone who likes to play the game and not the games market.
The problem is that this game is tuned in a stupid way so people who could use the drops get none and people who no longer need them get all of them.

So I should be punished by having worse drops in a weeks time because my character got twice as strong? Doesn´t make a lot of sense, does it.
"
koskesh539 wrote:
"
Bosscannon wrote:
Perceived item value should be derived from item function and not from market value.
More drops would definitely make the game better for anyone who likes to play the game and not the games market.
The problem is that this game is tuned in a stupid way so people who could use the drops get none and people who no longer need them get all of them.

So I should be punished by having worse drops in a weeks time because my character got twice as strong? Doesn´t make a lot of sense, does it.

It doesn't make sense because that is some fewer dream you came up with on your own and is not even close to what I was saying.
What?

I literally don't remember the last time I was able to loot a map in less than three portals. Level 87 with "a few chaos" means you're definitely doing something wrong, that kind of luck is too bad to be believable. It's like being hit by a shark which fell out of an airplane that was struck by a meteor on Feb 29.
"
koskesh539 wrote:
"
Bosscannon wrote:

I agree with bosscannon. Ofc you shouldn't get punished for getting stronger and doing more difficult content. But difference shouldn't be that dramatic. Or at least even players who are not doing it in optimal way should get occasionally something nice. Base drops without proper juicing are non existent. That must feel terrible for people who are newer to the game and wanna just play it without studying dozens of "how to" and "what to do" guides and videos. Occasional divine drop in earlier stages means a lot more to newer player than making 10 div in a map for me.

I spoke to the guy who came to buy one map from me to finish atlas. He said that this is first time he got to the "late" content as he got some random 2 div drop somewhere and that it motivated him to stay and not to quit while after campaign as usual. I gave him few pointers which are totally obvious to more experienced players like use better filter than default neversink, which he had no clue about. Plus I gave him perfect triple ele res ring which I had for sale for 30 divs to boost his experience, which i think i did. xD

Bottom line is that game is extremely unrewarding for casual players who just wanna log in and kill some monsters. There should be better drops for simple alch and go people who are not optimizing atlas and uses right scarabs. I think little improvement in this regard would go a long way.
"
BadAssTom wrote:
Bottom line is that game is extremely unrewarding for casual players who just wanna log in and kill some monsters. There should be better drops for simple alch and go people who are not optimizing atlas and uses right scarabs..

Okay. I'll bite.

Test 1:
Spoiler
Tier 5, alch and go, no chisels, no scarabs:

No lucky lantern mods, no embers used:

Random map mechanics: Betrayal, Uul-Netol Breach, Essence, Strongbox (jewelry)

Notable drops:
Rin veiled prefix boots (2c)
Crown of Eyes, high base roll (~15c)

+5 six-socket items and assorted minor currency, essences, and scarabs (approx 5c for all of that in total value)

Total value: 20+ chaos from alch-and-go tier 5.

Test #2:
Spoiler
(map dropped with 7% quality)

No lucky mods or embers:

Random mechanics: Ritual, Betrayal, Essence, Strongbox (cards)

Drops:
Rin veiled prefix boots (2c)
Guff veiled prefix gloves (5c, already sold before I could even finish this sentence)
3 lesser scarabs (5c combined)
Various div cards (8c combined)
Minor essences and currency (~4c)
This jewel, will update when it sells: 50+c (bought from Ritual, if it matters to anyone)

Total value: 24c + jewel

Test #3: I'm done making pictures, it's another rare T5 with no chisels, scarabs, or embers in it.
Spoiler

Mechanics: Betrayal, Essence, Strongbox (armor), Legion

Drops:

+10c in various minor currencies, cards, and scarabs

Total value: 2c for Rin shoes, 5c for Guff gloves, 10c in small stuff, and let's say 15c for the armor (will update when I sell)

Approximate value: 30 chaos

So let's add that up: in three alch-and-go tier 5 maps, which is something literally any build can clear on absolutely zero budget, I made over a divine in drops. This took me less time in-game than it took me to write this post, and I'd keep going with this test if I weren't worried about dropping the level of my next Catarina fight.

TLDR: Drops are fine if you have any idea what you're doing, and in all honesty the game is probably far too generous right now. Stop whining on the forums and go clear some content, you can buy a headhunter after farming white maps for an afternoon.
"
Pashid wrote:
You're doing something wrong if you don't find "any" loot at all cause the game literally showers you in loot explosions since the last few leagues, especially really bad this league and previous league lol

This is the disconnect between the giga chad blasters of top-tier content and normal players. The drops took a nose dive for everyone not blasting hyper-optimized T17s. It is just a fact. It is exactly like the base rate nerf in Sentinel. Sure the top of end of players barely felt it but all the casual players did. Then they reworked alters because of MF abuse. Now they feel worse for everyone else. Meanwhile, Fubgun, Sushi, and the like have loot explosions for days.

It's highly out of whack and needs to be brought back in line. Instead of them constantly nerfing the base experience for the bulk of players which has little to no impact on the people at the top complaining about "loot explosions".
"
Okay. I'll bite.

To play devil's advocate for a second: 3 maps isn't a big sample size, and your drops will be heavily influenced by your atlas tree. We don't know if that person has a full atlas tree with a real strategy at hand or is sitting at 50 maps completed after all

On the other hand, I agree that it is super easy to run any strategy and find success. I'm happy as a clam running Destructive Play alch/go T16s for Guardian map drops right now. I think it speaks to a "knowledge gap" far more than anything else, and a fair amount of people will be used to Affliction which was as straightforward a mechanic as it can go.

I.e. I pulled 1.3k chaos out of a single Vaal Temple map the other day. Takes some setup of course, but if you know you know. :D
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
"
Okay. I'll bite.

To play devil's advocate for a second: 3 maps isn't a big sample size, and your drops will be heavily influenced by your atlas tree. We don't know if that person has a full atlas tree with a real strategy at hand or is sitting at 50 maps completed after all

On the other hand, I agree that it is super easy to run any strategy and find success. I'm happy as a clam running Destructive Play alch/go T16s for Guardian map drops right now. I think it speaks to a "knowledge gap" far more than anything else, and a fair amount of people will be used to Affliction which was as straightforward a mechanic as it can go.

I.e. I pulled 1.3k chaos out of a single Vaal Temple map the other day. Takes some setup of course, but if you know you know. :D

Oh I completely agree, I was genuinely annoyed at hitting Betrayal all 3 times because I meant to do at least 5 maps to get a better average. But after 3 maps I'd filled up my intervention safehouse and had to call the test off and go back to red maps because I can't be having none of that level 75 Catarina junk.
"
"
BadAssTom wrote:
Bottom line is that game is extremely unrewarding for casual players who just wanna log in and kill some monsters. There should be better drops for simple alch and go people who are not optimizing atlas and uses right scarabs..

Okay. I'll bite.

TLDR: Drops are fine if you have any idea what you're doing, and in all honesty the game is probably far too generous right now. Stop whining on the forums and go clear some content, you can buy a headhunter after farming white maps for an afternoon.

Way to miss the forest for the trees. The game should not be balanced around you picking everything up and selling it. Affliction proved this with it's extremely high retention rate 2 months in (as a percentage). The game feels better when more orbs drop and less hideout warrior balance is going on.

This design philosophy is exactly why PoE 2 is now PoE 2 and not an extension to this game. Because they can't get around that they have made the game feel like crap under all of these design decisions balanced around people using bots in their hideout to do dumb stuff like jewel crafting or old sextant rolling.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info