My friend got banned for no reason!? What are the options?

My friend got banned for no apparent reason. Reason for ban in his account is "Third Party Software", BUT the only third party software he used is APT (awakened poe trade) which is allowed and POB (path of building). As I know third party software can be RMT, BUT again he was never involved in such activities. He wrote to support email and ban appeal email and got same automatic answer. About his ban appeal, he asked the reason and got answer that he violated section 7 of Terms of Use which is a lot of things. He played around 500 hours and even bought some support packs so at least he want to know the exact reason to prevent his next account from ban, of course if it's even possible. I know that support can not share information about other account so I'm asking the community, maybe you or your friends were in similar situations. What are the remaining options left or there is no hope what so ever?
Last bumped on May 10, 2024, 1:12:41 PM
The most likely thing is that your friend is not truthful to you about what he did that got him banned. GGG or other game companies will never tell you exactly what they banned you for, only that you broke a certain rule or used 3rd party software etc. Ask yourself. If your friend only used Awakened PoE Trade, do you think that got him banned? Most people use that and have been for many years without any ban.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Yeah your friend is definitely lying. He for sure was using some kind of bot/scripts or involved in some kind of RMT.
hoho the good old for no reason.
-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-
He most likely used some script/tool that was only giving some QoL stuff (for trade for example) thinking its fine, since its only QoL. Welp, its not fine, and he got banned
"
xPiranha wrote:
hoho the good old for no reason.

Double whammy here with the "my friend" not the actual player themselves.

@ poster

Your friend, should use the button on the forum when you visit your character page (appeal ban on the right hand side i think, never seen one as i've never been banned)

If the appeal fails then that's it.

FYI if the appeal fails then GGG are confident that they did break the ToS as they have zero problem unbanning innocent people.
Also, you'll not get a reason past a section of the ToS, this is an industry standard practice to prevent cheats from figuring out what was detected and possibly how and circumventing future detection.

To be clear if the appeal fails then no amount of posting here, reddit or spamming support via eamil will work.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on May 1, 2024, 9:55:03 AM
I'd be banned like 3000 times now using awakened poe trade

omegalul
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Coconutdoggy wrote:

omegalul

the real game is PoB anyway, am I right? :v
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
One of two, your friend is not being honest with you, or he indeed was honest with you, but you just not telling the whole story.
Venezuela es mi barrio, y odio mi barrio.
Amante de las abejas🐝
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
"
Coconutdoggy wrote:

omegalul

the real game is PoB anyway, am I right? :v

Yep. PoE is a 3D plugin for PoB, and pretty bugged one at that :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info