The league is uber unfair

"
ArtCrusade wrote:
"
CanelayAzucar wrote:
the biggest hit of the last decade was undeniably Last Epoch, and it is no coincidence that Last Epoch once came out with its Action House

1) The auction house is terrible. go play the actual game and read some of the critical reviews that aren't luke-warm
2) Are you sure about calling it the biggest hit of the decade? https://steamcharts.com/app/899770 - the game peaked on the official release which got a lot of attention with 260k players and it's down to 9k right now. Pretty fast dropoff too, and the recent reviews are "Mixed"

Here, from an actual Steam review by someone who played for 300 hours since launch (Zloy Zai):

"Your build matters little when it comes down to fighting bosses since their HP is, wait for it.... dynamic, and is linked to your assumed DPS. The developers claim it is to ensure you follow tactics on the bosses and don't kill them too fast with some builds. So now everyone is equal [...]"

If stuff like "dynamic DPS" is the evolution of the genre, I know what game I'll be playing

It really comes down to preference. You say the "auction house" in LE is terrible and you are referencing to reviews who share that view but for me, i'd pick LE's system over POEs a thousand times over any day.

1) It allows for actual SF game play, not that fake SSF mode POE has which is more like the actual hardcore mode of the game because of the massive increase in grinding needed.

2) It gives people who want to engage in trade the ability to do so while preventing the game from devolving into an economy simulation where sitting in your hideout and looking at the trade site provides faster progression than killing monsters.

I honestly think calling LE's trade system an "auction house" is horribly misleading because the system is not supposed to do what most people would expect from an auction house aka fast and easy trade with close to no limitations. LE's version is more restrictive than POE's just in a different (and imo better) way.

As for dynamic dps, i am also not a fan but then again, in POE you have dedicated bossers killing ubers in fractions of a second and GGG balancing drop rates around this meaning anyone who can't kill them this fast is outright fucked because it will take him a lifetime worth of farming to get the drop he want's. Here as well it's pick your poison.
"
Baharoth15 wrote:
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
"
CanelayAzucar wrote:
the biggest hit of the last decade was undeniably Last Epoch, and it is no coincidence that Last Epoch once came out with its Action House

1) The auction house is terrible. go play the actual game and read some of the critical reviews that aren't luke-warm
2) Are you sure about calling it the biggest hit of the decade? https://steamcharts.com/app/899770 - the game peaked on the official release which got a lot of attention with 260k players and it's down to 9k right now. Pretty fast dropoff too, and the recent reviews are "Mixed"

Here, from an actual Steam review by someone who played for 300 hours since launch (Zloy Zai):

"Your build matters little when it comes down to fighting bosses since their HP is, wait for it.... dynamic, and is linked to your assumed DPS. The developers claim it is to ensure you follow tactics on the bosses and don't kill them too fast with some builds. So now everyone is equal [...]"

If stuff like "dynamic DPS" is the evolution of the genre, I know what game I'll be playing

It really comes down to preference. You say the "auction house" in LE is terrible and you are referencing to reviews who share that view but for me, i'd pick LE's system over POEs a thousand times over any day.

1) It allows for actual SF game play, not that fake SSF mode POE has which is more like the actual hardcore mode of the game because of the massive increase in grinding needed.

2) It gives people who want to engage in trade the ability to do so while preventing the game from devolving into an economy simulation where sitting in your hideout and looking at the trade site provides faster progression than killing monsters.

I honestly think calling LE's trade system an "auction house" is horribly misleading because the system is not supposed to do what most people would expect from an auction house aka fast and easy trade with close to no limitations. LE's version is more restrictive than POE's just in a different (and imo better) way.

As for dynamic dps, i am also not a fan but then again, in POE you have dedicated bossers killing ubers in fractions of a second and GGG balancing drop rates around this meaning anyone who can't kill them this fast is outright fucked because it will take him a lifetime worth of farming to get the drop he want's. Here as well it's pick your poison.

The LE auction house suffers from many of the same issues the D3 AH suffered from, such as uniques without perfect rolls becoming neigh impossible to sell / be useless unless they roll with 2+ legendary potential. Players always tend to strive towards maximum efficiency, so it comes as no surprise.

There are further issues where people list items for zero or very low gold on purpose, only to level their rank.

I'll not delve into the early implementation issues such as inflated gold prices, item duping and whatnot because those are bugs that can be fixed. Strictly talking about design

Same thing with the dynamic DPS. Players take pride in their characters and how they build them. If I craft a huge upgrade for my character in PoE I see instantaneous feedback when I tackle a difficult boss which feels rewarding. The same upgrade in LE? No difference. This is the kinda stuff that made me reconsider picking LE back up after having played it for 700 hours before the release. Been an early supporter and all that. Got the badge to show for it too if anyone doubts.

So yea, personal preference aside. Calling LE the hit of the decade is not just hyperbolic, it's far removed from reality. Game's solid, but not much else to say
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
hahaha yo soul bind is all I got to say in LE

Omegalul
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Coconutdoggy wrote:
hahaha yo soul bind is all I got to say in LE

Omegalul

Add that you are unable to sort per roll and you need to look at 200 pages of same item to find good rolls.
dynamic dps is a copout solution to balance like stat caps and soulbind, but
that doesn't really make it a bad solution some games are just shockingly hard to keep on the rails and generally the more complicated the interactions the harder that becomes.

I'd prefer it to what we have in PoE now for example but I've always disliked boss cheese, especially when GGG on the whole design very good bosses (or did) its just a waste of good content, drastically skews loot and devalues achievement largely. It doesn't actually matter of course aside from the loot skewing the rest doesn't influence us individually.

I will say I think old PoE was vastly better at designing and curating boss content like when Sirus was new bugs aside that was good boss content, elderslayers? good content.

If they introduced content of that type now it will be considered irrelevant immediately we are just so far beyond a measured well paced boss.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info