Melee enjoyers?

"
Aynix wrote:
Not everyone constanly comnpares themselves to others. Its not a race. Its a game you play for fun.

Sure.

But to make things more balanced, you have to compare (it's sort of what balance is). I understand perfectly fine that you think melee is more than OK if you don't compare it to other things, but some people want balance. They want melee to be one of the options available for most challenges in the game. I don't think that is an unreasonable wish.

Melee's biggest problem (IMO) is the scaling; or the lack of alternatives here. To take a melee build all the way, you're sort of shoehorned into stacking STR, DEX, Armor and/or aura effect - especially on the south-west side of the tree, and take advantage of a couple of weapons that works very well with that. Because if you're scaling damage the "normal" way, you're defenses are often lacking.

They keep adding more and more content beyond T16 maps, and this league they've even added the strongest farming strats available in T17 maps. I'm sure more content will come, so the "this is pinnacle content, not meant for melee" argument is getting old - fast.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Go and name a single "challenge" that can't be accomplished with melee, heck let's even limit it down to melee using your "normal" scaling (rare weapon i presume? Or maybe phys only rare weapon? What is your idea of "normal"?)

I'll wait.

Alternatively, just admit that your just envious of spells not having to buy weapons while melee does. Because i am fairly confident that's all it boils down to at the end of the day.
Last edited by Baharoth15 on Apr 26, 2024, 4:53:48 AM
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
Aynix wrote:
Not everyone constanly comnpares themselves to others. Its not a race. Its a game you play for fun.

Sure.

But to make things more balanced, you have to compare (it's sort of what balance is). I understand perfectly fine that you think melee is more than OK if you don't compare it to other things, but some people want balance. They want melee to be one of the options available for most challenges in the game. I don't think that is an unreasonable wish.

Melee's biggest problem (IMO) is the scaling; or the lack of alternatives here. To take a melee build all the way, you're sort of shoehorned into stacking STR, DEX, Armor and/or aura effect - especially on the south-west side of the tree, and take advantage of a couple of weapons that works very well with that. Because if you're scaling damage the "normal" way, you're defenses are often lacking.

They keep adding more and more content beyond T16 maps, and this league they've even added the strongest farming strats available in T17 maps. I'm sure more content will come, so the "this is pinnacle content, not meant for melee" argument is getting old - fast.

I never in my life made melee STR/DEX stacker. YOu dont need to. You dont need to have 500M DPS on your build to clear "all content". Maybe for those shitty T17 that are pure mistake. But thats T17 problem, not melee problem.
Melee needs QoL like rework of totem, maybe rework of fortify (again), rework of mods on 2h weapons (simillar to what Bows had). But thats not what people scream for. Even if GGG would do all those things, people would still cry that melee suck. Because they will always compare it to the best stuff from non-melee. They will compare it to TS (pre nerf), they will compare it to PEnance Brand etc.
Last edited by Aynix on Apr 26, 2024, 5:35:27 AM
mathil league starters

necropolis ele hit wander
affliction scourge arrow bow
tota etheral knives trickster
crucible ice shot bow (special note return proj hidden anoint to new players)
sanctum venom gyre
kalandra spectral helix
sentinel spectral throw
archnemesis ice spear
scourge spectral helix
expedition spectral helix (before nerf)
ultimatum exsanguinate
ritual cyclone ! (non coc)
heist hexblast
harvest penance brand
delirium spell slinger arc ball lightning
metamorph explosive arrow
blight cobra lash
legion bladestorm ! melee with "dot"
synthesis divine ire inquisitor
betrayal steel skill
delve hybrid smite minion build (minion for single target) !
incurstion double strike !!!
betrayal dual strike !!!
abyss frost blade !!!
breach blade flurry !!!
essence bow stuff
talisman spectral throw
prophecy shield charge !!!

baharoth15, in standard, stuck in the past ^^
Last edited by SerialF on Apr 26, 2024, 7:57:49 AM
at least ggg is trying stuff like with chieftain "melding" ascendancy and the fortify glove. ofc it s a glove so you lose additional strike on the implicit and it s armour so you cant get the 15% spell suppress mastery which requires evasion on glove. they still refuse to give no downside for fortify.

do it ggg, fortify on strike with no downside. you know you ll do it at some point.

also, still 10% ?
Last edited by SerialF on Apr 26, 2024, 7:58:28 AM
"
SerialF wrote:
mathil league starters

necropolis ele hit wander
affliction scourge arrow bow
tota etheral knives trickster
crucible ice shot bow (special note return proj hidden anoint to new players)
sanctum venom gyre
kalandra spectral helix
sentinel spectral throw
archnemesis ice spear
scourge spectral helix
expedition spectral helix (before nerf)
ultimatum exsanguinate
ritual cyclone ! (non coc)
heist hexblast
harvest penance brand
delirium spell slinger arc ball lightning
metamorph explosive arrow
blight cobra lash
legion bladestorm ! melee with "dot"
synthesis divine ire inquisitor
betrayal steel skill
delve hybrid smite minion build (minion for single target) !
incurstion double strike !!!
betrayal dual strike !!!
abyss frost blade !!!
breach blade flurry !!!
essence bow stuff
talisman spectral throw
prophecy shield charge !!!

Since we already take Mathil as an example, the dude made like 4 melee builds in current league already. Looking at only league starters for a person who will play that build for like 4 days and make another one is stupid.
How about we talk how many times he league started as minions? Maybe traps? Mines? How about totems?
Last edited by Aynix on Apr 26, 2024, 8:34:24 AM
"
Aynix wrote:
I never in my life made melee STR/DEX stacker. YOu dont need to. You dont need to have 500M DPS on your build to clear "all content". Maybe for those shitty T17 that are pure mistake. But thats T17 problem, not melee problem.
Melee needs QoL like rework of totem, maybe rework of fortify (again), rework of mods on 2h weapons (simillar to what Bows had). But thats not what people scream for. Even if GGG would do all those things, people would still cry that melee suck. Because they will always compare it to the best stuff from non-melee. They will compare it to TS (pre nerf), they will compare it to PEnance Brand etc.

You're doing it again, excluding content from the discussion to make your arguments fit. When I say "all the way", I mean all the way. And not "all the way, excluding X and using all portals". I base my feedback on facts and what is actually IN the game, not what should or shouldn't be there.

Frankly, I don't care if people would still whine. I don't care what "people scream for". It should be possible to have a discussion without "what-if's" like you're doing. If they added a better Fortify system and baked the totem buffs into "melee" as a whole, I would be a very happy man. But I think melee needs WAY more than that. Sure, 2H weapons may need some love, but so do 1H weapons, except claws. 99/100 endgame sword builds are using Paradoxica; which tells you A LOT about regular melee scaling. Who's using a 1H rare axe, sword or mace these days? VERY few people. I would even say that 1-handers outside of claws needs way more "QoL" than 2-handers.

And what about Dual Wielding? If we're taking your approach and exclude DSoA, how many people are dualwielding in the endgame? What about impale? Melee bleed builds? Melee AoE skills? Support for slower builds in juiced content?

Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:

You're doing it again, excluding content from the discussion to make your arguments fit. When I say "all the way", I mean all the way. And not "all the way, excluding X and using all portals". I base my feedback on facts and what is actually IN the game, not what should or shouldn't be there.

No, Im not "oding it again". Just because I dont care about ubers doesnt mean my builds couldnt do ubers. Lets take Mathil since people already took him as example. Up to this league he was making several melee builds every league, all of them with budget of 30-50 divines and he was beating ubers on ALL of them.
Wanna guess what was his first build this league he used to beat ubers? MELEE build.
You are slowly converting to one of people who just yells "melee needs 5 mirror gear to play"
"
SerialF wrote:

Do you really think i couldn't make something outperforming that 3 mio dps trash build you are running in league? Likely wouldn't even take a week you know? Should i do that and keep mocking you with it for the forseeable future? Would you like that?
Last edited by Baharoth15 on Apr 26, 2024, 9:04:23 AM
bara always with the arguments and data.

btw your profile is private now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info