Trans gems in SSF are WAY too hard to get.

"
Baharoth15 wrote:
"
Ayxera wrote:

It will change, because GGG is a fan of good game design not bad game design and the way it is right now is bad game design. Also, go play the game instead of baiting responses ty

Dude, the game has been designed like this for a freaking decade. Do you really think it would still be like this after such a long time if GGG was a fan of "good" game design? Get real. This isn't some bug or oversight, it's a deliberate design choice based on their fundamental design principles.

And we are asking for it to change. GGG reads all kinds of posts about trade players complaining about how things are, why can't we ask for a change with gems?
I have no issue with you asking for it. I just pointed out that you are wasting your time doing so. As you've said, GGG has been reading suggestions for trade improvements for a long time now and none of them ever got implemented. If you wanna spend you time making suggestions that have been ignored a million times already, be my guest.
"
Baharoth15 wrote:
I have no issue with you asking for it. I just pointed out that you are wasting your time doing so. As you've said, GGG has been reading suggestions for trade improvements for a long time now and none of them ever got implemented. If you wanna spend you time making suggestions that have been ignored a million times already, be my guest.

Well this suggestion shouldn't get ignored since a lot of players are sick of it.
Finally some other posters illuminated the meaning of "balanced around trade". Made no sense to me at first, especially since the original responses were essentially blaming ME for choosing SSF, as if the mechanic was working perfectly and made sense.

Again, this is a SUGGESTION forum. It's weird to me that some people are waiting for SSF suggestions with a "too bad don't play ssf" comment. But being relatively newer to poe, if there has been literally zero changes to ssf since game inception, I understand that point now.

That said, I don't see a reason why ssf changes couldn't be made. The only counter I see, would be the connectivity between trade and ssf...since if gems (or any other items) were easier to get in ssf, one could get them in ssf and convert them to trade.

But we're talking about gems here. At best, with the exception of maybe two or three gems, they are 10c items at best. We've only had t-gems in for a league and a half, so it's not as if we have years of fine tuning to the system. But as it is now, it can take 2-3 times longer getting the single gem you want than it takes to go through the entire campaign. It feels like it should be in ruthless, not ssf.

Possible solutions:

If an ssf specific change is possible, have a t-gem of same type craft show up every time.

If ssf specific isn't possible, have some frag or something drop at the end of every lab, and have like 3 of them be required to then allow the purchase of any t-gem (or at least get the chance to convert an existing gem). Then you're talking about at most 10-15 lab runs to get what you need for a build...not 50 or 60.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info