Map Drop Insanely Low

I don't remember another league where map drop was so low. For context, I never buy maps for Atlas completion and still rarely have to run duplicates - basically I always can either drop or buy a map from Kirac that I still haven't completed.

This league though I've only gotten to T12, and now I'm stuck farming T10 for hours, occasionally dropping a higher tier map. At this point I'm full clearing even the worst layouts in hopes to get a higher tier map.

/mini rant

Last bumped on Apr 24, 2024, 10:39:25 PM
Same comment every single league...

And there's me selling full inventories of t16's....

Spec into map dropping nodes.
Finished full atlas without buying a single map. Take +1 map tier atlas passives and use Kirac.
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
Not the OP but thanks for the 2 informative responses. With that strategy in mind would it be better to drop back one or 2 tiers from what I'm currently working on and add a little juice if I have scarabs or allflames that might help as well, or should I push the highest tier I have any maps for? Currently mid to low red tier and SSF.
Last edited by ExsiliumUltra on Apr 21, 2024, 11:42:19 AM
"
ExsiliumUltra wrote:
Not the OP but thanks for the 2 informative responses. With that strategy in mind would it be better to drop back one or 2 tiers from what I'm currently working on and add a little juice if I have scarabs or allflames that might help as well, or should I push the highest tier I have any maps for? Currently mid to low red tier and SSF.

No scarabs or allflames are necessary. You work towards 4 Voidstones as you progress through the tiers. Either pick up Shaping the Mountains or Shaping the Skies on the way to whatever strategy you are targeting early and maybe some Kirac nodes. Use Kirac missions to refresh his inventory, it helps tremendously with finding incomplete maps to run.

Another nuance is you can actually complete red tier maps in white or yellows by using Scouting Reports. The basic one offers maps that are incomplete, so if it's rare + corrupted it doesn't matter if it's the right tier
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
"
ArtCrusade wrote:

Another nuance is you can actually complete red tier maps in white or yellows by using Scouting Reports. The basic one offers maps that are incomplete, so if it's rare + corrupted it doesn't matter if it's the right tier

Learn something new every day. I wish I'd known this a long time ago.

Does this also back log the lower tier maps the same as standard league where you can run one T16 of the previous league and auto fill the entire atlas?
I poop, therefore I am.
i m playing std, i specced into all "maps drop higher tier" nodes. took the entire mf rings on the atlas.

i dont run scarabs.

its RNG AF.

i can run blue t15s randomly getting t16s or even t17s.

i can run yellow t16s and get no map drops at all.

i m at the point i actually changed my strategy to take all the "drops connected map" nodes.
[Removed by Support]
"
JunkHeadJoePC wrote:
"
ArtCrusade wrote:

Learn something new every day. I wish I'd known this a long time ago.

Does this also back log the lower tier maps the same as standard league where you can run one T16 of the previous league and auto fill the entire atlas?

No, the mass unlocking comes only from running legacy maps, which obviously can't exist in challenge leagues.

An important point about "explorer's reports":
If a map is completed without bonus objective (ie. no atlas skill point) then the explorer's report will skip it, meaning that you have to drop or buy the map for bonus completion and can't roll a low tier version from Kirac for easier completion.

I learned that this league, where I had some maps completed without bonus from runs with public parties.
Let each player choose which version of PoE to play:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-post/24770192
"
exsea wrote:
i m playing std, i specced into all "maps drop higher tier" nodes. took the entire mf rings on the atlas.

i dont run scarabs.

its RNG AF.

i can run blue t15s randomly getting t16s or even t17s.

i can run yellow t16s and get no map drops at all.

i m at the point i actually changed my strategy to take all the "drops connected map" nodes.

I can recommend hosting some mapping parties for anyone in trade leagues struggling with map drops. All map drops (as well as unmaking orbs and scouting reports) are perma allocated to map device owner (regardless of allocation choice), but benefit from the party bonuses to drops.
Let each player choose which version of PoE to play:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-post/24770192

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info