MORE SECONDARY WEAPONS

why do only bows get secondary weapons i.e. quivers.

Like John said about Elden ring damage numbers copy secondary slot items like Last Epoch.

Stuff for casters and melee.

Sheaths, magical feathers, skulls, vial of goblin jizz. something cool that'll give actual build variety. not just wand & shield/sword & shield.

people could mix and match, be a spellblade melee dude etc
Last bumped on Apr 16, 2024, 8:36:41 PM
+1 been hoping for similar stuff, here's a super dead quote with some thoughts.

"
"
To start a bow is a two handed weapon that allows you to equip an additional item giving you a lot of stats in various areas and this combo is very often used to cast certain spells, I don't really have a problem with bow casters though it feels like they need some better support that is more immersive but enough on that.

Disclaimer scabbards were another users idea, a damn good idea imo.

Why add this?:
Bows can compete with Staffs already without the quiver involved and when you add that element in niche as it might be the bow becomes stronger in many situations and that's fine but i believe that the other two handed melee/magical weapons should also be able to benefit from this in their own way.. given the state of melee i am 100% behind scabbards/sheathes and the sigils are merely a personal wish but they also make a bit of sense to even the playing field with bowcasters(my staff cant fire arrows)

Types of items:
-1&2 handed scabbards
Scabbards would give the same general types of bonuses a quiver could give but with a lean towards melee type stats similar to how a quiver works and scabbards are only available to use with sword/dagger/twohandedsword etc

One handed scabbards are only available while weilding a single one handed weapon.

-1&2handed Sigils
sigils are small magical shields that like a quiver or scabbard would give small bonuses to various magical stats and perhaps provide ward or energy shield as possible rolls and these are only available for use with wands and staves.

Sigils are an one-size-fits-all situation and likely do not have the same level of buffs that melee scabbards/sheathes would have.

-1&2Handed Sheathes
Sheathes are just like scabbards but provide slightly different melee bonuses and are for axes and other weapons that can not realistically have a proper scabbard.

as with scabbards one handed sheathes only work while wielding a single one handed weapon compatible with a sheath.

If you like or dislike this idea or have anything to add to the list please do, inspired by the other post mentioning scabbards i could not help bringing the topic up again including sigils and other mechanics on my mind.
Innocence forgives you
Last edited by SilentSymphony on Apr 16, 2024, 8:37:22 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info