Game Has Died,

"
arknath wrote:
game is doing fine, just need more devs not working on poe2. At least if they want to change this much. Can't keep doing that with small amount of people. Too much things are left untested and broken.

I doubt they don't work in poe1 With the amount of changes they bring in later (every) patch.
Its just they are insistingly working in the direction noone likes. Kalandra, medium nerfs in between, zero qol, and now this. Their goal seems to be to slow down the game as much as possible.
"
panikouk wrote:
"
arknath wrote:
game is doing fine, just need more devs not working on poe2. At least if they want to change this much. Can't keep doing that with small amount of people. Too much things are left untested and broken.

I doubt they don't work in poe1 With the amount of changes they bring in later (every) patch.
Its just they are insistingly working in the direction noone likes. Kalandra, medium nerfs in between, zero qol, and now this. Their goal seems to be to slow down the game as much as possible.

You are 100% correct,.

I love the fake tease of QOL when it comes to trading currency,.

FUNNY how you still can't CTRL shift click that into your stash,. Like,.... WHO DO THEY HAVE WORKING HERE? like,... funny joke,. Fix it,.

No only this but,. with them changing scarabs and sextants,. I now have 23k Veiled scarabs in standard and the only way to open them all is by clicking one by one... COME ON....

Anyway ,. nice to see the league has literally died.

CALLED IT

No-one wants Poe2 In Poe1,. We never asked for ruthless to be main game,.
"
TiLung wrote:
CALLED IT

I've been waiting since 2013 for one of these "predictions" of the game being dead to come true, it's now 2024, you called sweet FA.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
TiLung wrote:

CALLED IT

https://steamcharts.com/app/238960

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Literally

" L I T E R A L L Y "
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
"
Yeah getting a chance to actually play with it, I do prefer the new Scarab system, it just pushes several systems into one unified system that helps cut down on the half dozen ways to manipulate maps into a simplfied version. Crushing previous scarabs into several thousand vieled scarabs that created a ton of work without an easy fix that was easy to fix (automating the change, particularly for those with a Fragments tab, a way to unveil more than one at a time, etc) wasn't particularly well thought out, but this game NEEDS every chance to simplify and unify systems.

Also the reduction of FOMO of the 'wizard chores' that any daily quest system creates I appreciate.

It takes some serious mental gymnastics to think the new scarab system is in any way simplified.
General discussion gaming forums are almost always a cesspit of ignorance and trolls.
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
"
TiLung wrote:

CALLED IT

https://steamcharts.com/app/238960

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Literally

" L I T E R A L L Y "

xd
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Angrybagel wrote:

It takes some serious mental gymnastics to think the new scarab system is in any way simplified.

Achshully... I would think something like this would be trivial to just objectively prove beyond any uncertainty at all? No need for just empty cocksure statements from people acting like they are the gatekeeper of reality, as if there's no easy way to just measure this shit. So lets do that:

Sextants:
1 Go to Atlas and put in voidstones
1a Know and understand the implications of what most sextant mods do because a lot of them are not obvious/interactions or have abstract value you find out with wiki or meta knowledge.
2 roll blocking mods over and over (again learn which are the common mods you want to block see Step 1a)
3 roll desired mods until you got mods you want
4 keep doing that until
5 you get
6 mods you want
7 oh there it is
8 okay next one
???

Meta Steps:

Nth step: mentally track or check (and recheck if like me you doubt yourself or easily forget trivial numbers) remaining charges on previous sextants.

Nth+1 (Final step of however many that might have been) reroll as needed during the mapping process by repeating the simple steps of moving voidstones placing blockers and rerolling...

Okay in fairness step Nth+1 was actually all the steps repeated again so basically the last step multiplies ALL THE PREVIOUS steps (however many that might be) every Nth time you run out of charges.

And now by way of fair and objective comparison lets break down scarabs:

1. pick your scarabs (which mostly clearly say what they do) and run the map.

Okay... Nth+1 steps compounded versus one step. I admit I'm a little out of touch with the meta playing mostly ruthless the last 4 or 5 leagues but I'm going to go out on a limb anyway and say that Nth+1 is objectively more complicated than 1 step.

"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
Last edited by alhazred70 on May 2, 2024, 5:04:47 PM
In case of trade league it's just a failed reworked mechanic, because you didn't roll for your desired sextants, you trade, same as for scarabs now, in 2000 veiled scarabs i got only 2 nameless seer scarabs .... and of course all he had for me - Nameless seer was dot dot dot xD
We should not seek to use this power to change those around us, no... This power is a means for us to change ourselves. To be reborn as Wraeclast intends us to be. - The Slaying of the Gods //Oshabi//
Last edited by CarpeDiem444 on May 2, 2024, 5:15:34 PM
"
Angrybagel wrote:
"
Yeah getting a chance to actually play with it, I do prefer the new Scarab system, it just pushes several systems into one unified system that helps cut down on the half dozen ways to manipulate maps into a simplfied version. Crushing previous scarabs into several thousand vieled scarabs that created a ton of work without an easy fix that was easy to fix (automating the change, particularly for those with a Fragments tab, a way to unveil more than one at a time, etc) wasn't particularly well thought out, but this game NEEDS every chance to simplify and unify systems.

Also the reduction of FOMO of the 'wizard chores' that any daily quest system creates I appreciate.

Someone beat me to responding to this, but they explained it pretty well. It curshed several systems into a 'put in scarab and go'. There's a little thought in there about how compounding effects may screw you (i.e Abyss Scarab + Abyss of Multitudes + Abyss of Profound Depths could make a map you're not ready for). But this is true (and harder to decern) in the previous system.
And can we talk about how much stash tab the new system saves?

I had one quad reserved for sextants... sorting that shit was NOT fun.
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info