T17 Post patch is too difficult for new players who are getting into them now...

I was almost ready for T17 before this weeks patch I could get through the maps but the boss was too difficult, now with the 2 forced t17 mods I'm barely able to the map mobs let alone the boss.. Feels bad.
Last bumped on Apr 30, 2024, 7:42:07 AM
T17 maps are not meant for new players.
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
"
ArtCrusade wrote:

is there an official statement about that from ggg?
"There are Penalties in the Game, no one's complaining about them"
Chris Wilson Exilecon 2019
Aren't tier 17 maps required to be finished atleast once before getting your 5th map unlock? Its not 5-way anymore or is that still a alternative route?
Last edited by marfjuhhh on Apr 12, 2024, 12:51:48 PM
"
marfjuhhh wrote:
Aren't tier 17 maps required to be finished atleast once before getting your 5th map unlock? Its not 5-way anymore or is that still a alternative route?

If you want 5th slot you have to be good enough to beat t17 (or buy it in trade), but it would be better if t17 would be locked as solo maps. T17s are indeed not meant for new players.
Biggest compliments for my crafted items - "bs, they must have been RMT'ed"

I'm disabled, I have rare case of semperduravera, so I can write things that may look rude, but it is because of disability - I'm forced to tell truth using words you may not like.
"
Wladicorist1 wrote:
"
ArtCrusade wrote:

is there an official statement about that from ggg?

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/2097350903

1:53:35 onwards

"New tier of difficulty"
"Expected to be hard"
"Primary way of acquiring uber boss fight keys"
"Between pinnacle and uber pinnacles"

New players don't do uber pinnacle bosses. New players also won't complete T17 maps in week 2 of a new season
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
3rd map lost to the bullshit T17 stuff. I am so extremely angry right now its beyond frustrating. And they choose to lock the 5th map unlock behind this crap content.
Last edited by marfjuhhh on Apr 12, 2024, 2:01:00 PM
Did anyone even play test catarina in ziggurat? WOW that is a terrible fight, I have no problems and can do any of the other 17 bosses but this one is awful. its not a map mods problem either, the area is too small the adds do more damage than her and spam abilities while catarina spams aoe.
T17 is not at all balanced.

So... quick breakdown (I am by no means an expert in building)

My character has ~150k effective hp against shaper according to poeninja, this of course does not take into account things like ehp gain on block, charges etc.

Currently as the build is, it can literally kill guardian pinnacle bosses while being afk just by damage on block from tempest shield. These bosses cannot get the build down to even. 90% ES.

The build can facetank anything and everything up to delve depth ~600, which at that depth means the monsters have +1160% increased damage as per the delve scaling information from poedb.

On non uber versions of bosses, it can tank shaper beam from start to finish, take a shaper slam with hardly losing 10% ES and elder is a complete joke.

Maven encounters it can eat every single orb from cascade of pain and still keep on kicking. Fireball to the face? no problem. Stand still mechanic = doesn't do any damage at all.

Exarch and eater it can tank every mechanic without straight up dying.

Now for the fun part:
T17's

Absolutely get @ss F*cked by 3 mobs on roids, randomly get hit by meteors because I need a chaos flask up for the build to function, drowning orbs on petrification.

While fighting a pack of super strong mobs shaper shows up and adds a little lazer damage just as an extra f*ck you.

Union of souls? Just scrap the map, it's undoable.
Players cannot block, regen ES or supress spell damage with +3x curses and oh let's also add cannot regen mana and life + the final map boss is joined by a synthesis boss, but like any good commercial - THAT'S NOT ALL; the bosses are also possessed.

When you manage to roll an "easier" T17 - you get to the boss and there is absolutely no way to:
1.) get out of the way of some mechanics due to other crap happening on the screen which is deadly.
2.) cannot even tank 1-2 boss hits?!

I don't understand how this is bridging content from T16 to ubers, this is the most confusing league I've ever seen in poe, and I've been playing since the start. :(

Edit:
Finally cleared one, the cortex boss one appears to be slightly easier than the rest.
Last edited by wilcoscheepers07601 on Apr 12, 2024, 2:48:24 PM
"
My character has ~150k effective hp against shaper according to poeninja, this of course does not take into account things like ehp gain on block, charges etc.

You're overestimating your character's damage mitigation (not avoidance) by a lot. Having no quality on your main 6l gems and using flasks from act 4 probably doesn't help.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info