Shadow ban, beware.

"
lagwin1980 wrote:

It was so long ago, like 8 years or something

I hope this detection is still working. The whole point of that was to remove botter's loot silently when the client is active. In most cases botters run several copies of the game (from 4 to ~50) on the same machine and don't control the game directly because it even doesn't have models, lightning, particles and other stuff. After 24 hours of farming they discover some of their bot-controlled game processes don't brought any valuable loot. So they wasted their time. This is good idea with vibe of trolling them. But sure, GGG could ban the botter instead of making his drop trashy. As you understand it will have weaker effect on them.
Absolutely love the idea of dynamically nerfing droprates for bots. But then you can't confirm or deny it.

Anyway, some years ago I installed PoE on a laptop with a weak GPU (GT640MLE) and was looking for ways to tone down graphics settings but couldn't find anything. Are there any guides for that.
So, they can't detect bots fast enough to insta ban them. This means that detection mechanism/script is far from perfect and they will have to sort lots of false positive issues by support. So instead they decide to cut loot, even false positive, and you playing for weeks getting nothing, wondering WTF is going on, and everybody is telling you "this is just a bad luck dude". Good approach right?
"
cursorTarget wrote:
"
lagwin1980 wrote:

It was so long ago, like 8 years or something

I hope this detection is still working.

I went on a wee trip down memory lane (old posts) so this was sometime between 2013 and 2014.

Posts like i don't get any currency dropping, i can't find GGG confirmation past GGG telling the person to email then and they would look into it (fix it) and some posts stating it was fixed or a player was banned.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1097799

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/546160

To me it looks like GGG were getting more aggressive on their detection methods, possibly over tuned in some cases, the fact that you don't really see it now is more likely because they either straight up ban than restrict drops or that those that cheat know they won't get away with playing innocent.

"
Emperor_home wrote:
So, they can't detect bots fast enough to insta ban them.=

They can, hence i was banned for no reason posts that keep happening every league start, also restricting drops limits the impact a bot can have on the game and gives GGG an opportunity to monitor a bot, how it moves and how it interacts with things and adjust their detection methods accordingly, it's also a bit cat and mouse, bots will alter how they do things and GGG have to catch up.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Apr 21, 2024, 7:03:00 AM
Banning bots on sight takes away too much resources. Even more so if you do it on a case by case basis. Restricting them and banning in waves is the more sensible approach and has become the industry standard for almost two decades now. In other words if your account isn't banned randomly you're very likely not restricted and indeed just have bad luck.

"
Santoryu1001 wrote:
"
hyttemaier wrote:
It is called RNG :-) sometimes you are lucky sometimes not, there isent anything magical about it, best you can do is kill more monsters, eventualy something will drop.

I'm farming t16 with strongboxes and pack size right now with my second char. /kills - 479040. No one dinive, no one good div card. Few leagues ago I had same situation, and I started receiving some good loot immediately after I bought the support pack after 1 week wo anything. Say more about "kill more monsters".

I dident buy any supporter pack this league (yet), got around 10 divine drops raw, its random, but if you want to get rich in this game its not about divine drops, i earned just about 100 divines on selling 10-100C items, random shit that dropped, jewels, suppress gear, clusters, its really the small sales that just add up.
I always suspected something like this but with increased dmg taken buff and dmg penalty or something but for saying something on forums :D
Last edited by Ispita on Apr 24, 2024, 6:49:44 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info