Fair warning to GGG about egotistical feedback calling developers egotistical.

Egotistical feedback with intent to destroy/undermine the game calling devs 'egotistical' = contradiction.

All feedback is important. And yes it's very much important to not ignore feedback from users who are actively playing the game. And how they feel. Just treat it with a mountain sized grain of salt. That aside, there is much importance to consideration for those who would like to play the game, find the design of the game to be amazing, but are not playing the game. Because of years of getting undermined as a game.

Here are quotes from Ruthless description - "reaching higher acts is an achievement' + "items are felt as valuable". I'm a dungeon master. I design games and worlds all the time. This is a base quality standard for any rpg game. Every level through progression is meaningful. So why is this quality standard specific to Ruthless? Other than because it's not the quality standard of the base default mode?

Many active users enjoy zoom style. Likewise are also by vast majority, perhaps 90%, are power leveling through the game. They don't see it as a game. But a chore. A roadblock to be bypassed. The less engagement, the better it is for them. So they rather the game get undermined (watered down) to make it more convenient to bypass.

Those who play a power leveling style are the inverse in numbers of arpg/rpg fans who are interested in playing an interesting arpg. I would estimate these fans make up 90% of the potential user base who are simply not playing PoE. In fact, uninstalling it pretty much as soon as it gets installed. The inherent design is amazing. But the balance is pretty much set to frivolous mode.

A developer/dungeon master has a dilemma. He cannot play the game he created. But he can enjoy play testing it by putting himself in the shoes of the user to see if it would be enjoyable. Similar concept applies to a perspective from already beating the game. Even multiple times or dozens or hundreds.

A perspective after beating the game many times with only intent to rush the game rather than play it = not a perspective of playing through and enjoying the game.

Somebody egotistical is using dissonance to ignore the importance of improving the quality of the game. Rather wants to destroy the game by damaging it to the point of being extremely convenient to bypass. So that it gets so bad and becomes such a joke that it ends up being called a tutorial. By never putting themselves in the shoes of anybody who is interested in actually playing through an interesting arpg. A quote from above describing 90% of the potential userbase who are not playing this game. Because of not being a worthwhile arpg.

Egotistical= constantly demeaning dev diplomacy and PR. I agree devs should not be deceptive. However, their business is completely fueled by active user numbers. They have to at least communicate in a manner that will not pis off these egotistical types. Which includes the largest YT hosts. Especially when viewers just follow everything they say. Despite being told over and over do not listen to most of what these online hosts are on about. Or how they're playing. They have beaten the game hundreds of times. Some have levels of cognitive dissonance to the point of derangement. Yes they can give good advice. Especially for post game content. But it's important for viewers to watch any YT with a huge grain of salt.

Anybody thinking clearly on Reddit? It's pretty far fetched. But the real question is about what devs can do to improve the main base game. They have a base game that cannot and should never have been undermined for any reason. When it comes to online sustainability, additional content is extremely important. Such as post game Atlas that devs refer to as "endgame". And seasonal Challenge Leagues.

But there's nothing more important than the actual main game. This is what everybody will be playing. This is what everybody is looking at for quality when installing an enjoyable arpg to pay through. Especially noteworthy is the first three acts. Namely the first.

So it's the ones who aren't acting like egomaniacs who are putting themselves in the shoes of those who have not already beaten the game multiple times. It's an older game by now. But there are still many things that can improve it after so many mistakes over the years that have done more damage to it than good. So the most important focus for devs is actually making it a real game.

This means improving balance. So it's not extreme levels of superfluous exp or loot. As well as user engagement. Which is really helpful with the lanterns. Including somebody mentioning in chat they enjoy how lanterns give info on enemies.

You also have to be wary of loaded statements like slow, tedious, grindy. Because when cognitive dissonance is involved. It actually has nothing to do with the quality of the game. But inconvenience of power levelers to bypass it. Rather than play it.

TLDR = All feedback should be considered. But not from trolls. They have no real intelligence to offer because they have no real intelligence. So their only possible method of communication is to respond with glib troll remarks/abuse. Because it's the only thing they know how to do. A troll's only intent is to antagonize (including bait questions). To trash/shit on everything. Of course it's because they can only talk what they are.
Last edited by Crimlet on Apr 2, 2024, 12:32:03 PM
Last bumped on Apr 2, 2024, 11:10:25 PM
A giant essay isn't good feedback.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
TLDR added.
I found this essay to be a difficult read due to oddly placed periods breaking sentence structure.
does anyone actually read posts like these all the way through?
"
superbomb1967 wrote:
I found this essay to be a difficult read due to oddly placed periods breaking sentence structure.

I find this post to be a perfect example of why a TLDR was needed to explain the only intent of the category of users who devs should never consider in regards to feed back.
Last edited by Crimlet on Apr 2, 2024, 12:47:38 PM
"
Imaginaerum wrote:

No why do you think Mark said he doesn't wanna read giant walls of text dude lol
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Imaginaerum wrote:

Sometimes it depends on whether it can actually just be summarised or not, some longform posts have excellent content others are just wordy.

I don't think OP has anything to worry about either way, all developers have to deal with trolls if their work is consumed by the public you get used to ignoring them - the real downside is that it makes access harder for the actually high quality feedback.
i ain't reading allat
"
Crimlet wrote:
"
superbomb1967 wrote:

I find this post to be a perfect example of why a TLDR was needed to explain the only intent of the category of users who devs should never consider in regards to feed back.

devs don't wanna read long ass post either nobody does actually
Last edited by CAPSLOCK_ON on Apr 2, 2024, 1:56:23 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info