Sudden Game Stutter/Unexpected Disconnects And CPU MS Spikes Every Few Minutes, Need Help!

I log into the game and play for a bit then suddenly the game freezes and slows down everything including the video I'm playing on my 2nd screen. The game is unplayable because it happens every time I log in and try to play. Is there any way to solve this problem? I've tried the methods pinned on this forum. Can I get a developer's response? I've tried all the methods listed at the top.

Laptop Specifications:
CPU: 11th Gen Intel(R) Core i9 @2.50GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU
RAM: 31.77 GB

Game Settings: I played around with most of them and adjusted them from high to low and vice-versa, I still get the same problem, these CPU spikes started occurring last year and still haven't been patched or resolved, my other games run fine.

Video: https://youtu.be/P8nXD-A_twI
Image: The red bar on top constantly shoots up, making the game unplayable until I switch modes from turbo to extreme on my laptop.
Last edited by Solo_Player_8 on Apr 13, 2024, 9:49:35 PM
Last bumped on Apr 22, 2024, 11:06:26 PM
The game is still unplayable even after the recent patch, log into the game and it runs fine for a few minutes, then the CPU and latency spike up and the game freezes and slows down my whole laptop.
same problem here(after the previous patch). get into maps and the latency spikes to 10k+. totally unable to play. I've tried changing to DX12 and Vulkan with no luck. the new patch hasn't fist this issue.
Same here. So many times I have joined into a map and it just slows, graphics go pixalated, then freezes. My specs are decent too, so its not reeally an issue on that end.
same here
I am still experiencing this problem as of the most recent patch, the game runs fine in turbo mode, then after a couple of minutes the CPU latency spikes up and my whole laptop slows down and makes the game unplayable until I switch modes.
same here. ever since prepatch for tota league 3.22 i get CPU spikes to 100% regularly.
-> when entering a new zone
-> when another player enters my ho
-> when big slams or bossmechanics occur on screen as well as league mechanics that spawn lots of enemiey like altar spawn/beyond spawn
-> game crashes when too many things happen at once, e.g. intervention npcs spawn when something else is already happening
-> Game becomes unplayable in bossfight due to CPU overload @ every big mechanic
-> my internet connectivity is 10/10
-> only poe has this problem

im plerplexed why the CPU overloads.
i powered through the last leagues using my awesome guild to help me out but i cant do it anymore. the game is unplayable.

i tried:
- disable sound effects in config.ini -> helped a little, didnt fix
- using all 3 graphics renderers -> directx 11 is still the best performer, didnt fix
- updating all graphic and sound related drivers -> didnt fix
- reinstalling POE -> didnt fix
- disabling NVIDIA sound devices -> didnt fix(there were issues reported by other players regarding nvidia sound)
- tuning down all graphics to lowest possible -> didnt fix
- setting NVIDIA control to maximum performance -> didnt fix
pls help
- switching servers, didnt fix
- verifying game files game files, didnt fix

some system specs:
intel core i5-6600(skylake - s) CPU - 4 Cores
MSI Z170-A PRo Motherboard
32GB DDR4 SDRAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 TI Graphics card

some graphic options in game:
Windowed fullscreen (this is undebatable. the amount of websites/3rd party tools required to play are nuts and wont work in no windowmode)
1920x 1080 resolution
Vsync off
triple buffering on
foreground fps cap enabled @ 120fps
background fps cap enabled @ 10 fps
antialiasing: low
lighting: shadows
waterdetail: low
texture quality: medium
texture filtering : 16x
dynamic culling enabled
dynamic resolution enabled
multithreading enabled
channel count low
sound effects disabled
Jener glaubt etwas zu wissen, weiß aber nichts, ich weiß zwar auch nichts, glaube aber auch nichts zu wissen.-Sokrates-
Last edited by Sokr4tis on Apr 8, 2024, 9:11:44 AM
Damn guess we're both unable to enjoy this game, is anybody else experiencing similar problems? I'm hoping for a GGG post for an idea about how to fix this. I literally can't play this game on my laptop, it seems like it's some CPU problem. Cause only my red CPU bar goes up and slows down everything every few minutes.
Last edited by Solo_Player_8 on Apr 8, 2024, 11:37:32 PM
Yep, the game is still freezing once in a while, and the random CPU latency spike that slows down and almost freezes my whole laptop is making this game unplayable and unenjoyable, is there any fix?
"
Solo_Player_8 wrote:
Yep, the game is still freezing once in a while, and the random CPU latency spike that slows down and almost freezes my whole laptop is making this game unplayable and unenjoyable, is there any fix?

What CPU does your laptop have? What other specs (GPU, RAM etc)?
😹😹😹😹😹
I do not and will not use TFT.
Gaming Granny :D
🐢🐢🐢🪲🪲🪲

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info