GGG Needs to ban more often

"
PyleWarlord wrote:
bs, i've hit multiple 100's without macros.. other than /hideout that is

And who said you cannot reach 100 w.o using macros?
"
ExsiliumUltra wrote:
so much use of AHK and other hacks. Makes trying to play legitimate a joke.
Actually based take. I hope they're being more strict with PoE2.
AHK is not a hack. It's just a script that presses buttons most of the time and is also used for the poe-racing.com overlay. You are allowed to use makros for Path of Exile as long as they only take one action. That's why you can't use e.g. a flask makro or a clicker tool for trades (that'd be considered cheating)
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
Honestly I have seen plenty of smaller streamers use maphacks, sometimes they do get banned. The fact some of the mirror crafting people skirted the line for so long with TOS stuff is kind of embarrassing for GGG. Not going to name names, but a lot of the mirror crafting community breaks rules on the daily. It makes sense, the way the game works normally just doesn't allow for them to do what they want to do. It is up to GGG to enforce their rules or not, I don't really care either way until it messes with my game experience.

In Affliction a lot of players were hacking to see the layout of the wildwood, Reddit had some interesting self reporting screenshots. Not the biggest deal but very telling of some people.

I think AHK and some macros are like a grey area, technically they could be against tos, but GGG doesn't enforce it unless you do something they consider across the line. And the line isn't really set in stone.

I think for gauntlets and races they should have a no 3rd party app rule, no pob, no lootfilters, no macro logout that kind of thing. But to enforce that they would have to make a separate client that has some sort of observer just for that. it is a lot of work.

I don't think GGG should trust the community tools as much as they do, it would be relatively simple for a bad actor to really mess up POE's brand.
"
Nubatron wrote:
"
RitualMurder wrote:
OH NO these guys over there are cheating in a pve game! that means that i cant.... THey can.... wait it doesnt affect my gameplay? I can just play the game anyway?

oh

It is a multiplayer game with impacts to others through farming more efficiently that directly impacts the shared economy. So it does matter somewhat in that regard.

nothing about the economy affects your gameplay. Unless you only care about seeing a large amount of div in your currency tab. People complete the game just fine in ssf without an economy to baby them along through trade. Being in trade alone is enough
(سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س
"
RitualMurder wrote:

nothing about the economy affects your gameplay. Unless you only care about seeing a large amount of div in your currency tab. People complete the game just fine in ssf without an economy to baby them along through trade. Being in trade alone is enough

Love it or hate it, the economy means every drop potentially has value. The value of those items is impacted by the saturation of the market. More efficient farming saturates the market faster. Cheating to create more efficiency saturates the market even faster and impacts anyone participating in the economy as a buyer or seller.
Last edited by Nubatron on Mar 28, 2024, 2:33:35 PM
"
Nubatron wrote:
"
RitualMurder wrote:

Love it or hate it, the economy means every drop potentially has value. The value of those items is impacted by the saturation of the market. More efficient farming saturates the market faster. Cheating to create more efficiency saturates the market even faster and impacts anyone participating in the economy as a buyer or seller.

which again, affects nothing about your gameplay unless you play the game only for your currency tab
(سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س
"
RitualMurder wrote:
"
Nubatron wrote:
"
RitualMurder wrote:

which again, affects nothing about your gameplay unless you play the game only for your currency tab

PSA: your account doesn't exist in a vaccuum
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
Oh no, someone is using AHK in a PvE game... I'm so outraged.

/s
PoE Enjoyer for over a decade, and counting...
"
Aynix wrote:
"
PyleWarlord wrote:
bs, i've hit multiple 100's without macros.. other than /hideout that is

And who said you cannot reach 100 w.o using macros?

Perhaps his point was that macros are not needed for anything.
I know I never needed any and never will.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info