New and Changed Scarabs in Path of Exile: Necropolis

Bonkers league inc q__q
What no one seems to be mentioning is the huge nerf to modifiers on maps. you used to have 4 modifiers with sextants and 4 with scarabs...now down 4 modifiers. Which is a massive downgrade.
"
Platonx wrote:
I can see people are using arguments here that those sextants nerfs were compensated by new atlas passives tree. Most of that compensation is done by adding new branches on that tree. It only means that you will need to allocate additional points there and number of points did no increase (beside that one notable that's adding 20 passive points but you can't use scarabs).

They also buffed a large number of passives so you already get more out of small passives you would have picked anyways since they are on the way to notables.

"
This isn't a simplification, it's a removal of choice disguised as a quality of life feature yet they know deep down what they really did to endgame juicing by removing the sextants. Read this over for me

They added plenty of new clusters on the tree. So you get more choices. The additional points you need to spend are compensated by buffing plenty of small nodes.
For scarabs that say limit:4

Does that mean I can use 4 of the scarab in 1 stack + 3 additional different scarabs?

Or do those 4 each take one slot, so I will have no more room for other scarab?

Thanks! and super kick ass job on the new league!
Regarding:
"
Rogue Exiles in Area have a 30% chance to be replaced with a Rogue Giant

Could you confirm if this is a per Area or per Rogue Exile basis?

I assume it aplies per Rogue Exile due to the "have" being alligned with the plural (Rogue Exiles) and not the singular (Area).
I like the changes, looks very nice for SSF players like me. Will be more fun and easier to target farm some items, good job GGG
"
For scarabs that say limit:4

Does that mean I can use 4 of the scarab in 1 stack + 3 additional different scarabs?

Or do those 4 each take one slot, so I will have no more room for other scarab?

Thanks! and super kick ass job on the new league!

It's the second case.
Last edited by Nanimonai3 on Mar 29, 2024, 3:24:11 AM
The more I look over and read what they changed this new system to, the worse it gets. The amount of good provided by sextants in terms of pack size, magic find, etc. is gone. Read through some of these new scarabs they added, instead of having a system where you can get progressively better scarabs in higher tiers of maps or more difficult content, now they made it so that the scarabs just offer different things that you can do with the content. A lot of which, you will never use.

For instance, you used to progressively get more rare drops from the elder scarab or you would get more divination cards or more unique drops changed by a percentage depending on the tier of the scarab. Now instead, they just offer different things and I can guarantee a good amount of these scarabs will not be used or touched by a lot of people.

This means that it's a double, maybe even triple nerf because now you will have to hope that you are dropping the scarabs you actually need because the rest of them won't be used and accordingly, this will make the scarabs that were previously used even as a rusted version, much more expensive.

It's such a huge nerf that it comes off devious if I'm being honest. And to actually label this as a Quality of Life feature comes off as nefarious.
🔷🔶🔰🌀✨Standard>Leagues✨🌀🔰🔶🔷
🔷🔶🔰🌀✨Make trade like the Grand Exchange from RuneScape✨🌀🔰🔶🔷

Let us zoom out more. Bring back: 32:9, Heist Alt Quality Gems, Sextants, Gear Enchanting, Prophecy, Perandus, Metamorph, Scourge, Sentinel, Kalandra & Crucible. Stop removing content from the game.
Last edited by MLGonthorian on Mar 29, 2024, 6:15:09 AM
"
MLGonthorian wrote:
The more I look over and read what they changed this new system to, the worse it gets. The amount of good provided by sextants in terms of pack size, magic find, etc. is gone. Read through some of these new scarabs they added, instead of having a system where you can get progressively better scarabs in higher tiers of maps or more difficult content, now they made it so that the scarabs just offer different things that you can do with the content. A lot of which, you will never use.

For instance, you used to progressively get more rare drops from the elder scarab or you would get more divination cards or more unique drops changed by a percentage depending on the tier of the scarab. Now instead, they just offer different things and I can guarantee a good amount of these scarabs will not be used or touched by a lot of people.

This means that it's a double, maybe even triple nerf because now you will have to hope that you are dropping the scarabs you actually need because the rest of them won't be used and accordingly, this will make the scarabs that were previously used even as a rusted version, much more expensive.

It's such a huge nerf that it comes off devious if I'm being honest. And to actually label this as a Quality of Life feature comes off as nefarious.

Play the league. Make a spreadsheet, prove that the system is bad.

And also watch the interview between Zizaran and Neon(Mark Roberts)

He explains the validity of freeing up design space (like getting rid of a system like sextants) so later down the line they can fill that space with a new and better system instead of just stacking systems on top of each other adding a copious amount of content bloat.

I know change scares most people. But without pruning some systems we would still have stuff like atlas regions, prophecies, sextant blocking, crafted watchstones, atlas influence management (elder vs shaper) and many others in the game. Imagine having to juggle all that at once just so you can map at a rewarding level.
Last edited by plushysheep on Mar 29, 2024, 6:28:13 AM
just 1 problem... no HEIST SCARABS!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info