I want to really dive into this game

"
"
Splat_86 wrote:
i was invested and playing World of Warcraft, the classic version but i can't support them anymore as a company, i tried look at new or other hack and slash games like Diablo 4

You're not making any sense, as Diablo 4 is from the same company... o_O

I tried D4 at the same time i was still playing WoW.
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
Splat_86 wrote:
Is there a place where i can look for a nice guild?

Sure, Guilds have their own sub forum here on the forums. Forum - Index - Guilds.

Two tips:
Be willing to learn
Be willing to fail

You'll need the first, you will experience the second. And PoE isn't really an intuitive game, so you will need help in your learning experience, be that from guides, builds, knowledge from other players or websites.

Hello again.

I was wondering, if i wish to play on the Standard league before the new one comes out just to try it out, what changes within the standard league? Are there any viable builds i could try on that one?
"
Splat_86 wrote:

I tried D4 at the same time i was still playing WoW.

the senju guy based on how i see him talking in other topics, he can be unpleasant to interact with. lol

anyway, just my 2cents, get into the game and get on global chat

if you have questions, ask on global. sometimes rather than not, there will be people answering.

you could also try poe subreddit, they have a daily questions thread with people responding rather frequently.

personally i m in a guild but my guild rarely does anything together except for certain boss clears where we all share the achievement.

most of us play solo and just chat or share gear in our guild stash.

i think its find to play without a guild, tho if you can actually find a guild that has active and friendly/helpful members it can help you enjoy the game a great lot.
[Removed by Support]
Probably not the league to jump into with all the "changes". We now have PoE maps Lite and are looking at possibly very expensive crafting. But if you do decide to play be very careful not to use outdated guides ( huge amount of old and useless information out there ).
"
Phrazz wrote:
But my biggest tip? Get yourself a guild. I see you already have one with a semi-cute name, but is it populated by active players?

Sorry, unrelated question, but I'm still learning the ropes around here.

How do you see from his post, that he's in a guild? I clicked over to his character, and I don't see any guild listed anywhere. Obviously, I'm missing something :)

Edit: Never mind, I see it now. So blatantly obvious, the first thing listed, at the top, on the left. Of course I misses it, LOL!!
Last edited by inisfree1952 on Mar 27, 2024, 4:12:40 PM
"
inisfree1952 wrote:
Edit: Never mind, I see it now. So blatantly obvious, the first thing listed, at the top, on the left. Of course I misses it, LOL!!

Well, he's not in a guild anymore :P
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
inisfree1952 wrote:

Well, he's not in a guild anymore :P

Hello again @Phrazz yeah i quit the guild, it was only me in there xD

I was wondering if there are any builds already out for the incoming league and if so where can i find them?
Is maxroll a good website for builds or are there other ones equally or better than this one?
"
Splat_86 wrote:
I was wondering if there are any builds already out for the incoming league and if so where can i find them?
Is maxroll a good website for builds or are there other ones equally or better than this one?

Maxroll can be trusted, and they are pretty quick to archive builds that are no longer considered strong enough. But some of their builds can be a bit technical, but they try their best to explain everything.

Also, there's a lot of content creators posting builds on youtube. Try to stay clear of certain youtube acounts with "builds" in the channel names. Creators I like personally: Fuzzy Duckzy, Zizaran, Subtractem.

You can always look at the build section here on the forums too. Some gems can be found there. I tried one from the forums last league and had a blast. I would reccomend you to first find out what archetype you want to play (ranged, spell, melee, totems, minions) and then find a buildguid within that archetype.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
Splat_86 wrote:

Maxroll can be trusted, and they are pretty quick to archive builds that are no longer considered strong enough. But some of their builds can be a bit technical, but they try their best to explain everything.

Also, there's a lot of content creators posting builds on youtube. Try to stay clear of certain youtube acounts with "builds" in the channel names. Creators I like personally: Fuzzy Duckzy, Zizaran, Subtractem.

You can always look at the build section here on the forums too. Some gems can be found there. I tried one from the forums last league and had a blast. I would reccomend you to first find out what archetype you want to play (ranged, spell, melee, totems, minions) and then find a buildguid within that archetype.

Hello there again, i hope you have a great league start later on :)

About the build topic I'm a sucker for melee xD but i think that melee builds only work with totems no?
"
Splat_86 wrote:
Hello there again, i hope you have a great league start later on :)

About the build topic I'm a sucker for melee xD but i think that melee builds only work with totems no?

Nah...

Some melee skills work fine. But you have two totems (Ancestral Protector and Ancestral Warchief) that you use in your build just because of the passiev damage boosts they give. Because of those massive buffs, 'most' melee builds are using them as a suplement - they are NOT playing a totem build.

I'm also a sucker for melee and will be starting Lightning Strike, either a Raider or a Champion.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info