I really like Diablo 4 and I really like PoE - Why is this a problem?

Simple question. Why do people who primarily play PoE as their ARPG of choice have a problem with people liking Diablo 4?

Can't a person like both games?

This is a genuine question, as I see so much back and forth between poe players and d4 players, specifically on these boards.
Last bumped on Mar 26, 2024, 9:43:22 AM
Its not about Diablo 4. Its about Blizzard and other AAA studios releasing half finished piece of garbage, charging 100$ (or more) for it and calling it a day. Gamers are tired of it and whoever likes, and buys those game just show to those AAA studios thats its ok to do that.
Last edited by Aynix on Mar 26, 2024, 4:12:19 AM
I am actually super happy that D4 exists. For a lot of people it's their first time playing a loot-based ARPG and as soon as they realise it doesn't offer much but want more, they come to play PoE.

Also, competition is good for the market as a whole.

But more to your question @OP: gaming tribalism is a thing generally speaking, but in Blizzard's special case it runs deep. The bad reputation rubs off on players, and supporters of Blizzard will inevitably face some of the harsher criticisms as well. There's a reason why people say vote with your wallet over and over
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
Hi Jaylock..any relation to mmo-champion.com?
"
Jaylock24 wrote:
Simple question. Why do people who primarily play PoE as their ARPG of choice have a problem with people liking Diablo 4?

The only problem I see is that it might be time consuming to play both. Other than that, have at it.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
No problems detected.

Play whatever you like and don't let yourself be affected by some nerds on the internet telling you that it's wrong to like something. Do not gameshame, dudes.

That said; I hate D4 and Blizzard with a passion, and that goes for everyone playing their games, especially D4.

The last part was a joke, BTW...
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:
That said; I hate D4 and Blizzard with a passion, and that goes for everyone playing their games, especially D4.

The last part was a joke, BTW...

Hey, no reason to mince words. Honesty is a virtue!
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
"
Jaylock24 wrote:

You absolutely can like both games. That's not the issue.

The issue is that people keep buying these AAA-priced, MTX-filled tech demos in the first place which essentially tells other companies that it's okay to release a game in an unplayable state and charge full price for it while having day 1 mtx in a single player game.

Personally I've not bought or played D4. I find it far more entertaining to not spend the money and instead just read the angry people threads. Apparently the game is still in a beta state right now but people are excited for testservers. Seems redundant but what do I know. :^)
Generally speaking no one has a problem with people who like Diablo 4 apart from maybe some Internet weirdos. What people have a problem with is Diablo 4 itself and Blizzard.

For me D4 is hot garbage no matter how I look at it, and it seems the devs keep shooting themselves in the leg. But the saddest part is that D4 was not made by some indie company, but by a gaming giant that had all means and resources to make the game right. And they simply failed to deliver.

But there's absolutely nothing wrong about liking D4, or both games, or liking D4 more, or liking D4 and hate PoE. All good. Enjoy your games however you like them, and don't allow Internet weirdos to take away your fun. What does it matter what anyone thinks of the game if you enjoy it?
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
Hey, no reason to mince words. Honesty is a virtue!

Nah, I do honestly dislike Blizzard these days, but whoever having fun playing their games? Good for them. I'm sure people are having fun with EA and Ubisoft games too.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info