Heist will be left out in 3.24

I wanted to clarify myself here:

First and foremost, i did not propose the idea of buffing the atlas nodes because of profit and such. However, it's about consistency.

For me it feels out of place and unlogical.
You delete sextants completely and rework scarabs and tweak the atlas tree to accomodate for the changes. This in itself is totally fine, i like it, it simplifies some steps.

But when it comes to compensate the losses, you take every(?) touched mechanic into consideration but Heist?
You can get 100% chance on all masters, delirium, breach, expeditions and so on. This all without the need of the mechanic-block-notables.
And Heist? Well 40%, thats all you get. Oh and what about scarabs? Yeah naa, no scarabs for Heist either buddy.

Like i already mentioned, i hope GGG adresses this inconsistency at least a little bit, easiest way would probably be to buff the atlas node to match the other mechanics.
But as always, let's see what GGG is up to. Maybe something didnt get announced so far that contains relevant information for this circumstance.
The implicit problem on contract eaysilly can sort out on the same way like maps vaal changes, Just made the vaal orb give as 100% chance on contract 1 of the 5 implicit. thank you:)
I don't know where they could fit Heist in the new scarab fragment page. They did actually said in the latest Mark~Ziz interview that they had a lot more scarabs designed but didn't make the cut.
I really [really] want the implicit contracts to be a thing.. maybe also buff the atlas to be in line with other mechanics
"
TiberiuMa wrote:
I don't know where they could fit Heist in the new scarab fragment page. They did actually said in the latest Mark~Ziz interview that they had a lot more scarabs designed but didn't make the cut.
I really [really] want the implicit contracts to be a thing.. maybe also buff the atlas to be in line with other mechanics

Literally just add to the map device with the heist mod (in addition to the caches).

"Contracts found in map have an implicit modifier"

Problem solved.
think about, someone already mentioned the prices of tailor temper orbs and replicas, but i mention a top on that 2 more thing, the heist was the main scources of stacked decks and gemcutter prisms too. if nothing changed for 21/20 gems may we have to pay double prices in this season..
I really don't think a time crunch could account for the Heist oversights; something this fundamental to a recently-reworked mechanic just simply wouldn't be ignored or cut for time. A balance adjustment this large can only come from an intentioned design choice.

That leaves me wondering: Did Heist really need a nerf? I was making between 6-12 div an hour (depending on the gear and luck) and the content already wasn't that strategically interesting. The contract implicits at least gave you some autonomy for how you went about rebuilding your BP support (markers and reveals). Now what? The process is even more tedious. It's just jam deception basic contracts (all others feel so much worse now) and go - over and over and over.

They homogenized the Grand Heist wings and made things so much less interesting, and now they've homogenized the contract running process as well. I was already on the fence, but I think I'll be running a different strat this league despite my interest in chasing some lotto drops. No implicits is just too painful a thought if you're looking to efficiently engage with the mechanic.

"
Taelis wrote:

Literally just add to the map device with the heist mod (in addition to the caches).

"Contracts found in map have an implicit modifier"

Problem solved.

This is a bandaid approach but better than nothing. But I don't see them rushing to add it this league.

It doesn't address the fact heist is the only content you cannot guarantee to appear in a map from just using atlas points.

It's laughable to think they balanced it around heist being too profitable. It's probably the most RNG-based content in the entire game. It takes a huge amount of setup. Unlock rogues, level rogues, gear rogues, run contracts for reveals, farm or buy markers, reveal blueprints/assign rogues, finally run content. And then the end rewards in a blueprint are entirely random (and generally populated with 1c uniques, often duplicated in the same wing). And somehow it's overpowered to allow our atlas to guarantee one contract per map? Or have some way to get contracts with implicits?

For those of you that do stick with it, absolutely charge a premium for those GCPss, orbs and 1-in-1,000 replicas you happen chance into. Not even mentioning the 1-in 3,000+ wings simplex.
Last edited by plz on Mar 27, 2024, 7:21:29 PM
I guess Heist is the problematic step child GGG would like us to forget even is a thing. Suprising that "everything" got some scarab love except Heist.
Last edited by Kamro on Mar 28, 2024, 2:56:35 AM
yikes no implicits on contracts but we get "super exciting" stuff like clusters of barrels, mirrored monster packs or tormented spirits. These get their scarabs, heist does not get anything.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info