Trade Site Bug - Has Zero Influences returns no results

In SQL, when searching for missing entries from one table in another, the INNER JOIN only returns matching rows, making it difficult to identify missing entries. Conversely, the LEFT JOIN returns all rows from the left table and matched rows from the right table, with NULL values for non-matching entries. However, LEFT JOINs can be computationally more expensive, requiring a balance between accuracy and efficiency in query design.

Translation to PoE:

null is not 0. When a stat is missing, you would have to make the query much more complex and costly to give the expected result. On a scale of the trade items, this will probably render the website unusable.
Or you can make a calculated column of influence count. No performance hit.

or you can add a warning to an end user that zero values wont work
etc.

I've had 25 years in the IT game with top tier companies and this is why I don't let devs talk to customers. A BA would go "yeah, that's not intuitive. What can we do." The dev goes "works as designed" or "techno reasons".
This is why I also don't let my customers design our IT programs because if I implemented every feature they requested, the Start menu and desktop would have over 300 default links/icons for them to search through to find theirs for starters.

It's not one stat, it's nearly every stat, including future stats that don't exist yet that have to be modified for this one specific search that already works via Not.

And a typical user that is trying to narrow down non-influenced items should be able to extrapolate when their search goes from a bunch of influenced items to none when they look for influenced max 0.. oh wait, my searched items disappeared.. must have done something wrong.
"
blackdeath101 wrote:
This is why I also don't let my customers design our IT programs

Yes, that's why I didn't say customer. I said BA. It stands for Business Analyst.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info