How is nobody talking about atlas map nodes being removed?

I truly hope this is just a mistake with the planners. But both Maxroll and POE Planner atlas trees have taken all of the map duplication & connected small nodes away. Replaced with generic 3% scarabs found in your map small nodes.

Did searches on the patch notes, but couldn't find this mentioned anywhere. If true, this will put a LOT less maps into circulation and make sustain quite difficult.
Last bumped on Mar 27, 2024, 3:30:24 PM
If true, perhaps Cartography scarabs are getting juiced. Something akin to:

#% more maps found in area
#% chance for map drops to be duplicated
That's definitely possible. The new atlas is really pushing scarab use.

https://poeplanner.com/atlas-tree

Check any of the small map nodes from last league and you'll see these are pretty generic replacements. There are still the +1 map tier small nodes. But generic duplication & connections are completely gone.

To your point maybe the carto scarabs will really bump some of these up to 50% or so. I hadn't thought of that.
Guess they didnt like how easy it was to unlock entire atlas SSF.
I take back what I said earlier. Upon further inspection it is a replacement only for the duplicate small passives. The connected nodes are still untouched.

Now firmly in the camp that map duplication is going to be a carto scarab. That was a good assumption.

Really looking forward to seeing the complete list of scarabs. Should lead to a very different looking atlas strategy across the board this league.
fk me. we will need to farm scarabs to be able to farm maps..... it will be dam pain in the ass to sustain maps early on
I did my early prog. tree yesterday and the connected map nodes are still there?

We also gain access to slightly more than 80% map mod effect, guaranteed masters and many many scarabs. I doubt map sustain will be an issue.

Last edited by Scarletsword on Mar 22, 2024, 11:25:37 AM
So many people just saying the new scarabs will solve everything. I guess they didn't think of the fact you'll need to get them from somewhere in the first place. These small nodes in the new tree don't say anything as we don't know the base chance. We all know how useless nodes like Vivid Memories are for example.
Last edited by leto2626 on Mar 25, 2024, 11:11:51 AM
I do worry about the cost of carto scarabs getting kind of high unless the duplicates end up being super common.

The fact that connecting is still a thing definitely helps with unlocking. But early on we could see a bit of a chick & egg scenario.

I guess we are going to have to see how numerous scarabs become and what the market for them looks like first.
"
leto2626 wrote:
So many people just saying the new scarabs will solve everything. I guess they didn't think of the fact you'll need to get them from somewhere in the first place. These small nodes in the new tree don't say anything as we don't know the base chance. We all know how useless nodes like Vivid Memories are for example.

Trade says hi. I will gladly sell you some scarabs.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info