Revert the LMB changes. 99% of players literally hate this. #Selfinventedproblems

Just spoke to my friends about this "little" change and I can safely tell GGG that they either revert this change or none of my friends group are going to play, as long as this will be a thing. People can of course easely solve it by coming up with third party solutions or macros. (aka the numpad trick etc) And they will. With a 100% certainty even if they were to be threatened with bans. It won't matter due to the lack of QoL that this would bring. I am so tired of gaming companies CREATING issues where there are none only to then "be nice guys" as they "create a solution" to the very same problem they literally just created themselves.
You don't get credit for solving things when YOU created the issue in the first place. Nobody views this as an issue of any kind except you wanting to make the players less powerful yet again.
You seriously need to wake up and realise that this might be one of the dumbest things you have gone out with in recent years. At this point I am sorry but I also have to ask. Is it a kink of your's that whenever you have made a successful league where people have had tons of fun, you have a special urge to ruin the next upcoming leagues afterwards? I'm really not trying to be toxic but it is indeed a pattern showing itself time and time again in later years. It's literally like you've got some certain people sitting around a table at HQ going;
It's barely a joke anymore talking about "Chris's vision" about how no fun is allowed cause it seems to actually be true (If it's even him doing it).
You can focus on the tone of the conversation rather than adressing what the players issues are. Just like politicians in real life does, but the truth of the matter is that it won't move you closer to your playerbase in the slightest, quite the opposite in fact. At the end of the day you know this to be a terrible change for overall QoL and playability and the players knows this aswell. I am convinced you guys have intelligent people over there at GGG and there's NO WAY you looked at this, not expecting people to be up in arms about it. There is just NO way that is the case. Unfortunately that fact gets me and other players even MORE upset since it means you are purposefully forcing changes like these down our throats knowing how bad it will feel and how bad it would be for the gaming experience as a whole. At this point im asking you to please realise you made a misstake and revert this change. You "created" a problem, nobody likes it, nobody asked for it, meaning it's only going to harm the player retainability in the upcoming league, after a league that has without a doubt had great success in both funfactor and player retainment. Please GGG, don't screw this up doing stuff like this. If not, then peace.#terriblechangesdeservestobecanned
Last edited by ficklampan85 on Mar 19, 2024, 9:57:56 AM
Last bumped on Mar 19, 2024, 10:02:55 PM
If we're being honest, GGG has moved all their eggs into the 'PoE 2' basket long ago.

If they're cutting this from PoE1, you can bet it's not going to be in PoE 2.

Another piece of honesty: PoE 2 isn't far away. Open beta (the full game, according to GGG) will be in June and the release is to be expected by the end of this year. With Poe 1 Leagues lasting 4 months, we're 2 leagues away from playing a completely different game.

The 'change it or we quit' threat rings a little hollow in the grander scope of what players are going to be doing in just a few months from now.

The community is throwing a temper tantrum. Much of the complaining is hyperbolic. Mathil will release a video saying it's not all that bad and then everyone will calm down because honestly, everyone just follows what streamers say anyway.
PoE2 may have MMO-tier skill rotations for optimal damage so they want us to use more buttons now or pay a QoL fee via support gem tax.
"
muzein wrote:
If we're being honest, GGG has moved all their eggs into the 'PoE 2' basket long ago.

If they're cutting this from PoE1, you can bet it's not going to be in PoE 2.

Another piece of honesty: PoE 2 isn't far away. Open beta (the full game, according to GGG) will be in June and the release is to be expected by the end of this year. With Poe 1 Leagues lasting 4 months, we're 2 leagues away from playing a completely different game.

The 'change it or we quit' threat rings a little hollow in the grander scope of what players are going to be doing in just a few months from now.

The community is throwing a temper tantrum. Much of the complaining is hyperbolic. Mathil will release a video saying it's not all that bad and then everyone will calm down because honestly, everyone just follows what streamers say anyway.

First:
I fully agree theyre doing the aweful misstake (or so it seems) of using poe1 as a "test template" for what is gonna fly in poe2. This further proves my point that this should not be a thing the comunity buys into unless you want them to walk all over you when it comes to in game mechanical issues (unless ofcourse you want to deal with poor design like this if you aim to play poe2)

Second:
I dont intend this as a "threat". They can treat it however they like. This is in fact something that will make me quit longterm just like I made the promise towards blizzard as they put those final nails in the coffin. I have not touched the game since so "empty threats or tantrums" is not something I do eventhough I realise many simps and kids do that kind of stuff.

Third:
Everyone listening to anyone else than themselves when giving feedback should grow a pair. It doesnt matter if it is Zizeran, Mathil or any other big contentcreator saying something. At the end of the day you are the one spending time within the game and if you are that weak to let other people dictate what you think then you got issues.

Fourth: I truly hope (cause it has happened on a few occasions allthough with too much of a delay at times) that they have walked back on things like this before so i'm not going anywhere until I know what i'm dealing with.

Fifth and lastly: I have been following very very closely every step what has been going on with poe 2 since its announcement. Judging from what i've seen so far this is something I will definately test and try out properly but I am not of the opinion or hope that this will be a game for me. It's been fairly blatant to me that poe2 since the launch of D4 was intended to be a better version of D4, aiming at slower pace content and being significally different from POE1 hence why I dont think I will be an active player for very long (unless vision changes and GGG wakes up to why people play poe and not D4). There are simply other games that I find more fun if this were to be the case. Don't get me wrong though. I would be truly happy if poe2 succeeds in proving me wrong.
"
muzein wrote:

you are making a pretty f.. big assumption that people who play POE1 are the same people in the market for POE2. imo these groups have far smaller common part than you think

if someone is in for zoom-zoom braindead gameplay they have little to no interest in POE2. these games are designed to be different, so different that they deemed worthy to spend money on development of TWO games. so the differences are fundamental (or they have just wasted mountain of cash on a POE1.1 while neglecting POE1))

if their strategy is to make current players hate POE1 so much they happily jump ship to POE2 they might be in for a rude awakening

several big companies died when they released 'new and better' 2.0 product - they alienated 1.0 users while delivering a trumpeted dud. look no further than reddit - the 'old.' domain is there because their 'new' version made people go balistic and believe or not - people STILL think current/new reddit UI is hot garbage. reddit HAD to allow for old UI because if they didnt they faced actual collapse of user base. it was so badly received.

i myself wont bother with POE2 and if POE1 is abandoned, will move on. thats no threat, it is just my gaming preferences. any change that makes POE1 even less fun on a mechanical level (this game lacks quality features from '90s) - i go.

POE2 with its multi-button gameplay (when mobas long ago established 4 is the magic number), pretended tacticality (it will devolve into 1-button spam because in no world other scenarios are better) and slow-is-cool gameplay is not for me, so ill pass. and i do not believe that people who made zoom-zoom for 10 years will make slow/tactical game in a first try.

so.. POE2 is a nice project, but if they take feedback from yes-men (content creators..) and are deaf for actual players (you know, these with lifes, not ones playing POE in a group 12h/day) it might turn.. interesting. for one, their emphasis on bosses and good boss fights from people who couldnt create good edngame boss fight since uber elder. it is interesting future indeed
"
sidtherat wrote:
"
muzein wrote:

you are making a pretty f.. big assumption that people who play POE1 are the same people in the market for POE2. imo these groups have far smaller common part than you think

if someone is in for zoom-zoom braindead gameplay they have little to no interest in POE2. these games are designed to be different, so different that they deemed worthy to spend money on development of TWO games. so the differences are fundamental (or they have just wasted mountain of cash on a POE1.1 while neglecting POE1))

if their strategy is to make current players hate POE1 so much they happily jump ship to POE2 they might be in for a rude awakening

several big companies died when they released 'new and better' 2.0 product - they alienated 1.0 users while delivering a trumpeted dud. look no further than reddit - the 'old.' domain is there because their 'new' version made people go balistic and believe or not - people STILL think current/new reddit UI is hot garbage. reddit HAD to allow for old UI because if they didnt they faced actual collapse of user base. it was so badly received.

Couldn't have said it better myself. For some reason just because you critique games now a days people call it being "toxic" or whines about the usage of words instead of looking into what reality looks like. If the game feels like crap, people simply will not play it. You're in the same boat as me :P

i myself wont bother with POE2 and if POE1 is abandoned, will move on. thats no threat, it is just my gaming preferences. any change that makes POE1 even less fun on a mechanical level (this game lacks quality features from '90s) - i go.

POE2 with its multi-button gameplay (when mobas long ago established 4 is the magic number), pretended tacticality (it will devolve into 1-button spam because in no world other scenarios are better) and slow-is-cool gameplay is not for me, so ill pass. and i do not believe that people who made zoom-zoom for 10 years will make slow/tactical game in a first try.

so.. POE2 is a nice project, but if they take feedback from yes-men (content creators..) and are deaf for actual players (you know, these with lifes, not ones playing POE in a group 12h/day) it might turn.. interesting. for one, their emphasis on bosses and good boss fights from people who couldnt create good edngame boss fight since uber elder. it is interesting future indeed
Obviously they think this is a better gameplay design. So some people not liking it is obviously calculated in. Apparently they think more people will like this way of doing things. If you want to change their mind what you have to do is explain why they are wrong. Which you didn't bother doing...
i think that half of the reddit already did that. on the other hand voices explaining why this is actually good, well engineered change (reminder: intent doesnt matter for players, the think they actually get to use does) are quite.. rare? if you could spare the 'silent majority' fallacy - what are your arguments 'for' this change? why you think it makes game better?
"
sidtherat wrote:
i think that half of the reddit already did that. on the other hand voices explaining why this is actually good, well engineered change (reminder: intent doesnt matter for players, the think they actually get to use does) are quite.. rare? if you could spare the 'silent majority' fallacy - what are your arguments 'for' this change? why you think it makes game better?
The support gem system is a major game feature. Expanding it to cover more gems, more playstyle variations, is a good thing. People have talked about it being hard to fit another gem in: this is also a good thing, it’s the creation of choices, of tradeoffs, in places they didn’t previously exist.

It is reasonable for people to call this a “nerf” of the functionality etc. But as ever, a nerf on one aspect of the game can help foster more intentional, consequential decisionmaking in other parts.
Last edited by GusTheCrocodile on Mar 19, 2024, 4:03:13 PM
you describe an intent - an abstract that does not exist

what i will play in ~10 days (if i play POE by then) is an actual feature that creates nothing (there is just handful of instant skills, some share cooldowns, some make no sense outside specific niches) but ruins - completely - miners and heavily cripples summoners.
slaps melee - warcries cost LOTS of mana, no melee character can afford casting 3 of them at once unless having LOTS of unreserved mana - just like the char in GGG's teaser. with lifetap it is almost certain suicide, 300+ life per cast is dangerous. and it is yet another socket for a melee build already starved for sockets. no thank you.

in general it makes pretty much every character out there -1 skill slot AND gem socket.

intent might be good and that game-design theorycrafting yada yada - but the execution shown to us is terrible, brings nothing good, solves a problem that did not exist and what makes me cringe the most - does it unevenly. miners got dumpstered with this change.

oh, and any design where balancing is done by tedium ends up with 'circumventing' the tedium in one way or another. it is the WORST possible way that ends up where we were 3 years ago pre-flask automation charges. the same tools used then are going to be used now. 3 years of experience down the drain it seems.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info