Gems: what if new system?...

"
"
tsunamikun wrote:
"

If we look at what “the numbers” tell us is outperforming other gems, then choosing, say, Lightning Arrow, gives additional power.

I don’t know about anyone else but I think it’s a good thing that regardless of that fact, on the odd occasion I might want to, I am able to go and make a Lightning Arrow character without running the lab over and over again first. Many gems always outperform many other gems. The sky doesn’t fall.

don't interpret some shit into my posting. Its just what it is. No one said anything about gems not being viable, that confrontational bs only exists in your head.
Huh? Yes, I entirely agree, nobody said anything about gems not being viable. Including me. Weird response.

I'm just saying that gems outperforming others doesn't, in fact, require that they come at some drastic additional cost. The game has survived some gems being stronger than others since its inception.

so you waxed semantics for 3 sentences without making your point? and lab is drastic hmm... and it seems more drastic than grand heists, because looking at you posting history i haven't seen any interventions from you there. so what is it? clearly your stance only changed because of lab as the "drastic" cost?
Current Build: Penance Brand
God build?! https://pobb.in/bO32dZtLjji5
"
tsunamikun wrote:
so you waxed semantics for 3 sentences without making your point?
No. Good one though, I'll think twice before not agreeing with people in future!

"
tsunamikun wrote:
and lab is drastic hmm... and it seems more drastic than grand heists, because looking at you posting history i haven't seen any interventions from you there. so what is it? clearly your stance only changed because of lab as the "drastic" cost?
It's drastic compared to just being available in a shop in your hideout, yeah.

If you're looking through my post history, perhaps you'll come across one of the previous times I have explained this before you read this post, but here goes anyway. In short: alt-quality gems were, frankly, dull. At no time did I ever think "wow it would be cool to have that, that could be an interesting variation". They were mostly minor numeric changes, good for optimisation but not changing play very much. So I had no reason to want them. I used one or two after finding them, but there was no specific draw to me.

Also I simply like playing Heist more than playing the Labyrinth, so I would run across them 'naturally' more often than I do transfigured gems. I will choose to play Heist, just to play Heist. I will not, for fun, choose to play the Labyrinth more than the four times the game essentially expects each character to be doing it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info