Gems: what if new system?...

I liked old gem system, but it seems to be not supported anymore.
But I really dont like new lab gem system, and I also dont like new transfigured gem system.
Most players hate running lab hours before, and also hate doing it now.

So what about drop-only craftable versions of gems? Make gem rarity unchangeable and add really rare special gem-crafting currency like alts and chaos and make profit and unprofit tier-supported options for crafting. Mix old gem system options with new gem system options and add some new options (examples posted).
It will solve problem with lab runs, save balances due drop rate of crafteable gems, and also saves a lot of options to making builds.

For example:
- x-xx phys dmg added per gem level
- xx% phys dmg converted to fire dmg
- xx% less/more mana cost per gem level
- +/- 1 additional projectile per 10 gem quality

- minions take 1% reflected damage per 1% gem quality
- minons deal 1% more damage per 1% gem quality

For aura gems add some little part of watcher's eye options and also:
- +/-1 inreased aura effect per gem quality
- +/-1 increased reservation efficiency per x quialty

What about lab? - I just stong believe you guys will come up something :)
Last bumped on Mar 14, 2024, 8:46:35 AM
I agree; gating the gems behind lab is a terrible solution.

I struggle to see the reasoning why they did it. They were pretty clear; the transfigured gems are not meant to be upgrades, but alternatives/options. Gating them behind time, effort and game mechanics seems like a very strange thing to do if the gems are meant to be equally strong.

While this is an SSF problem, because you can just buy the gems in trade league, it doesn't really make the decision to gate them behind lab any better.

The easy solution here; a NPC in every town sells Prime Regrading Lenses (Heist currency) that lets you reroll a skill gem. When transfigured gems are just meant to be an alternative/option, they should be easy to achieve.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:

I struggle to see the reasoning why they did it. They were pretty clear; the transfigured gems are not meant to be upgrades, but alternatives/options.

They may have been pretty clear but the numbers show something quite different. Many transfigured gems outperform any other versions of the gem. They give additional power, and additional power is always locked behind some kind of investment. be thankful its something fast like lab.
Current Build: Penance Brand
God build?! https://pobb.in/bO32dZtLjji5
"
tsv_27 wrote:
Most players hate running lab hours before, and also hate doing it now.

Source?
"
tsv_27 wrote:
So what about drop-only craftable versions of gems?

Do you mean like Prime/secondary Regrading Lenses behaviour? Like something that allows you to change a gem to be trans? Because if that's the point, they were deleted from the game to incentive labs aswell as add value to the lab itself

"
tsv_27 wrote:
Make gem rarity unchangeable

You mean rarity as the weight of x trans gem to roll, or a trans gem to be rolled over another trans gem?

"
tsv_27 wrote:
add really rare special gem-crafting currency like alts and chaos

+1 as a lab option, more variety and worth the lab itself

"
tsv_27 wrote:
and make profit and unprofit tier-supported options for crafting

If you mean the lab altar, already has kinda rng profit and non-profit values built up

"
tsv_27 wrote:
Mix old gem system options with new gem system options and add some new options (examples posted).
It will solve problem with lab runs, save balances due drop rate of crafteable gems, and also saves a lot of options to making builds

Which problem are you talking about?
What kind of balance you mean?
If you allow a mechanic to mix with basic gameplay of mapping/drop, you take away incentives to run the actual mechanic that is supposed to give you that in the first place, in fact, You end up doing the opposite of what you were looking for.
The actual trans gem system widely open variety on build making and theorybuild

Also, the examples you gave I could tell most of them already exists

But yeah, the only thing I can say as a non-lab enjoyer is that I don't like that trans gems can only be obtained through the lab. And the only way for this to stop being the case is for the labs to stop being so disgusting, I can't think of an example of what's interesting about running labs excepting the ascencandy and the altar, it's the worst content in the game, I'd rather pay a overpriced for a gem to have to do labs to get it, I had more fun losing characters every 3 minutes in the Zizaran gauntlet event than doing lab
"
tsunamikun wrote:
"
Phrazz wrote:

I struggle to see the reasoning why they did it. They were pretty clear; the transfigured gems are not meant to be upgrades, but alternatives/options.

They may have been pretty clear but the numbers show something quite different. Many transfigured gems outperform any other versions of the gem. They give additional power, and additional power is always locked behind some kind of investment. be thankful its something fast like lab.
If we look at what “the numbers” tell us is outperforming other gems, then choosing, say, Lightning Arrow, gives additional power.

I don’t know about anyone else but I think it’s a good thing that regardless of that fact, on the odd occasion I might want to, I am able to go and make a Lightning Arrow character without running the lab over and over again first. Many gems always outperform many other gems. The sky doesn’t fall.
Last edited by GusTheCrocodile on Mar 13, 2024, 5:25:21 PM
"
tsunamikun wrote:
They may have been pretty clear but the numbers show something quite different. Many transfigured gems outperform any other versions of the gem.

And that is bound to happen when they introduce hundred of gems at the same time. Wouldn't be the first, nor the last time some real imbalance creeped its way into the game. But that wasn't the goal, hence my post.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"

Do you mean like Prime/secondary Regrading Lenses behaviour? Like something that allows you to change a gem to be trans? Because if that's the point, they were deleted from the game to incentive labs aswell as add value to the lab itself

You mean rarity as the weight of x trans gem to roll, or a trans gem to be rolled over another trans gem?

My idea very similar to craftable voidstones in the past: lets be able to have a gem with magic or rare rarity as regular drop. This rarity is unchangeable and allows to craft that gem adding prefixes and suffixes. It is not about making trans gems in lab, its about crafting as regular meaning. Options from old gem system and options from new trans gems can become tier-based prefixes and suffixes. But to have more variety, i offer to add new affixes also. And this affixes doesnt change gem's mechanic as trans gems do, they only strengthen and/or weaken gem in special ways

Having this opportunity, ppl may craft almost whatever they want, and this is the way to make just any build meta. In the one hand this is good, cos every league there is a 1 meta build that kills just everything.....but ppl want tot play the builds they like and still have oportunity to do endgame conent without mirror investments. In the other hand this is bad, cos there is a way to make such strong builds with eery single gem, so playing goes boring after.

So to save balances, i offer:
1) unprofit affixes to be also common. So to have meta-build, ppl need to craft gems with no unprofit affixes, and also with good tier of profit affixes. Speaking shortly, goal is to craft mirror-tier gem :)
2) craftable gems drop rate should be like exceptional gems drop rate
3) gem-crafting currency should be also rare like divines (or even more rare)

In addition, when meta gem crafted, last step is to vaal it. And slamming vaal orb keeps chance to reroll all gem affixes (as regular vaaling rare item). So this makes additional risk and value

Hope now my idea is more clear :)
"
tsv_27 wrote:

In addition, when meta gem crafted, last step is to vaal it. And slamming vaal orb keeps chance to reroll all gem affixes (as regular vaaling rare item). So this makes additional risk and value

Hinekora would like to exchange a word or two with you.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
"

If we look at what “the numbers” tell us is outperforming other gems, then choosing, say, Lightning Arrow, gives additional power.

I don’t know about anyone else but I think it’s a good thing that regardless of that fact, on the odd occasion I might want to, I am able to go and make a Lightning Arrow character without running the lab over and over again first. Many gems always outperform many other gems. The sky doesn’t fall.

don't interpret some shit into my posting. Its just what it is. No one said anything about gems not being viable, that confrontational bs only exists in your head.
Current Build: Penance Brand
God build?! https://pobb.in/bO32dZtLjji5
Last edited by tsunamikun on Mar 14, 2024, 6:35:53 AM
"
tsunamikun wrote:
"

don't interpret some shit into my posting. Its just what it is. No one said anything about gems not being viable, that confrontational bs only exists in your head.
Huh? Yes, I entirely agree, nobody said anything about gems not being viable. Including me. Weird response.

I'm just saying that gems outperforming others doesn't, in fact, require that they come at some drastic additional cost. The game has survived some gems being stronger than others since its inception.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info