3.23.2 Patch Notes

Seems like i'm on the wrong side of the line...
C't play this way and stay sane.
For a patch saying improving performence it results at the opposite.
Cu next one with real improvement i hope :(

edit:

after update graphic driver and go from dx11 to dx12 the problem (huge loss of fps)
is solve and perf are even better now so, my bad.

Hope it helps some in the same case i was.

gl hf
Last edited by clickcus on Mar 14, 2024, 10:16:07 AM
After a day of testing, and what must have been a simultaneous bad server/bad ISP day, the loading seems much better on Vulkan/GTX1050ti/3.5GH/16of32GB. No 60sec initialization/unresponsive/gear-grinding before the title screen or forever loading into towns (trades might actually not fail due to people leaving the party refusing to stick around)... but, it's not as good as it was pre-nightmare patch.

Furthermore, there are unaddressed issues from before then that still plague, like Vaal side area background ambience lingering throughout the rest of the game - into the map/zone, into town/hideout, into anywhere following everywhere - until I restart the game, that is. I avoided doing that for obvious reasons the last half year, but this patch lets me consider that, again. Other sound issues persist when game gets hectic, and I'd expect more from Creative/Realtek, but I'm not confident shutting down sound would fix everything else.

Long way to go, definitely better, but for how long?
"
Echothesis wrote:

GGG went a long way battling people using debugging tools to figure out map contents before exploring the map, so they could quickly spam-open hundreds of maps and run only those containing top rewards, like loot goblins from 3.18 with specific combinations of AN mods.

As such, client loading assets as late as possible is defining feature of the engine, and you cannot compile shaders before assets are loaded, right?

And there many had no problems before that dreaded patch right before Ancestor league (I suspect a DX11 problem mainly) and it all turned to shit ....

I am aware of the hacks that many used back then to detect specific bits of content, but then you could add an option to load every potential asset before the map is fully loaded ?

How come PoE is the only game that has those problems also ?

I played a bit after patch and it didn't really change anything for me (Vulkan, DX11 was f*ed up after this dreaded pre-Ancestor patch, so I got another small GPU to run the game with Vulkan and it became smooth)

"
Butle wrote:
Now how about fixing or at least addressing the Abyss bug?
Fully compass + scarabs, map says "map contains additional 4 abysses", yet only ONE spawns.
can you at least give us an ANSWER????

Try disabling other side content in your maps ? Maps have limited space for content, one can override another I think.

"
6poke wrote:
Before the patch I was running Simulacrums flawlessly on lowest settings with Dx11 (I have a 4070 with a Ryzen 9 5900x). After patch, I crash on most waves over 12. Not sure what happened but it's unplayable atm. Hoping for a revert or some sort of solution.

This happened for many right before Ancestor league ... the revert never came, GGG did not care enough it seems.

Maybe try Vulkan if your GPU supports it ?

PS : all those "oh it's the shader, it's normal" comments are really silly and annoying. HOW doest every other game deal with shaders, how come is it considered acceptable to have your game lag the first time you encounter shader ? HOW does every other game deal with this if that is "normal" ?!

come on ....
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Mar 13, 2024, 11:13:22 PM
I see people have big issues after this patch, but in my case performance increase is huge. Before this patch I had like 90+ fps average in maps without GI (sometimes huge drops even below 50fps) and now I have 120fps+ even with GI enabled. Crazy good patch and frametime is really smooth compared to DX 12 beta
"There is a fine line between consideration and hesitation, the former is wisdom, the latter is fear"
Last edited by Chesky1992 on Mar 14, 2024, 4:11:08 AM
"
Chesky1992 wrote:
I see people have big issues after this patch, but in my case performance increase is huge. Before this patch I had like 90+ fps average in maps without GI (sometimes huge drops even below 50fps) and now I have 120fps+ even with GI enabled. Crazy good patch and frametime is really smooth compared to DX 12 beta

I agree, utilization is bit better in my opinion, but for what cost. I won't play any game which uses my GPU in like 70% no matter what's going on the screen. It's stupid.
"End of March makes 3 months and 21 days which is almost 4 months and not 3 1/2, get your math right hoho."
"
Valkaneer wrote:
"
Gandicar wrote:
With this patch, did they not wipe the shader cache?

You will experience lag until this "cache" is rebuilt.

My god, you people are aweful on your complaints way too soon, but then again, some of you just live for negativity.

Somedays I just wish people would quit looking for a reason to fight every aspect of life... toxicity makes life difficult for all involved.

All I can say is Wow!!!

Oh boy the thought police has arrived. Being negative about negative people. LOL

Ikr. Literally hilarious. :D :D
IGN TheGoodWitch(Standard)
Anyone have problem with ds4 after new patch?
The game is fine buat I cant use ds4, restart several time, still problem.
Bluetooth&windows11 not problem.

Thx
Last edited by lamawaiting on Mar 14, 2024, 12:10:00 PM
"
lamawaiting wrote:

Thx

What is DS4?
Eat your vegetables.
"
Dxt44 wrote:
"
Chesky1992 wrote:

I agree, utilization is bit better in my opinion, but for what cost. I won't play any game which uses my GPU in like 70% no matter what's going on the screen. It's stupid.

Why are you worried about GPU utilization at or above 70%? My AMD card runs at nearly 100% by design. Just wondering why you wouldn't want to use the thing you bought it for?
Eat your vegetables.
"
boldfacelies wrote:
"
lamawaiting wrote:

Thx

What is DS4?

Ds4=Dualshock4

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info