Path of Exile: Necropolis Teasers

"
Nicoara wrote:
The changes to "Monsters that explode corpses" literary done because one streamer died because of this!

I dont think so. I think they changed it cause they want to have on death effects in PoE2 but they know if it stays the way it is now new people would scratch their heads asking wtf is going on.
Or We could still make it deal a lot of damage just not 60000 fire damage in a single hit, that would also make the game a whole lot less disgusting
"
StalkerWaffle wrote:
Or We could still make it deal a lot of damage just not 60000 fire damage in a single hit, that would also make the game a whole lot less disgusting

Meant to say 600000 but who cares, softcore players cant tell the diff from hits about 20000 anyway
GGG. Please make melee not depending on totems.
"
Razzk wrote:
GGG. Please make melee not depending on totems.

200% agreed, they could do something like runebinder but for melee bonuses
"
Nicoara wrote:
The changes to "Monsters that explode corpses" literary done because one streamer died because of this!

Let me guess... you've been playing PoE for about 10 minutes?

Streamers and non-streamers alike have been complaining about corpse explosions/detonate dead for years. You can find literal 10 year old RIP clips to DD.

This change has been a LONG time coming, and definitely does not originate with a single streamer death.
So how many will think it is the big red circle that is the DD area? Nope, that's the area the boss uses to give the the corpses the dd trigger. The DD looks to be the red glowing flame on the zombies/corpses with far harder to see area. You don't really see the area for it until it has exploded which makes the end effect act like more clutter instead of displaying area of danger for the player.

Can we instead get the area of incoming explosion displayed up front (upon giving the trigger to the corpses) where it also includes any aoe mods on the map? The after-effect doesn't have to be so flashy. The players only need to know where the area of danger is. I admit that it is easier to see now, but we are not at the desired point where visual clarity is good enough with this change.
Last edited by arknath on Mar 20, 2024, 6:42:53 PM
If the significant effect occured at first it would make change. But the effect is almost the same, we just have approximately extra 0.2 second to avoid.
At least for me, it makes no change cause I cannot even realize this dd at all until I died or there is no time for me to escape.
going to skip the league if they do not blow my mind tomorrow
"
In Path of Exile: Necropolis we’ve got an important update to Monsters that explode corpses. They should now be more clearly telegraphed and give you more time to avoid those gory explosions.

Except that they visual clutter in this game is so bad, I have no idea what part of the eyegore in this clip is the new effect and what's was from skills added in leagues I skipped and never learned what were.
Did you ever see history portrayed as an old man with a wise brow and pulseless heart, weighing all things in the balance of reason?
Is not rather the genius of history like an eternal, imploring maiden, full of fire, with a burning heart and flaming soul, humanly warm and humanly beautiful?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info