What will happen to existing scion characters when PoE 2 launches?

I noticed that there will probably not be a scion class anymore in PoE2 ... Since my understanding is that the plan is for old characters from PoE1 to still exist when PoE2 launches, what happens to all scions, will they be deleted? Or are all characters being deleted anyway regardless of their class?
Last edited by Thea6655 on Mar 9, 2024, 11:15:05 AM
Last bumped on Mar 12, 2024, 3:50:35 AM
**nothing** will happen

Poe 2 is a completely separate game from poe1. its like destiny 1 and 2, or diablo 1 and 2, or any other game that had a 1 followed by a 2.
Nothing will happen. The games aren't interchangeable, just MTX is carrying over. Classes/characters/currency won't carry over.
"Bonus points if it is Scion/Witch because they have nice knees. Ranger has ugly knees and other characters are men so playing them would be homoerotic." - CAKE, 10/20/21
"
Thror2k5 wrote:
**nothing** will happen

Poe 2 is a completely separate game from poe1. its like destiny 1 and 2, or diablo 1 and 2, or any other game that had a 1 followed by a 2.

Oooh okay, I misunderstood from what I previously read about PoE 2 and thought that the two games will kind of merge together and there will only be PoE 2 with all other stuff from PoE 1 kind of transfering there... well it´s good to know that we will still be able to play in PoE 1 like untill now
No Scion announced in PoE2.

I won't be surprised if they decide not to carry over MTX. Looking from the outside, any MTX/stash tabs transfer doesn't make any sense now that PoE2 is a separate game.
"
hasatt0 wrote:
No Scion announced in PoE2.

I won't be surprised if they decide not to carry over MTX. Looking from the outside, any MTX/stash tabs transfer doesn't make any sense now that PoE2 is a separate game.

except, there have been multiple statements from GGG saying MTX WILL be shared across both games. going back on that now would create an immense amount of backlash.

https://pathofexile2.com/

"
Path of Exile 2 is a separate game to the original Path of Exile. We will continue to offer expansions for both games going forward. They are completely free-to-play and will never be "pay to win". Purchases are shared between the two games.
"
darciaz wrote:
just MTX is carrying over

Big copium to believe that they will carry over all mtx.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
"
Pashid wrote:
"
darciaz wrote:
just MTX is carrying over

Big copium to believe that they will carry over all mtx.

We don't know what the stash will look like in PoE2, so I'm a bit sceptical if ALL kinds of stash tabs will carry over. Will there be hideouts? If not, hideout MTX won't carry over.
Pets, armour and weapon skins - I don't see a reason why they shouldn't.
Skill MTX - if the skill is not in PoE2, then probably not. But maybe you can choose a replacement for PoE2.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
"
Thea6655 wrote:
"
Thror2k5 wrote:
**nothing** will happen

Oooh okay, I misunderstood from what I previously read about PoE 2 and thought that the two games will kind of merge together and there will only be PoE 2 with all other stuff from PoE 1 kind of transfering there... well it´s good to know that we will still be able to play in PoE 1 like untill now

It was, but the plan is changed. It was announced it is a sperate game in the second exilecon
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature
"
Mikrotherion wrote:

We don't know what the stash will look like in PoE2, so I'm a bit sceptical if ALL kinds of stash tabs will carry over. Will there be hideouts? If not, hideout MTX won't carry over.
Pets, armour and weapon skins - I don't see a reason why they shouldn't.
Skill MTX - if the skill is not in PoE2, then probably not. But maybe you can choose a replacement for PoE2.

I half expect poe2 to have new specialized stash tabs for "brand new types of loot", so GGG can repeat their "Welcome to our free to play game, note that we've designed loot storage to be as cumbersome as possible unless you buy comfortable storage from us!" trick :)

For example fragments tab contains slots for maps specific to poe1 story, blight and metamorph were dedicated to their respective npc which have no obligation to appear in "new separate game".

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info