Love for GGG - Opened My Account After 11 Years!

"
WhiteBoy wrote:
Thanks, all.

I'm excited to get back into the game, changes and all. First thing is to explore the newest skill tree...

Good luck!
I'd like to offer my help, but I'm really not of any.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
I love this thread already.

It's basically a veteran deep sea diver coming back to the ocean after a long hiatus, seeing the chaotic maelstrom has tumesced into an ecological catastrophe, and then asking those who are giving their all just to stay afloat in the hectic whirlpool how best to negotiate the madness. Typical response: WBGLHFFMLLOLOL.

The "smart" move would be to stay safe on land, of course, but a veteran diver can't really test their (t)rusty extreme survival skills in the local public baths under the watchful eye of a glacial Mother with all the other kids and their dads. Path of Exile is The Call of the Void in videogame form, and those who leap in learn the truth of the summons of the swirling deep: you just keep almost-drowning. Near death euphoria on tap.

The UI though. Like a piano, man. Fun when I used a younger man's keyboard and mouse. Nowadays I can barely get my head and fingers around a controller. Man, what AM I doing here?

Path of Exile remains one heck of a good show from the shore though. Guess that's why it remains the only ARPG to be just as sadistically watched as masochistically played.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Mar 9, 2024, 7:47:07 PM
"
Forum Posts: 5341 (1.13 posts per day)

Has not posted in over 10 years, still has more than 1 post a day, absolute legend.

Welcome back dude.
I concur. Every single interaction I've had with GGG support has been good. Even when they are unreasonable (really silly chat timeout that was reversed), they are reasonable.

And yeah, welcome back.
Last edited by t0lkien on Mar 10, 2024, 9:40:20 PM
"
WhiteBoy wrote:
Thanks, all.

I'm excited to get back into the game, changes and all. First thing is to explore the newest skill tree...

Which one? ;-)
"
I love this thread already.
I love the "jump back into the deep end blindly" metaphor ;)

"
sumfight wrote:
"
Forum Posts: 5341 (1.13 posts per day)

Has not posted in over 10 years, still has more than 1 post a day, absolute legend.

Welcome back dude.
Thanks! I was... prolific... in the early years. I had a lot of free time on my hands, and I made a lot of posts in Support and as a forum mod. Padding the stats, you could say.

"
eversorgod wrote:
Which one? ;-)
At some point it became self-aware and created copies of itself.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
"
eversorgod wrote:
Which one? ;-)

:o)

I'd say get a copy of Path of Building and start exploring.
Biigest difference to 10 years ago:
We have jewel sockets now and cluster jewel sockets.
Read up on them at www.poewiki.net
Basically, jewels ad stats like inc. damage with weapons, inc. life, etc. and that's it.
Cluster jewels add small skill trees with small and big passive nodes and most of the time cluster jewel sockets themselves.
Some are very powerful, so it usually is a good idea to go for one cluster jewel socket once you found a nice large cluster jewel to start your new tree.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info