20.5 million less profit in 2023 (2022 49 mil, 2023 28 mil)

"
ArtCrusade wrote:
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
As far as monetization goes, I will be interested to see how this works in practice since MTX are shared between games. For example I will never need stash tabs for PoE2.

PoE1 has kinda saturated the market. PoE2 is a new chance to find a bigger audience whom will have to buy stash tabs again, and supporter packs will always be a safe way to monetize for GGG. It's a lateral expansion

Don't misunderstand. Im aware that either way the revenue goes to TencentGGG, whether it's PoE1 or PoE2. I'm saying that there is a significant portion of monetized PoE1 players, that won't ever be monetized to that degree in the shared space with PoE2. Not selling tabs to existing players, for example, is a significant gap, no matter how you look at it.

It addition GGG has invested many millions into development. They are going to have to offset that. Plus they are now staffed up, and have to support two games. There is absolutely no way there will be double the players from what they experience currently, and given the shared MTX for existing players, you dont have to be an economics major to see the inherent issue. At least that's my view on it, and like I said, I'm interested on how GGG plans to manage that promise of shared MTX.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
Don't misunderstand. Im aware that either way the revenue goes to TencentGGG, whether it's PoE1 or PoE2. I'm saying that there is a significant portion of monetized PoE1 players, that won't ever be monetized to that degree in the shared space with PoE2. Not selling tabs to existing players, for example, is a significant gap, no matter how you look at it.

It addition GGG has invested many millions into development. They are going to have to offset that. Plus they are now staffed up, and have to support two games. There is absolutely no way there will be double the players from what they experience currently, and given the shared MTX for existing players, you dont have to be an economics major to see the inherent issue. At least that's my view on it, and like I said, I'm interested on how GGG plans to manage that promise of shared MTX.

Once PoE2 is ready for shipping the dev cost will go down significantly. At that point there will be a big overlap between PoE1 and PoE2 when it comes to adding things to the game since both are built on the same engine and sustaining both games becomes much more manageable

I can't speak to the inner workings of GGG and how they organise the work, but I'm in good spirits they're doing the right thing. After all, deciding to differ from the original plan of making PoE2 a sort of expansion for PoE1 doesn't come out of nowhere
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
"
xPiranha wrote:
hoho 2 Kopo posts within a week?

:-(
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
False. Tech is having it easy compared to most other industries.
You make it sound like it's an amusement park or something.

Why is there always so much confidence in ignorance?
Last edited by t0lkien on Mar 13, 2024, 11:59:48 AM
"
t0lkien wrote:
"
False. Tech is having it easy compared to most other industries.
You make it sound like it's an amusement park or something.

Why is there always so much confidence in ignorance?

aka result of overhiring
the thing is almost all of us here have had enough stashtabs for years and years. but every league launch ggg makes money, if we look at the 4 leagues in 2022 and 3 in 2023 someone quoted then it seems like theyre making more money per league last year than the league before in terms of initial revenue.

the way to look at it, imo, is that poe1 cannot go on forever. its still growing right now, but at some point it will peak and then decline. they have to make a new game in order to keep moving forward and making the game better, and the best time to do that is before the first game starts to decline. if poe1 is still making money then poe2 will make money.

whats more important is that they want to make a good game and poe2 will be a better game. back in 2013 they had F all really, a handful of players from closed beta and a pocket full of short change and they released a good game. if you make a good game and keep producing quality content for it then the players will come and youll make money. the reason they made a complex arpg for the pc is because its the game they wanted to make, if the motive was money they would have made a mobile game where you throw hedgehogs at moving dart boards. they made a game in a genre they love because they were passionate about it and found a way to monetise it so they could have a job like everyone else and keep making the game.

they are continuing to do that, why wouldnt they? it would be insane not to do what theyre doing. the worst thing they could possibly do is lose their passion for making the best arpg they can and lose their foresight for long term stability and just keep bolting junk onto poe1 for the sake of milking what will inevitably turn into the last dwindling profits from a bloated mess of a game. thats a road to a bad outdated game and a bankrupt company.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info