[3.23] neoCrown's Int/Mana Hierophant Kinetic Bolt Totems - 7 Totems/500 million Guardian DPS

Intelligence/Mana-Stacking Hierophant Kinetic Bolt/Power Siphon Totem Build Guide

Mapping A+, Bossing A+, MTX A+, Ease of playstyle A+, Starter potential C (120-150 chaos budget start)

All content cleared, Mildly Unethical, All map mods doable - caution with no regen map mods.

Cons
Spoiler
Weak to Physical Damage without investment into 'Physical Damage Taken as...' conversion.

>15k Energy Shield, >12k Mana

Path of Building link containing Budget Version, Endgame Version, Mageblood Version, Spell Suppression Version, Magic Find Version, Voices Version - https://pobb.in/Xzez7sTvJeDp

Converting the Same Tree into a Spell Totem Version - https://pobb.in/HGufp13Xi862

3.23 Build update - Auto-Warcry Generation
3.23 Affliction - Witnessed Uber Cortex
3.23 Affliction - Uber Sirus
3.23 Affliction - Witnessed Uber Shaper
3.23 Affliction - All Maven's Invitations including The Feared
3.23 Affliction - Deathless Simulacrum Wave 29 - 30
3.22 Ancestor - Instaphase Uber Searing Exarch
3.22 Ancestor - Full Build Guide with Tattoos

Damage Scaling - Power Siphon/Kinetic Bolt of Fragmentation

Spoiler
Offence ~ 300-500 million dps - reasonable on POB, no flasks activated - 500+ million dps with Mageblood version
Intelligence-stacking 1500-2000 intelligence
- int-stacking wand with hunter/shaper/elder mod - 1-6 lightning damage per 10 int and 1% spell damage per 16 int
Mana-stacking 9000 - 10000 mana- transfiguration of mind - increases to mana applies to damage at 30% value
Mind of the council helmet - added lightning damage equal to 6% of maximum mana.
Endgame helmet - Indigon - increased spell damage per 200 mana spent recently, up to 2000%.
Spell damage applied to attack damage via wand mastery - Not required if purely running Kinetic Bolt of Fragmentation
7 totems - impossible escape - iron reflexes, watchtower anoint on amulet, ancestral bond keystone, asccendancy point, x2 from ballista support
x4 curses due to anathema's ring - conductivity, elemental weakness, sniper's mark, enfeeble
Shock effect - increased to mana applied to shock effect mastery - 50% shocks on guardians/conquerors/Uber bosses
Lightning exposure via awakened lightning penetration.
Intimidate for 10% increased attack damage taken - via ring implicit
Onslaught via totem cluster jewel or silver flask via Mageblood setup

Capping accuracy
Spoiler
Hit-based build - 100% accuracy - easy to cap with int with Shaper's Touch - 4 accuracy per 2 int. Can allocate the mastery 'gain accuracy based on int' while levelling to cap hit chance.

Crit-based build - try to reach maximum critical strike chance and stack critical strike damage. Few ways to max critical strike chance:
Spoiler
Forbidden jewels (Righteous providence - allows int or strength to apply to critical strike chance, whichever is lower)
Charms with the mod 'increased critical strike chance if you haven't crit recently which goes up to 100% - stacking 3 of these gives 300% increased crit chance
Glove corruption with attack crit strike chance implicit to max crit chance - 0.50 - 0.80% range rolls.
That which Was Taken Unique Crimson Jewel giving the same charm mod as above or 'increased base critical strike chance while at maximum power charges' mod.
Harvest enhancement craft on weapon - increased critical strike chance per 4% quality
Brittle Ground implicit on boots.
Diamond flask/Bottled faith.
Mastery on tree - 60% increased crit chance if summoned totem recently, 60% increased critical strike chance against enemies with lightning exposure, 100% increased critical strike chance against shocked enemies.

My current stats - total of 989% increased critical strike chance
We reach Max Crit chance without flasks with the build by mixing some of the mods above.

Benefits of Stacking Attributes
Spoiler
Bonuses due to Shaper's Touch -
Accuracy and evasion rating per intelligence
Mana and energy shield per strength
Life per dexterity

Aura Setup
Spoiler
5 auras - x1 free blessing aura with eternal blessing + haste due to mana not being reserved. Purity of elements, grace, clarity, discipline.

Stun immunity
Spoiler
High uptime with Balbala timeless jewel with x2 or 3 stun avoidance node, auto-utility flask with 50% stun avoidance.

100% increased chance to avoid stun via Mageblood plus mod on flask.

Or max damage setup to remove everything that can stun.

Defence
Spoiler
Good energy shield pool - 7k - 14k depending on setup
Evasion build - >20k evasion
Moderate amount of block/spell block if invested
Ivory tower - energy shield based on life reserved, chaos damage taken from mana before life
Elemental ailment immune due to purity of elements
Max spell suppression version available
'Physical damage taken as...' conversion

Weakness
Spoiler
Damage over time - mitigated by keeping totems up which grants >2k life regen per second, pantheon,
Chaos damage - can be mitigated by maintaining mana pool and Gain Chaos resistance while affected by Purity of Elements Watcher's Eye Mod/chaos resistance on gear
Physical damage - stacking endurance charges (minimum 4 via Ascendancy), 'Physical Damage taken as...' conversions via Shield Implicit corruption, Lethal Pride Timeless Jewel, Watcher's Eye Mod, Flasks.

Changes since 3.22 Ancestor League:
Spoiler
Power Siphon Nerfed - can no longer run barrage due to single projectile per target.
However, crit chance and crit damage boosted per quality making it easier to reach 100% crit chance.
Power siphon of the Archmage - interesting archetype to play with but lower damage unless can cap crit chance and stack crit damage.
Kinetic Bolt of Fragmentation for Single Target Damage

Tattoos removed
All attributes tattoo
Additional projectile tattoo
Journey keystone tattoo of makanui - several options - ghost dance/point blank/magebane/glancing blows

New Tech
Auto Warcry Generation with charms + That Which Was Taken Jewel
Can run any number of warcries that suit the build - intimidating cry for intimidate, enduring cry for massive ES regen, etc
Rage generation + Berserk
Curse effect
Mark effect

Other ways to boost damage
Can run frenzy to gain frenzy charges
Can run ensnaring arrow for increased projectile damage taken

Current Gear setup - to be posted

More Content to come - Crafting Guides/Alternative Gear setups.

Last edited by neoCrown on Feb 8, 2024, 7:52:09 AM
Last bumped on Apr 19, 2024, 2:08:49 PM
How good is this build for forbidden sanctum?

Thanks for posting it :)
Just as good as shockwave totems. Can instaphase bosses with setups.
Will have to run Power Siphon of Archmage as the detection range is better compared to Kinetic Bolt and the projectile travels further giving more clear. Kinetic Bolt needs projectile speed to travel further. Should be easy for gem swap as both gems are blue.

Sanctum is actually my next big project/goal - have saved up roughly 30-40 sanctum runs to try to complete a no-hit run.
Hey there, i never played totems so i went with your build, trying it out, mageblood variant, my limit was 600 div.

Its not at your level, but not bad either, i have already done uber shaper,uber eater and uber uber elder/shaper. The biggest problem is defense, but you can movve around and you for max damage you need the setup.

I never tried sanctum so that is my goal as well with the build, which charms do you recommend and what else - besides level, can i improve.

Thanks man, nice one

Depending on setup, Eyes of the Greatwolf mod 'Take 100% of fire/lightning/cold damage as fire/lightning/cold' can make the different fights easier. The cold to lightning or fire conversion makes it very easy to tank shaper balls and bullet hell phase.

Some of the other charms that enhance the build would be the mark effect or curse effect charms. At a certain threshold - it becomes a more damage multiplier because it makes Sniper's Mark cause an additional projectile to split. I would still prioritise capping crit chance with the charms though so if this is already capped, I would consider the curse effect mod.

For sanctum, I would instead replace one of the large lightning cluster jewel with a cold large cluster jewel with the Snowstorm notable (gain 8% lightning damage as extra cold damage against chilled enemies' as this gives us a chance to freeze enemies which is another defensive layer.

I do have a Transcendence POB version which is much tankier but deals half the damage. It doesn't feel as great to play despite being really tanky.

Good luck.
Hey, just an update, i ve been running sanctum with archmage gem and +2 merchant strat, very easy, not needed for cold to freeze, but thanks for advice.

One more thing, how are you running fully juiced maps with this build? Do totems die too fast due to difficulty of the content, like delirium?
Very nice. I was tailoring the build for no hit runs so the cold damage was for freeze/chill but going full lightning offense works too.

I have run wave 30 Simulacrums deathless - new link attached. The totems get re-summoned as we move around and it doesn't affect the DPS. It does cause lag if number of projectiles are scaled very high; hence why I normally run Power Siphon with Pierce instead of Kinetic Bolt in high density content.
I just stumbled upon the build when looking for something for the Archmage Power Siphon. Do you have any plans updating this build before/during the league or would you rather encourage that I should adapt it on my own.
The build looks super interesting, thank you for taking the time to make the guide!
where do i find the non-fancy stuff pob at, may i ask sir ?
The POB should include all setups including the non-fancy stuff under the dropdown boxes.

Let me know if you can't find it and I can draft a separate POB as I am theorycrafting for the new league.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info