Hey GGG, put a 5 second request sent timer on the trade page already

I see two sides.

one is unreasonable. the consequence of a 3-5 second timer is trivial
for the majority of buyers. and meaningfully consequential to some
of the exceptionally impatiently among us. 5 seconds is an eternity.

the rest of you collectively should suffer more time loss than I personally
do in satisfying MY OWN endevours and not yours at all but only mine.

I get what I want and shut up. <mute all>
I would have to say +1 to this, so we are running a map today, a dude want to buy a jewel, i invite him he declines, fine with me... we continue the map, then the dude spams me 5 more times, then i do the obvious and mute him, then the guy make a new char lol, and spam again... Same name different ending in the name, and zero challenges, result i closed my low chaos shops, only really had them up for new players to be able to get stuff.
"
uh-oh....

looks like somebody hasn't played with the live searching feature on the trade page.

Don't have to be a bot to use it. I'm using it right now.

Uh-oh.. looks like somebody isn't connecting the dots

There are only two problems being addressed by a 5 second restriction on trade requests

a. "I am being spammed with trades and would like to be pinged only once every 5 seconds" - Your price is too low, you're complaining about bots

b. "I am leaving my maps the instant a trade message arrives and my party invites are denied because the user is already trading someone else. I would like to punish traders for having the audacity to accept other trade invites by forcing them to wait longer between trade requests to users that aren't me so that my invites arrive before they can request other trades." - Nobody is so much of a jerk to actually think this is a solution, right?

Ergo, problem a. is the only one worth responding to.
ty bgyoshi
Clearly OP hasn't tried messaging multiple sellers, all for them to never respond with an invite, much less letting them know they're busy.

These spam traders are a symptom of a bigger problem.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
no...

That is the exact reason for a 5 sec delay. Too many people already do this wasting individual seller's time.
Last edited by RightHandofGod on Feb 1, 2024, 12:45:02 PM
I already wait 10 seconds between buy requests after a search, because it seems rude not to give someone the chance to reply before moving onto the next seller, I'm just wasting their time if I spam. I tend to do a /whois if it's something I'm very keen to buy, see if I can catch them when they're not in the Domain of Timeless Conflict or similar. But then I also try to reply to buyers if something just sold to tell them that. Clearly not the norm here.
A 5 second wait is a good idea in my opinion. I never whisper multiple people without waiting 30 seconds or so in between anyway. If I'm anxious for something I just skip the first page of lowest prices. The folks further down the list are less hassled and seem to respond more reliably.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:
A 5 second wait is a good idea in my opinion. I never whisper multiple people without waiting 30 seconds or so in between anyway. If I'm anxious for something I just skip the first page of lowest prices. The folks further down the list are less hassled and seem to respond more reliably.

I agree with this. I usually skip the lowballs. I expect others to not
take lowballs very seriously. but if 3 offers are for less than 5c, and 15 offers are for 5 c.... which seems realistic? maybe the 5c offers actually
mean to trade with you. dont treat them like the probably bogus discount offers.
So instead of fixing trade spam which causes half the hostility in chat, GGG goes full crazy with a moderator patch.

Good job.........
Last edited by RightHandofGod on Feb 14, 2024, 3:23:30 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info