is GGG ever ban scammers and check ingame reports or take it seriously?

Been reporting few scammers and trying to scam items in game or via email with screen shots with proofs for multiple league now. Almost feel like its stupid not to scam poeple at this point.
and only thing they say is 'working on it' lol.
Last edited by jeankunjeong on Jan 20, 2024, 1:51:06 PM
Last bumped on Apr 9, 2024, 3:53:04 PM
hoho depends on which scams? the ones where the buyer fails to read or check the item after hovering over it then proceeds to go down and click accept?
-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-
Some people have tried with me this league.
I.e. Item is 50C they put in 20 10 10 and wait.
I am patient ;)
Never once been scammed on this account.
Still play SSF on my main account :)
Still haven't been scammed after 12 years of playing.

I did buy a Headhunter a long time ago worth 120ex at the time, I think. I added the 120ex into the trade window and click accept before he added the HH in. He did of course take advantage and accepted it without putting it in. So the only person that has scammed me in 12 years of playing, is [Removed by Support].
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Timothy_GGG on Jan 22, 2024, 4:26:59 PM
Neither did I, but I sort of agree with GGG.

They try to replicate a world that's very similar to the real world in terms of trading characteristics, that including scammers, flippers.

I'm not saying that should be this way, only that, to me, it sort of make the game to be more 'realistic'.

Only thing I wish is that people couldn't create accounts and start to interact with other people so easily. Maybe a trade initation ban or trade interaction ban until level 30-40? That would make most of the scammers go away, I guess.
♣ IGN: DoctaMagicFinder
♣ My YouTube channel: youtube.com/doctagaming
♠ Proud brazilian player.
somone said something about an automated market set by the player, but no need to directly interact would filter a lot of price fixers and scammers, got scammed with an elighten 4 once, this league some guy tried to scam me on an item that was 1 divine with 1c ... that low
We should not seek to use this power to change those around us, no... This power is a means for us to change ourselves. To be reborn as Wraeclast intends us to be. - The Slaying of the Gods //Oshabi//
You will have more recourse reporting the scammers on TFT.
Pour one out for my Syndicate homies.

Complex PoE mechanics are getting Diablofied.

GGG: What's better than stable income? Random income of course.
Last edited by zakalwe55 on Jan 20, 2024, 4:16:03 PM
Trade scamming is part of the friction vital to a trade-based economy. It makes you take a few seconds to double check everything is in order before pressing accept. As such, this kind of scamming is part of the game.
"
hasatt0 wrote:
Trade scamming is part of the friction vital to a trade-based economy. It makes you take a few seconds to double check everything is in order before pressing accept. As such, this kind of scamming is part of the game.

Try paying attention to what you are doing?

Also while a ban is not going to be instant upon such reports (after all YOU were supposed to be checking the trade) it dose result in a flag on the scammers account and will eventually lead to a ban, even if it's just a temp one with a catch (basically a slap on the wrist to start but warned that further such actions will lead to a perma ban)

It dose happen, there are plenty of them that get banned for scams (no reason) and there are those that had a little melt down on the forums about being scammed and decided that since GGG "did nothing" the would just scam everyone they traded with (they got banned pretty quickly)
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
BasilWood wrote:

Never once been scammed on this account.
how many accounts have u had? :')
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info