[Wiki development] Please post all your skill gems of different levels here!

"
Aezlo wrote:
A) make a page for every support gem, which is a bit tedious and not really necessary considering that support gems don't have images or flavor text.

B) Add gem level tables/quality to the current page, further cluttering it but if we categorize it correctly it'll be somewhat easy to navigate.

C) Create a page solely for support gems, subdivide them by color and do what I said in B but not cluttering the skills page.

D) ??? Something else entirely, feel free to suggest something. Perhaps include support gems on the attribute pages or something to reduce clutter.

I think B is a really nasty idea. People will want complete info for all the gems, and it's not effective to cram all of it onto one page. I think it would be best to categorise them as support gems by attribute, maybe with a page for each attribute and collapsable stats tables if that's feasible.

Also, I think it's quite disruptive having all the active skills in one big list. Perhaps they could be put into table columns? If you're not including descriptions, this could be easy enough. It can also give you a nice grid to add skill icons.
Available to mediate cross-league trades and mirror services. Send me a PM here or in-game.
IGN: SpudOfDoom | The Exiled - Path Of Exile's oldest clan
I'd personally say that each support gem should have it's own page.

What I'd personally like to see, both on support gem and on skill pages is discussion about how to best use those skills. On support gems you could mention what skills it can work well with, and what it doesn't work with, alongside screenshots/videos showing it in action. On skill pages, there could be a section discussing good support gems to use.

I see the generic Skill page as just an entry point with very brief information, and if you want to know more about a skill/support you click through to the relevant page.
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

I know they're not very high, but here you go.

Edit: Oops! It didn't do just the gems. Oh well, you can still see the gems in the items anyway.
Last edited by Pixelmancer on Jun 15, 2012, 11:57:44 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
All green skill gems pages are now caught up to what's in the thread
I admit, B was kind of a worst-case scenario.

I'll try to set up the skills into a table today, and I'll set up the blank support gem pages and start putting up the templates for them if I have time. I've actually got templates for the table/gem quality set up but it's apparently impossible to set up a template to be fillable, so it'll all be copy and paste hurrah. If you know how to do it and I'm just an idiot please tell me.

I don't know about making the wiki a discussion board, it doesn't seem like an overall good idea. Maybe if there was a subforum or wikforum I could buy into the idea, but discussing stuff in-wiki seems like a recipe for disaster.

Has there been any development on the data scraper? I've kind of taken a break in the hopes that there'll be a faster/easier way to do things.
Last edited by Aezlo on Jun 16, 2012, 3:52:32 PM
"
Aezlo wrote:

Has there been any development on the data scraper? I've kind of taken a break in the hopes that there'll be a faster/easier way to do things.

I just "View Source"'d each page of the thread, then Cttl+F for whatever gem I am working on and manually copying the data out. Fast enough for me
Last edited by Zahndethus on Jun 16, 2012, 3:55:24 PM
Red

Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

Blue

Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

Green

Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

Thanks Zahndethus, I feel a bit silly for not thinking of that.

I've created the support gem set-up and they're ready for input. I tried to tame the regular skills into a table but I just couldn't figure it out. So I leave it to someone better at this than me.

I'd also like to say, for people who are submitting skills, please don't submit quality gems. Quality mucks up the data, we've already got the quality data on the wiki (for most of the gems, anyway). We're just looking for basic stats.
Maybe eventually, rather than having to create a custom table for each skill, we'll set up a template to keep the wiki code to a minimum, making it easier for people to update stuff.
Well i guess you already have all data you need, but just in case something is missing here is my current gear (with the gems of course :P):

Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

(as you said you don't need the lvl 1 gems i haven't linked them ;))

And here the gear with gems from my secondary character (note that the ice spear gem in the Mask has 14% quality):

Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

Proud 5th duelist in the Jul 1 2012 Ladder Race and in the Nov 3 2012 Solo Turbo Race :D
And even prouder 4th Templar in the Nov 10 Four-hour Party Hardcore Race :P
Current OB success:
top 20 Ranger in 105 Minute Turbo Solo (S4E9)
Last edited by Sony_Black on Jun 17, 2012, 12:21:44 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info