[3.24] 💥💫 The (Arch)Blade Blast Unloader 🗡️🔪🔫 - Screenwide 30m-55m Pinnacle DPS? Say yes to FUN!

"
NoBotGamer wrote:

Hey, thanks for the answer, that makes sense, altough it is sad. Would be cool if you could sustain BV with shield charges or whatever.

On another Note. Im looking to maybe farm some logbooks or trialmaster this league. Have you done a good amount of these with this build ?

I would expect trialmaster to go good if the gear is alright but logbooks are probably still problematic as a hit based build has more bad remnants.

Yeah, dot builds have always been better at Logbooks. You can invest till your build does so much damage and permafreezes even the shittiest remnants, but you still have to pay so much attention to the block ones, or element-specific blocks.

Ultimatum on the other hand - delicious. Your AoE full wipes the tiny circle no matter where you are in it, and also, this is a mobile build. If I wasn't so hooked on open maps last league I would have done more Rituals and ultimatums.
💥💫BB Unloader 1000% AoE 70m DPS🗡️🔪🔫: view-thread/3466787
FlickerCoC Ice Nova / Spear Assassin: view-thread/3225536
🔨⚡CWC Lightning Conduit Mjolner Trickster: view-thread/3300148
VD Arcanist Brand Necro: view-thread/2911667
Any plans to post some medium budget + higher budget archmage PoBs? Going to be league starting this but I don't have much time to spend in PoB due to work right now :(.
IGN: Dmillz
"
Dmillz wrote:
Any plans to post some medium budget + higher budget archmage PoBs? Going to be league starting this but I don't have much time to spend in PoB due to work right now :(.

Hey! Not within the timeframe of the next few days, no. Ironically probably the same reason: Work has been crazy!

I also kind of want to playtest the build before I vouch for it! It could be that

1) Automation doesn't work the way we think it does and then we're just kind of playing last league's build (don't get me, it's damn strong still, but why I'm playing this build FIRST instead of inventing a new one was Automation) but without any QoL increase.

2) I really, really suspect the final minmax is STILL Badge of the Brotherhood, Maven Belt (rolled 20% mana), and Void Battery and a +1 Power charge hat (likely Inward Eye). This is because - last week we stacked 10000000% spell damage, and use base gem levels for flat damage.

This league we have tons of flat damage, so it DRs, and we're back to needing 10000% spell damage. What gives 100000% spell damage PLUS max frenzy charges and crit capping? Badge + VB at minimum.

We may not use Ralakesh Boots nor Malachai's loop anymore because we want to roll mana + movespeed + life on those slots, losing 2 power charges and inner conviction / having to blood rage or frenzy gen elsewhere is a trade we ought to make.

Finally, it stands to be seen if Archmage even has a higher damage ceiling. And at what cost? It's the absolute meta king now. If the Power Charge stacking stuff remains dirt cheap, it could be more cost efficient to go that route. The only thing Archmage solves then would be a bit more eHP and resource cost.
Hah fair enough! I'll just keep an eye on this as the league goes. The starter PoB is more than enough to easily cruise the first week and blast through maps.

I suspect you're correct about a total min-max, I'm hoping an Archmage version can provide a better balance of tankiness vs total DPS without an insane budget. The old version is pretty glass cannon without huge investment (which is fine for a mapper, but it's nice if you can strike a bit of a balance).

As things look right now, ironically even though it's a better balance on paper it might be so much cheaper to go last leagues way and just invest more in defence since mana is looking so meta!

Appreciate all the thought and effort you are putting in! I used to maintain build guides on the forums and I know how much time, patience, and effort it takes to not only keep things up to date but answer questions...etc.
Last edited by Dmillz on Mar 28, 2024, 1:05:18 PM
"
Dmillz wrote:
Hah fair enough! I'll just keep an eye on this as the league goes. The starter PoB is more than enough to easily cruise the first week and blast through maps.

I suspect you're correct about a total min-max, I'm hoping an Archmage version can provide a better balance of tankiness vs total DPS without an insane budget. The old version is pretty glass cannon without huge investment (which is fine for a mapper, but it's nice if you can strike a bit of a balance).

As things look right now, ironically even though it's a better balance on paper it might be so much cheaper to go last leagues way and just invest more in defence since mana is looking so meta!

Appreciate all the thought and effort you are putting in! I used to maintain build guides on the forums and I know how much time, patience, and effort it takes to not only keep things up to date but answer questions...etc.

Haha sweet! I look forward to your updates.

And wow! Yes. Then you know... how we wish we had a better forum post editor. I really wish creators like Ziz didn't have to resort to Maxroll, which admittedly just has the better tools and presentation. Coming in here we can't even have a WYSIWYG or visual indication that this text is coloured, etc, it has to be all forum tags and bbcode and stuff x_x
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7J6a22UZkg

HEY GUYS RUSHING OUT THE HOUSE.

NOTHING YOU DIDN'T ALREADY KNOW> SEE YOU AT LEAGUE START!
Thank you for your work and congrats!
Just wanted to post some quick suggestions for starting this. Getting some sort of Lightning Leeched as Life will help a lot for feeling good while mapping, especially while still scaling up. I made a few small passives tree, gem, and gear tweaks. All pretty small but I think they add a lot of QoL.

PoB here with the small tweaks I made: https://pobb.in/y93rXxGvDDLe

Good sources of this are:

* Eater gloves implicit (Exarch gives Unnerve as well!)
* Doryani's Invitation belt
* Amulet from Delve
* Vitality Watchers Eye - probably not a great choice but it exists.

Other small things would be the Mana Mastery that gives 10% chance to recover 10% of mana when you use a skill. I'm not 100% sure (hopefully someone does?) but I'm pretty sure Arcanist Brand counts as "you" using a skill, so this should proc pretty often.

Also the Vampirism 3 passives on the tree. The recoup gives a bit of nice sustain which is a big weakness of the build, but the 3% life on kill will make you almost unkillable when you are mapping. This is especially powerful early on before you have the damage to one-shot entire screens and almost never get hit.

Depending on cost getting a Healthy Mind jewel in the socket above Witch start is extremely strong.

The mana flask recovery cluster Essence Extraction is also very strong and is probably always worth taking.
Last edited by Dmillz on Mar 29, 2024, 11:35:18 AM
"
Dmillz wrote:
Just wanted to post some quick suggestions for starting this. Getting some sort of Lightning Leeched as Life will help a lot for feeling good while mapping, especially while still scaling up. I made a few small passives tree, gem, and gear tweaks. All pretty small but I think they add a lot of QoL.

PoB here with the small tweaks I made: https://pobb.in/zbBExZOFpEa0

Good sources of this are:

* Eater gloves implicit
* Doryani's Invitation belt
* Amulet from Delve
* Vitality Watchers Eye - probably not a great choice but it exists.

Other small things would be the Mana Mastery that gives 10% chance to recover 10% of mana when you use a skill. I'm not 100% sure (hopefully someone does?) but I'm pretty sure Arcanist Brand counts as "you" using a skill, so this should proc pretty often.

Also the Vampirism 3 passives on the tree. The recoup gives a bit of nice sustain which is a big weakness of the build, but the 3% life on kill will make you almost unkillable when you are mapping. This is especially powerful early on before you have the damage to one-shot entire screens and almost never get hit.

Depending on cost getting a Healthy Mind jewel in the socket above Witch start is extremely strong.

Oh god, I had no idea eater gloves had it! Thanks! I was planning to just do my usual Delve amulet. May Delve a LOT this league - this build rocks for it, I like Niko, and MANA NODES = cash money :DD

That's HUGE! The eater gloves it is.

(Yup - I heard a lot of stuff about mana flask nodes being borderline OP also. I am kind of concerned on mana recovery as we don't have a lot of other defense layers, so losing mana = deadge.) Let's keep each other updated as the day/week goes on! :D
"
DCnB wrote:
Thank you for your work and congrats!

Man, you guys are so wholesome. Thank you! See you later in-game :D