[3.24] Ivory Tower attribute stacking LL Ice Spear CoC Inquisitor

MageBlood does not work with this build, you need to run coruscating elixir with 100% uptime, even running triple flask charge charms won't get you 100% uptime on a 28 qual coruscating, without that you either brick the build by running shavs instead and lose out on basically all the extra es scaling or you die the instant you take any chaos damage at all. BiS belt is a hunter/crusader belt with life, % max life, % max es, strength, % attri and essence int, ideally on a stygian but a perfect crystal shouldn't be too much of a loss.

Edit: also for better ms, there isn't really an option, you're basically locked to stampede for this build anyways because you need two anoints and the body armour and gloves are locked in, 50% inc ms is enough most of the time. You have to anoint piercing shots to use ice spear with this, as otherwise you cannot get nimis return to double dip damage anymore and you have to run tranquility for transfiguration of soul once you switch to glimpse of chaos, prior to that you can run utmost intellect for a bunch more es and damage.
Last edited by CarbotZergling123 on Dec 25, 2023, 10:05:15 PM
"
JAGUARENSTEIN wrote:
Hello. Can you please have a look and explain to me why am I losing damage in ice spear first form all projectiles and second form as well if I replace:

Cyclopean coil with either of those stygian wises.

Amethyst rings(both) with either of those helicals.

I really don't get it tbh.

Since this, i've upgraded as well the other split, bought awakened coc and as well i'm 10% off to take an emperor mastery.

Simmed with all these changes and the same, stygian or helicals are worse than what I have and I don't understand.

Build: https://poe.ninja/pob/wr6

Thank you!!!

You haven't read my post in depth. Stugian Vise is better only if you roll it very well, otherwise you lose too much % increased Attributes.

For Helical rings - I don't know, they aren't visible on the linked page.

You also lack good roll + catalyst quality on belt and rings.
IGN: Free_hugging
I am usually online at GMT+1 evening times.

Generate filters using poe.ninja data using my item filter tool: https://github.com/Xeverous/filter_spirit
"
Hejti wrote:
Do you have any PoB for mageblood version? What would be the changes?
Dropped a mageblod running mf with this crazy league mechanic and i would like to use it for better movement speed while cycloning.

I don't have one. This is just an idea although you can find some people on poe.ninja using both Coruscating and MB.

Changes - most likely utilizing Raider-like boots (Onslaught, Elusive, Tailwind etc.) for the 52% ICRS cap (10.10 aps).

Whatever could be tried in PoB, this would be a map-clear oriented build. You can't sustain Coruscating with MB (would need to rely on kills).

Generate filters using poe.ninja data using my item filter tool: https://github.com/Xeverous/filter_spirit
"
MageBlood does not work with this build, you need to run coruscating elixir with 100% uptime, even running triple flask charge charms won't get you 100% uptime on a 28 qual coruscating, without that you either brick the build by running shavs instead and lose out on basically all the extra es scaling or you die the instant you take any chaos damage at all. BiS belt is a hunter/crusader belt with life, % max life, % max es, strength, % attri and essence int, ideally on a stygian but a perfect crystal shouldn't be too much of a loss.

Edit: also for better ms, there isn't really an option, you're basically locked to stampede for this build anyways because you need two anoints and the body armour and gloves are locked in, 50% inc ms is enough most of the time. You have to anoint piercing shots to use ice spear with this, as otherwise you cannot get nimis return to double dip damage anymore and you have to run tranquility for transfiguration of soul once you switch to glimpse of chaos, prior to that you can run utmost intellect for a bunch more es and damage.

I agree with all of this.

do u think i lack something?
dying a LOT dont know why
"
Hejti wrote:
Dropped a mageblod running mf with this crazy league mechanic and i would like to use it for better movement speed while cycloning.

I am running mageblood and I like it a lot better than the base build. Much faster due to permanent boosted onslaught and quicksilver, and very easy to hit the 10.1 attack speed breakpoint.

Playing with blazing salvo atm, but here is my ice spear setup:

https://pobb.in/PsnaO7hjFIQd
"
Bainand wrote:
"
Hejti wrote:

I am running mageblood and I like it a lot better than the base build. Much faster due to permanent boosted onslaught and quicksilver, and very easy to hit the 10.1 attack speed breakpoint.

Playing with blazing salvo atm, but here is my ice spear setup:

https://pobb.in/PsnaO7hjFIQd

Your build has impressively high dps, but is horrifically fragile and just in general has some very odd choices, for FFF sanctum of thought is uncontested due to the nerfs to radiant faith, searing purity is not to the best of my knowledge even in contention, a pair of good rare life/es, 2x crit multi jewels would likely be significantly better, glimpse of chaos is basically strictly superior even for your version of the build with the proper implicits as well as freeing up a flask slot for something else. The real issue however is what has repeatedly been brought up in regards to running mageblood with this build, you will functionally instantaneously die to any chaos damage source, you have less than 1,000 combined unreserved life and mana and no way to mitigate it with your es with your current build, it may work for mapping if you're careful enough and bosses who do no chaos damage but it is a huge and honestly unnecessary risk for relatively little gain, switching coruscating for dying sun would hurt your dps slightly, but you should have enough dps that it would only be noticeable in 100% delirium multiple empowered enemies or round 10 ultimatum. Also determination is kinda useless with this build, we don't have enough armor to scale it to something meaningful, the only real shot at meaningfully mitigating phys damage for this build is elemental conversion. Also you aren't running purity of elements or any other source of ele ailment immunity, just chill immunity and probably brine king for freeze immunity. In general your builds damage is spectacular, about half of what is theoretically achievable with an ideal non MB build with legacy gear but you have made a lot of sacrifices as far as survivability and general QoL in order to achieve that damage output that is honestly in my experience unneeded unless you want to instaphase uber bosses instead of waiting for nimis return.
I have zero issues with dying to chaos damage since the searing purity converts 90% of it to non-chaos, and that is what lets me drop coruscating elixir. My chaos max hit is 35k with 900 unreserved mana which is almost double what it was when I was running coruscating when I had 20k (which is about average for others running coruscating). With two sources of mana leech to keep it topped up from chaos dots I have had 0 deaths from chaos since I swapped to searing purity at level 95, and am well on my way to level 98 doing fully juiced t16 cemeteries with very rare deaths.

I still have my pair of sanctuary of thought jewels sitting in my stash in case I wanted to switch back, but I have died less since I swapped. The insane movespeed from mageblood and hitting the 10.1 breakpoint combined with the ES on hit watchers eye helps a ton for survivability so I don't see myself going back to the sanctuary of thought jewels since I cleared so much slower with them.

Agreed that the determination isn't super useful, it is left over from when I was running a mageblood enhanced granite flask with increased armour at which point it was doing a lot more. I may try tempest shield instead. I have an almost perfect glimpse of chaos that I was normally using, but I temporarily swapped it out to solve resistances since I was swapping around some flasks since I dropped leech from my cluster and had to move it to a flask.

I have been trying multiple different spells out in fully juiced framerate-killer t16 cemetary maps with deli mirror and haven't found this version to be fragile at all, and haven't seen much need to add more defences.
Last edited by Bainand on Dec 30, 2023, 1:21:38 AM
Can we use any other skill than ice spear? Maybe some kind of Arc or what about the new Soul Rend of Reaping?
"
MMCShiNi wrote:
Can we use any other skill than ice spear? Maybe some kind of Arc or what about the new Soul Rend of Reaping?

I haven't tested alternative skills yet but from what I heard from a guildmate I can recommend one specific alternative setup: Ice Spear of Splitting (all links same except GMP replaced with Inspiration).

Ice Spear of Splitting version:
- has to be leveled up (levels add more splits) (but mana cost will be heavily reduced with Inspiration)
- doesn't work with Nimis
- has much greater area coverage at the cost of 1/3 less single-target damage

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info