[3.23] Eye of Winter Triggerbot Assassin: >5000 projectiles per second (update + league start guide)

"
cnfnd wrote:
Thank you so much for taking time to respond!

- Dropped levels on Inspiration support in order to get charges

That works, but I would instead suggest setting up your movement skill / curses in a 4 link with a 20/0 Inspiration. That way your main damage skill and your Divine Blessing will have zero mana cost but you will still generate inspiration charges when using your utility skills. The main skill benefits from the bonus of the inspiration charges even if it is not the skill generating the charge.

You can also drop the spell suppression mastery that gives lucky suppression; you're close to suppress cap anyway so it's doing very little for you.
Last edited by _Atollo_ on Dec 27, 2023, 4:57:08 PM
Hey there, very excited to start this build soon. I am currently farming on a MF character to buy the pieces for it. What items would you recommend having before switching to it this late in the league?
"
Grotster wrote:
What items would you recommend having before switching to it this late in the league?

The build really shines at high investment so I would recommend getting as far as possible before switching. Especially since you’re coming from another endgame build, it would feel like a step backwards to not invest properly in this one. If you can’t stick it out for a mageblood, that’s ok, but I wouldn’t swap before getting to the assassin version with Nimis, so you’ll need the Forbidden jewels. Unfortunately they’re quite expensive this league.

A well crafted wand goes a long way so take care of that before swapping. That can cost you between 5 and 25 div to craft depending on your unveil luck.

Your armour pieces are just life/resist/suppress rares. You can self craft them or buy endgame versions for a couple div each. If you self-craft, you can get a +1 power charge shield base for a few div which is very good for the build.

You might be able to find decent corruptions on uniques and clusters at this point so check those while purchasing.

This looks incredible! Thank you for sharing the guide and so much well written info.

I will have roughly 450 div saved up if I sell off my current character. I would like to play a very good version of your build as my last build of the league.

Roughly how many divines would you recommend I save up before making the switch?
"

Roughly how many divines would you recommend I save up before making the switch?

Depends a lot on prices of uniques; the market was very different this league than last. You can make a very good version for Mageblood + Perfect Crime forbidden jewels + Nimis + 150 div. I would recommend starting to pick up the uniques (look for good corruptions on Loreweave), craft a trigger wand, and begin crafting some suppress/resist/life rares before selling off your existing build. If you have a good build already, I would not suggest switching before you get a Mageblood. This build really wants one.

Big ticket items that are worth splurging on are:
- +2 corruption Loreweave
- Chaos Innoculation Impossible Escape
- A well-crafted trigger wand (need to self-craft, it is a niche weapon and mandatory)
- +1 Power charge implicit shield
- Power charge charms (both flat crit chance and crit multi)

The way I like to set up a swap is crafting one piece at a time and loading everything them into PoB piece-by-piece before I even have a character leveled. That way you know you've capped your resists and met your attribute requirements before starting. The last thing you want to do is sell off all your gear, equip everything and realize you're 4 dex short of being able to use your character then not having the funds to patch the hole. I would save your rare ring slot for last because you can find a cookie-cutter rare on trade with whatever attributes and resists you need.
"
_Atollo_ wrote:
"

Depends a lot on prices of uniques; the market was very different this league than last. You can make a very good version for Mageblood + Perfect Crime forbidden jewels + Nimis + 150 div. I would recommend starting to pick up the uniques (look for good corruptions on Loreweave), craft a trigger wand, and begin crafting some suppress/resist/life rares before selling off your existing build. If you have a good build already, I would not suggest switching before you get a Mageblood. This build really wants one.

Big ticket items that are worth splurging on are:
- +2 corruption Loreweave
- Chaos Innoculation Impossible Escape
- A well-crafted trigger wand (need to self-craft, it is a niche weapon and mandatory)
- +1 Power charge implicit shield
- Power charge charms (both flat crit chance and crit multi)

The way I like to set up a swap is crafting one piece at a time and loading everything them into PoB piece-by-piece before I even have a character leveled. That way you know you've capped your resists and met your attribute requirements before starting. The last thing you want to do is sell off all your gear, equip everything and realize you're 4 dex short of being able to use your character then not having the funds to patch the hole. I would save your rare ring slot for last because you can find a cookie-cutter rare on trade with whatever attributes and resists you need.

Thank you very much for the advice.

Unfortunately I am not a crafter, so I will have to buy each piece I can find.

I will follow your advice and buy my items one at a time as I continue to farm on my current character. Once everything looks good in POB I will then make the swap.

I am wearing over 300d in my current character but I may be able to sell off some items that are in the 150d range that are only min maxing me and don't really effect my ability to farm currency.
PoE trade says the 4 second trigger enchant for the wand does not exist?

I can't search it at all.

OH I read a little bit more, is it only craftable?

Last edited by Juststraightthuggin on Jan 5, 2024, 9:01:50 PM
"

OH I read a little bit more, is it only craftable?

8 second cooldown on the crafting bench, 4 second version from unveils only. The “Gear” > “Rares” section of the guide has info on how to craft it.
I have started leveling the endgame build, but feel like my damage is majorly lacking, I'm only doing alch and go t8s for exp as well. Could you check my PoB and see if I'm making a rookie mistake or something please?

https://pobb.in/CoSrfWrSjzlW
"
Grotster wrote:
I have started leveling the endgame build, but feel like my damage is majorly lacking, I'm only doing alch and go t8s for exp as well. Could you check my PoB and see if I'm making a rookie mistake or something please?

https://pobb.in/CoSrfWrSjzlW

No access to PoB right now so going off the pobb.in only and there were no configs set on it before it was exported so it’s not going to be accurate. Are your Arcanist brand / brand recall mana costs zero? Looks like they’re only level 19 so you might have problems triggering all the eyes with a mana pool of 10.

You’re missing a lot of damage because you don’t have a second curse. You need to either manually path to whispers of doom or get the impossible escape and a jewel socket.

I also don’t see a Hatred - Divine Blessing setup. You need that, and should be keeping it up at all times; it’s a substantial % more multiplier.

Are you on standard? There’s no charms in the pobb.in. You can get a lot of base crit, crit multi, QoL, or mechanics that save passive points from your charms. Check the charms and “That Which Was Taken” on my character for ideas.

Base crit might be low because you don’t have the brittle boot implicit. You can move %chance to avoid shock onto the abyss jewel to make room for the brittle ground implicit.

You also just need life. You can drop the power charge scaling nodes until you can get into the 90s to just get a bigger life pool. Also, craft life on your gloves instead of +1 piece. Eventually you want the pierce back but life is more important. You can fix those gloves using Eldritch chaos or buy another version.

I’d have picked a better Loreweave. If you’re going to settle for a 77% version, you should at least get a +2 gem level damage corruption. The ES corruption isn’t doing much. Remember you can buy corrupted uniques unlinked and then link them with tainted orbs of fusing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info